Home

Bigger Question: What if BB Is sub par?

This is a discussion on Bigger Question: What if BB Is sub par? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2009, 09:27 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 19
Re: Bigger Question: What if BB Is sub par?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Im all for this game but in no way will this game sell like free candy. If there is no NFL license then it wont sell very well. To tell you the truth the only news on BB and the only people who care about BB from what ive encountered are on this site. I just dont see the general public buying this game in masses
Did you know that there is an official website for Backbreaker? Operation Sports is not the only website covering this game. There are many websites on the internet that currently have members talking about this game. Just check youtube, for instance.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that Operation Sports is not the only website that has people discussing Backbreaker. Just to name a few; backbreakergame.com (the official website)IGN.com, gamespot.com, N4G.com, youtube.com, gametrailers.com, operationsports.com, 2kSports.com, and especially, easports.com. I have only listed the ones right of the top of my head that I have been to personally, but there are many many more.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
Did you know that there is an official website for Backbreaker? Operation Sports is not the only website covering this game. There are many websites on the internet that currently have members talking about this game. Just check youtube, for instance.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that Operation Sports is not the only website that has people discussing Backbreaker. Just to name a few; backbreakergame.com (the official website)IGN.com, gamespot.com, N4G.com, youtube.com, gametrailers.com, operationsports.com, 2kSports.com, and especially, easports.com. I have only listed the ones right of the top of my head that I have been to personally, but there are many many more.
Still, turf, this game will not sell like free candy. I hate to say that, because I want Backbreaker to succeed, but do you have any idea of just how many people write this game off right away 'cause it doesn't have the NFL license? There are so many people around the internet flat out saying they won't buy Backbreaker because it doesn't have their favorite NFL team.

Believe me, I would love to see Backbreaker do amazing, and blow people away. But from a first time developer with an unproven technology, without the NFL, and going up against Madden, they'll have their work cut out for them.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:24 AM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodder07
Still, turf, this game will not sell like free candy. I hate to say that, because I want Backbreaker to succeed, but do you have any idea of just how many people write this game off right away 'cause it doesn't have the NFL license? There are so many people around the internet flat out saying they won't buy Backbreaker because it doesn't have their favorite NFL team.

Believe me, I would love to see Backbreaker do amazing, and blow people away. But from a first time developer with an unproven technology, without the NFL, and going up against Madden, they'll have their work cut out for them.
Really it was just an expression and I do see your point, but people talk trash about what they will not do. Then all of a sudden, everyone's talking about how great the game is and then people jump on the bandwagon. NFL or not, the game will be like nothing we've ever played, but the truth is, there is no NFL. EA Sports will see what true innovation does and then jump all over it. We shall all see soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Really it was just an expression and I do see your point, but people talk trash about what they will not do. Then all of a sudden, everyone's talking about how great the game is and then people jump on the bandwagon. NFL or not, the game will be like nothing we've ever played, but the truth is, there is no NFL. EA Sports will see what true innovation does and then jump all over it. We shall all see soon.
Again, I agree to some extent.

You know, I have trouble convincing people to buy APF for 5 dollars (!) because it doesn't have NFL teams. I tell them the gameplay is better than Madden's (in my opinion), but they don't care as long as it has fake teams.

We'll see if Backbreaker's new gameplay style can overcome the lack of the NFL license.
All-Star TE #88
Old 12-14-2009, 10:16 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodder07
Again, I agree to some extent.

You know, I have trouble convincing people to buy APF for 5 dollars (!) because it doesn't have NFL teams. I tell them the gameplay is better than Madden's (in my opinion), but they don't care as long as it has fake teams.

We'll see if Backbreaker's new gameplay style can overcome the lack of the NFL license.
I sure hope it sells well because I am so tired of not having a good football to play other than All Pro Football 2k8. It's starting to get old after almost 3 years of continuous play.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 10

To me it's all about the details of football. When you consider they're working with limited resources, sub-par may equal success.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:48 PM   #55
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

It’s just hard to think this game will be big. There is limited game play out there and a small dev team. No one really knows how good this game will be or play. It’s very easy to say one thing and then the game produces another. I would like for this game to sell but i have serious doubts.

Quote:
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 12:03 AM   #56
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I'll personally be surprised if this game eclipses a half million sales. It's not an easy time to sell a non NFL football game.
I don't know what the productions costs were, and what the expectations of the publisher and developer are, but to me if the game sells 150,000 units then it is a rousing success. Not necessarily a good game, but a successful one though.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »