Home

Is Madden Worth 60 Bucks?

This is a discussion on Is Madden Worth 60 Bucks? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Is Madden Worth 60 Bucks?

I have no regrets about dropping full price for this game. Online Franchise is amazing and makes the game a non-stop play for me.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:15 AM   #10
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm caught in the middle with my thoughts. While I did feel this year's Madden was much better than any other's I've played in the past, I did grow tired of it as of a week or so ago after buying it since launch.

I asked myself what it was about this game that was fun and why I stepped away from it and the answer simply was gameplay. For what it's worth, M10 has a lot of nice things going for it: new presentations, NFL teams, deep & flexible franchise mode (offline), online franchise, etc but in the end, the gameplay still feels off. As Valdarez stated above, if you're an X's & O's kind of guy or like running a real football gameplan, M10 can be enfuriating at times. Also, there are still quirks about the game that just don't make sense: warping secondary AI, LB & DL jumping 10 feet in the air for INTs, lack of passing mechanics consistancy, etc.

What I found was that I simply wasn't having much fun with the online aspect of the game. For whatever reason, User vs User (XBL) games just aren't as fun to me and that I can honestly admit is my problem. I simply just don't have enough patience with this game to go in and practice, play 100's of games, etc in order to want to get better against opponents because the gameplay just isn't enticing enough to get me to spend hours with it. Wins seemed like I earned them over b.s. and losses seemed like I earned them with b.s.; a game never felt as if one person won due to proper gameplanning, playcalilng, etc.

Offline, has been a lot of fun for me. I feel the game does do a good job of replicating real NFL play versus the CPU, espeically with proper slider settings. Teams play to their strengths & tendencies, in offline Franchise teams will make characteristic movements as they should, and the gameplay seems to be the right amount of challenge where every game is close.

So in the end, I'm playing both. APF still serves as my football gameplay fix and gives me the challenge of playing strategic football, M10 serves as my NFL & roster management fix while playing a more "arcade" like football game. Each game has their pluses and minuses but combined they help fullfill a full football experience. I'm sure I'll give M10 Online another shot as the season goes on.

Last edited by elgreazy1; 10-30-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #11
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Well I guess I'll keep it. It was either this, Forza 3 or Need for Speed Shift (already had an MS wheel).

It can't be that bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2009, 07:32 PM   #12
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm enjoying this year's version of Madden.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 10-31-2009, 10:08 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Well I guess I'll keep it. It was either this, Forza 3 or Need for Speed Shift (already had an MS wheel).

It can't be that bad.
You made a horrible decision imo. If you got a wheel NFSS and Forza are GREAT games. Madden didn't last 1 week for me this year and unless it get's an update like Live did this year i'm done with Madden for good and i LOVE pro football.

The only way i would recomend Madden is if you haven't played it in a couple years or you're into the online franchise. The gameplay still doesn't come close to 2K and Madden just feels goofy in comparison.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:29 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 1

Madden is not worth a penny. Its just a terrible game. Luckily I just rented the crap. I would feel pretty bad if I lost 60 bucks on that garbage.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #15
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Not on your list, but Borderlands is getting really good reviews. Or are you looking for a sports fix? If so, then you could always consider Borderlands a 'blood sport'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Having played both for the first time this weekend, I'd pick Forza over Borderlands.

While it's dumb fun if you've got friends to play with, Borderlands lacks polish and gets extremely repetitive IMO.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »