Home

Never seen this BB video before.

This is a discussion on Never seen this BB video before. within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 19
Re: Never seen this BB video before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
Madden's animations look better outside of the tackling....Not as special as I had hoped for....

How soon you forget that Madden has scripted animations, while Backbreaker has real-time on-the-fly football action which will never be the same, ever. I play Madden 10, which is okay, but to soon be able to play a game where I never have to look at the same play over and over and over again, is absolutely fine with me.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:05 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I would be surprised as well. I am still amazed at how realistic alot of the animations look in APF. If Backbreaker even came close to those I would take it.
You will see football action in a video game like never before and you will be amazed on each play of the game because it will be different every time.

For the record, the running animations in Madden 10 are too robotic for me.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #19
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

While everyone is salivating at the graphics and physics engine, the videos released, while containing actual gameplay footage, that footage is being shown from a different angle than the angle you will be forced to play the game from. A producer or dev is controlling the view you are seeing in all of the videos released so far, so they are not showing how the game is going to be played. Yes the game looks great, but you are being deceived with every vid that has been released for the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpxW9kckvpM

Also they seem to be distancing themselves so far from simulation football, that this game may turn out to be just another Blitz!

Last edited by TreFacTor; 01-05-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 34

somone tell me the name of the song dang it. LOL
Old 01-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #21
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
While everyone is salivating at the graphics and physics engine, the videos released, while containing actual gameplay footage, that footage is being shown from a different angle than the angle you will be forced to play the game from. A producer or dev is controlling the view you are seeing in all of the videos released so far, so they are not showing how the game is going to be played. Yes the game looks great, but you are being deceived with every vid that has been released for the game.

Also they seem to be distancing themselves so far from simulation football, that this game may turn out to be just another Blitz!
damn you must know more about it than any of us, because they haven't actually shown this 'fixed' camera yet...just wondering how you back all this up. from what i've read it's an on the field perspective with the ball carrier, not necessarily the qb. even on the small passing vid its panned to see the entire field until its caught, then it zooms behind the wr. all just speculation, but it's def no blitz garbage...for all we know they just show off the big hits, not necessarily gang tackles and arm tackles. guess we'll all just find out in a few months, hope its as good as it looks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 04:23 PM   #22
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

I'm pretty much expecting tacle alley vids to be the angle...don't you? that's gameplay, unmanipulated. So I would expect that running the ball and on defense...I"m good with that.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:07 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:

we are being deceived with every vid? WOW...deceived, really?... I think there are other sports game devs who have decieved us more so than these new devs...

anyway, back to the game... read up more on it, there are lots of impressions from some who played it.

but basically, so far this is the best video indicator like the poster above me stated
notice how the camera zooms in when he is sprinting "aggressive mode"...but when he slows down the camera zooms back out for "agile mode"

Old 01-06-2010, 10:45 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 10

catcatch22- you're talking about hype view just like every sports game before the game comes out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »