Home

2K Sports should get the UFL license!

This is a discussion on 2K Sports should get the UFL license! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #1
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
2K Sports should get the UFL license!

It is a pro football league. It should play the same as any other football. Who knows? 2K could launch the league to glory!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 2K Sports should get the UFL license!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
It is a pro football league. It should play the same as any other football. Who knows? 2K could launch the league to glory!
right now 2k needs to do something because i really need a good football up to date gm to play. although i believe madden will be good this yr, we will have to see.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 06-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

I wonder why they have never tried for a CFL license. Why would they not try that?
Old 06-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

I've been saying this for over a year now. The UFL is a chance for 2K Sports to get back into a yearly development football cycle.

Is it a gamble, a risk to think the UFL will be around for more than a year or two?

Certainly. However it's backed by a cash reserve, has credible former NFL coaches, and will have a number of recognizable former NFL players (maybe even Vick and Stallworth). It seems the UFL has Quinn Gray (former Jags QB) and JP Losman (from the Bills) lined up to play for example.

The UFL will have a chance to grow and prosper if it continues to do things carefully and follows a reasonable business plan. I hope 2K Sports sees this opportunity and runs with it. Everyone, the UFL, 2K Sports, and us fans of 2K football would benefit if they do.

Imagine a UFL 2K11 game next year with an updated version of the NFL 2K5 feature set. How cool would that be? Imagine having a new 2K football game to look forward to EACH year? In a word, awesome.

As for the CFL? The rules and field are just too different, along with most Americans being unable to follow the CFL games. I just don't see a CFL 2K11 game selling very well.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:11 PM   #5
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

I'd be afraid to sink all my money into a league that isn't even up and running yet. Give the UFL a couple seasons & then invest in a game. Look at the XFL, it lasted 1 year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #6
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Do you guys know anything about the UFL...they have 7 teams. 7 teams will not make a fun game.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:55 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
Do you guys know anything about the UFL...they have 7 teams. 7 teams will not make a fun game.

Do you know anything about the UFL? They have four teams for this premiere season. Not enough for a videogame to be much fun, but 2K Sports could allow us to expand the league.

In fact, as I said, they should be looking at a UFL game for 2010. The UFL should have 6-8 teams at that point, and just let us create another 8 teams.

If the UFL takes off, you can beat EA will step in and take over the license, but 2K Sports could get a long-term contract signed with the UFL and have the security of not losing it without warning (ala the NFL license). It doesn't even have to be an exclusive contract, let EA develop a UFL game if they want, just as long as 2K Sports doesn't get cut out again.

It's a risk versus reward issue. I'm sure the UFL license would be very cheap the first year or two, they could use the game engine from APF 2K8 (and the create options are pretty much all there too) and develop a game on a budget.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #8
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
Do you know anything about the UFL? They have four teams for this premiere season. Not enough for a videogame to be much fun, but 2K Sports could allow us to expand the league.
Haha exactly what I was gonna say. I love know it alls...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »