Home

I can't believe how much fun this game still is today!

This is a discussion on I can't believe how much fun this game still is today! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2021, 11:32 AM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: I can't believe how much fun this game still is today!

The way you explain is fantabulous. This is so informative. I am sure every one will love this post.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:36 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've been playing this a bunch again and loving it.

The physics and play animations make all the difference in the world. It just looks and feels right to me.

The best way I could describe it is that everything that happens feels natural and logical. The game has an unpredictable and unscripted feeling that Madden doesn't.

I've been messing around with different teams and players and they all feel unique. Going from Bernie Kosar to Ken Stabler to Warren Moon actually feels different.

I even get attached to the "generic" players that play well for me.

I remember buying this game when it first came out and loved it and I'm glad to have it again.
Old 07-20-2021, 07:36 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19

same. Ive recently started a new season. The gameplay is still top-notch.
I may go and purchase that franchise editor for the game and start a franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2021, 02:26 PM   #12
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Having a dominant front 4 is like a breath if fresh air, albeit a little too dominant but far superior to the non-existent pass rush of Madden. Being able to read blocks and cut is also very nice. Anyone have a slider set though? Only 5 minutes but not one penalty was called at all and the CPU had no run game although again that may have been on me for putting 3 stars on the line.
Old 08-21-2021, 09:44 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
Having a dominant front 4 is like a breath if fresh air, albeit a little too dominant but far superior to the non-existent pass rush of Madden. Being able to read blocks and cut is also very nice. Anyone have a slider set though? Only 5 minutes but not one penalty was called at all and the CPU had no run game although again that may have been on me for putting 3 stars on the line.
I've been playing on all sliders at 0
except for kicking, fatigue, and injuries. I'd set this to your preference. you might want to increase the ints and fumbles also. They do happen at 0 but not that much.

as far as penalties, they do happen. The penalties, I think, are triggered more by user input/stick skills. not as much randomly. you might want to adjust the penalty sliders if you want more.

I've had late tackle penalties which cost me a game. as soon as it happened I knew it was going to get called. I manually dove for a tackle and the player had already stepped out of bounds.

same for pass interference while covering a receiver I manually went for an int before the ball got to the receiver. I knocked the receiver over.

same for roughing the passer.

very few holding penalties at the line of scrimmage. I suspect that one would be a random penalty because we can't control offensive linemen on offensive plays. this is why I think penalties are based more on user input.

APF2k8 is awesome

Last edited by tril; 08-21-2021 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-21-2021, 03:08 PM   #14
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Never was a fan of the legends angle, especially since the generic players all just sucked and didn't have potential to rock. Also the presentation weakened terribly and felt really cheesy, and my gosh were those uniform numbers skinny.

But the rest of the game was phenomenal, sans no franchise mode. The gameplay was definitely top notch. They still never figured out kick and punt returns and the PS3 version suffered with framerate, aliasing, and possibly even no vibration? But gosh it was still a great game to play.

Because of its drawbacks my heart remains with 2K5, but what it could have been still lodges in my mind to this day.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-27-2021, 06:18 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Never was a fan of the legends angle, especially since the generic players all just sucked and didn't have potential to rock. Also the presentation weakened terribly and felt really cheesy, and my gosh were those uniform numbers skinny.

But the rest of the game was phenomenal, sans no franchise mode. The gameplay was definitely top notch. They still never figured out kick and punt returns and the PS3 version suffered with framerate, aliasing, and possibly even no vibration? But gosh it was still a great game to play.

Because of its drawbacks my heart remains with 2K5, but what it could have been still lodges in my mind to this day.
I put a lifetime into All Pro. I still play it today.

What was your issue with kick/punt returns? I have never had issues with kick returns. I will admit it's very difficult to get a good punt return.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2021, 07:45 AM   #16
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
I put a lifetime into All Pro. I still play it today.

What was your issue with kick/punt returns? I have never had issues with kick returns. I will admit it's very difficult to get a good punt return.
I might have to play it again since I'm mostly basing that off the fact that 2K5 had issues and 2K8 indeed had issues with punt returns, but most of my returns came out close to the 20 yard line. Peter would call this a "wash" if I took this out of the endzone, haha.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »