Home

Wow that sucked!!!!

This is a discussion on Wow that sucked!!!! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Wow that sucked!!!!

Okay, so I just got this game for the 360 earlier this week ( i have the ps3 version also, but there is just no comparison, and I haven't played it since 2008). Anyways, I started my new season last night as the Denver Gladiators with Ken Stabler as the signal caller, Natrone Means in the backfield, Alvin Harper and Rocket Ismail as receivers, and then had Singletary and Ronnie Lott on defense with a few other named players. Anyways, on to the reason this sucked. First of all, I played the Legends and they were STACKED. Barry Sanders, John Elway, Jerry Rice, and few other big named offensive players. Barry Sanders, first play from scrimmage runs it up the gut 83 yards for a touchdown. I take the ensuing kickoff and get slammed to the turf and I noticed Rocket's arm folded in an awkward position. I get the in-game report, broken upper arm, out 9 weeks. Anyways, fast forward to the 3rd quarter, I am down 28-17. They stopped me on 4th down and get the ball back. First play, they toss it to jerry rice, and one of my generated LB's comes over and Urlacher's Jerry in the face, and the ball flies in the air and is picked off by Ronnie Lott. I return it 20 some yards, go to spin, get smashed and I noticed his arm flipped over in an awkward position. Get the in-game update, broken forearm, out 8 weeks. WTF 2 top players out already, just first game of the season. Then later on, Singletary gets injured and is out for a few weeks. At this point I am like, you gotta be kidding me!? Well After getting smashed by Legends the whole game, I do get my passing attack rolling with Stabler and I rack up 371 yards passing (10 min q's, acc clock on). I get the ball with 3 minutes left down 35-32 to try and score to win or field goal to force OT. I take up all 3 minutes of the clock, converting on 3 4th downs on the drive. I get the ball to my 8 with 12 seconds left, 1 TO. I try to pass the ball to my TE and I get sacked rolling out, but I only lose 1 yard, and I am forced to kick a field goal. Mind you, I had already made a 43 yarder earlier. I line up to kick the 26 yarder, the kick is off, boom....wide left, game over, I lose 35-32.

UGH!!!!!!!!! Could my first game have went any worse? Sanders racked up 278 yards rushing in this game to boot.

Needless to say, that was my first and last game of that season and injury sliders have been turned down (they were at 70). I am starting a new season tonight with my created cowboys (generals) and I am creating a bunch of dallas' old stars.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Wow that sucked!!!!

Ok, and finally after 5 games, I win my first game tonight with my Dallas Desparados. I had played 3 previous games in 3 different seasons, all of which I quit because I wasn't happy with the team I had put together. So I created my mock of Dallas Desperados, blue and white uniforms with stars, and in the Dome Stadium. The first game I lost to the Arizona Scorpions 13-10 after a game ending interception by Romo, and then I faced the Rustlers and we had a defensive knock down drag out fight. Down 14-7 with 3 minutes left, I drive down and score a td with emmitt smith with 30 seconds left to tie it up. They try to pass and its deflected and picked off by Darren Woodson with 7 seconds left at mid field, I jet out in the open and out of no-where Hornung comes out and has a great pursuit and took me to the ground as time expired. I win the toss, and on the opening kickoff, I return it to the Rustler's 47 yard line with Deion. After that, I ran it down their throat with Emmitt and Johnston and finally punch it in from the 7 yard line for the td and my first victory!! It was a great win for this team, and hopefully I can build off of this. I am having the hardest time getting blocking...in 2 games, I've been sacked 9 times. Anyone have any suggestions? I have been shifting the line to the left and right to no avail. I gave Romo the scrambling perk, but it just doesn't help. I can't get away from the pressure, I keep getting blasted. I even turned the human blocking WAY up. I was gettin hit before I could even drop back in the pocket.

This is my roster:

Gold:
Deion Sanders
Emmitt Smith

Silver:
Michael Irvin
Daryl Johnston
Darren Woodson

Bronze:
Jason Witten
Demarcus Ware (He is a damn beast on this game...in 2 games, he has 3 sacks 1 ff, 1 fumble recovery, a safety and I think 5-6 tackles a piece)
George Teague
Tony Romo
Dexter Coakley
Alvin Harper

Old 01-21-2010, 12:09 AM   #3
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

that's what makes the game good.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 28

What a great game. Why oh why did you abandon football 2k? There is so much to build on. Still light years ahead of Crappen (Madden).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »