Home

Frequency of Big Hits in Backbreaker

This is a discussion on Frequency of Big Hits in Backbreaker within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Frequency of Big Hits in Backbreaker

Thanks!

I hope the arcade mode is just a "tackle alley" style wide open game so it naturally will have bigger hits in wide open areas. If the arcade style strays from 11 on 11 (which I hope it does) it could add another fresh mode to the game, instead of tugging at developer time to try to make basically 2 football games in 1.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 01-02-2010, 02:34 AM   #10

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Does anyone think there will be any alot of suction or any at all in BB when trying to tackle or play a DT or DE? Probably thinking to far ahead since there still isn't alot of information yet.

Madden has it because, of canned animations so does Euphoria negate that? I remember seeing the the Running back running threw the between the tackles in BB and It looked great. It looks better than Madden's running because of the physics but, when the running back tried to make a moves in a open field It seemed a bit stiff(In a different vid). Maybe Its just because, It was a big back or It was the early stages of development?

Does anyone have any info on this or am I just thinking to far ahead?
Old 01-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Does anyone think there will be any alot of suction or any at all in BB when trying to tackle or play a DT or DE? Probably thinking to far ahead since there still isn't alot of information yet.

Madden has it because, of canned animations so does Euphoria negate that? I remember seeing the the Running back running threw the between the tackles in BB and It looked great. It looks better than Madden's running because of the physics but, when the running back tried to make a moves in a open field It seemed a bit stiff(In a different vid). Maybe Its just because, It was a big back or It was the early stages of development?

Does anyone have any info on this or am I just thinking to far ahead?
I have no idea, but you bring up a great point. Despite Euphoria taking over tackles, other motions still need motion capture I believe. Things like throwing and I'm guessing certain catch and blocking animations are still motion capture. I could be wrong here, but I think the game isn't 100% Euphoria in all aspects, everywhere.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2010, 04:20 PM   #12

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I have no idea, but you bring up a great point. Despite Euphoria taking over tackles, other motions still need motion capture I believe. Things like throwing and I'm guessing certain catch and blocking animations are still motion capture. I could be wrong here, but I think the game isn't 100% Euphoria in all aspects, everywhere.
Oh ok I gotcha. I just don't want invisible force fields and to much suction. In madden when you run up on someone from behind (like a RB running up on thier own lineman they act as if there not even there and keep thier stride. You would have thought madden would have made some animations for that by now. We'll just have to wait and see though.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 27

Hmmmmm... they're going to have to show me a video that convinces me that almost every hit won't be huge, because so far that's been what we've mostly gotten.

But, if the game is solid I can go with either style.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:51 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Great thread CK.

I agree with everything you guys are saying. Seems they are going for a simulation, so let's keep our fingers crossed. I think as long as they really push the "every tackle is different" theme, it will attract a more mature audience. If they are implementing the Right Stick for passing (as people have said), it could be an epic game in terms of realism.

My big hope is that there are two different modes.

1. Arcade (Big Hits Frequently, etc.)
2. Simulation (Realism)
There are. This has been discussed on the BB boards and in some of the previews on the web.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:53 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Reguarding the vacume questions... It looks as though, even in the early videos, that there is a lack of suction. You can see the Rb move away from hits and even partial hits that almost knock the guy over... If there were vacume, those hits would have all been huge hits, but it appears, at least to me, as though there is the possibility of glancing blows.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »