Home

Backbreaker and the NFL

This is a discussion on Backbreaker and the NFL within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 36
Re: Backbreaker and the NFL

why would you want to take away visors? they are sick nasty
Old 12-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Titan
Agreed those visors are amazing
Old 12-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by therhino
That's where you and a lot of people are wrong, more than likely the visors are here to stay and I don't know what you mean by "traditional uniforms" if you mean the player models well you can't change those and if you mean the uniforms themself well it's the same thing.

BTW Afrikan you say that the models are great for the first NM game, but I don't think NM will change them in future releases. BB is set in the future and people are just going to have to deal with it because I doubt it will ever change.
You don't know whether I'm wrong or right. Backbreaker has been in development for three years; we don't how their plans have changed or evovled. They may change their plans for the futuristic setting, or they may have simply decided to allow more flexibility with the customization as far as the futuristic setting goes.

When I said more traditional, I just meant editing the jerseys to look like jerseys of today. As far as the equipment goes, the jerseys and the visors(on every single player) is the only thing that's different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Titan
It's kind of unneccessary for every player to have a visor.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:48 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
It's kind of unneccessary for every player to have a visor.
But we don't know that because in the future they could be needed
Old 12-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #14
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

As long as the gameplay is solid I will enjoy this game. Not having real teams and players will be refreshing as I won't have to worry about inaccurate rosters and stats. Heck I wish we had a generic version off all major sports. As much I really liked APF, the part I hated the most were the legends. They were fun for the first few games and then I was wishing for all generic players.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by therhino
But we don't know that because in the future they could be needed
Why, is the sun going to be brighter ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #16
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

One of the reasons I despised APF 2K8 (otherwise I love it for the most part) was there was no personality outside of the legend players. There almost wasn't even a reason to use them, as there would never really be a "diamond in the rough" so to speak... although my TE was pretty bad-*** for some reason.

Hopefully, Backbreaker introduces this concept of "generic" players being given somewhat of a background, or a reason to get to know them. This is one big component to Blitz: The League and is a reason why I like it so much. Arcade or sim, both this game and NFL games represent a system where it's good to learn your team inside and out. I hope that Backbreaker follows up with this and not everything is equal.

Also, I understand that a lot of people are all about rosters and colors, but much the same I'm about stadiums as well. We can make these teams have as close to their likeness as possible, but when it comes down to playing in a dome as the home team 49ers, I just can't have that happen. Not to say I wouldn't buy this game because of that, but even still this wouldn't be as authentically riveting as I'd hope for. I really hope this game delivers on nearly every aspect including customization, but for now I'm also really hoping on going long-term in franchise for the reason that the players matter just as much as the physics.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »