Home

Backbreaker Hands-On Preview w/ Gameplay Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Hands-On Preview w/ Gameplay Videos (IGN) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 12:09 AM   #201
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Backbreaker Hands-On Preview w/ Gameplay Videos (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
Good post! i'm greedy too bro!

why should we settle for less quality when they charge the highest price ??
They DON'T charge the highest price, the game is $50. But I get what you mean.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 12:52 AM   #202

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Backbreaker Hands-On Preview (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
I would'nt be too sure about that, maybe not in one year but the numbers of people who are "Maddened out" is growing, myself included..you have to remember, madden's current sales numbers are based on a false read of the gamebuying public. Half of madden's sales come from the exclusive license.. The more alternatives that come on the scene, the bigger the bite into madden's sales will be. The madden series is on borrowed time unless it can extend the nfl license.
You might be right about the borrowed time and madden sales like other football titles(pending there better or up to par) putting a dent in madden sales and unhappy madden fans. I hope your right but, I know your wrong and I'll believe it when I see it.

The NFL will allow EA to extend the NFL license, that is a fact and to think otherwise is blasphemy.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:30 AM   #203
Rookie

OVR: 3

For people saying player modes were done because of potential lawsuits, please tell me how EA has a license on the look of the human body? In APF you can make uniforms damn near identical to real NFL teams like the Colts and they didn't get sued. Stop with the excuses, this game looks like the NASA FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

If they wanted to use their engine in a sports game they should have used it in a soccer game and left football to North Americans.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:36 AM   #204
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVONFTW
For people saying player modes were done because of potential lawsuits, please tell me how EA has a license on the look of the human body? In APF you can make uniforms damn near identical to real NFL teams like the Colts and they didn't get sued. Stop with the excuses, this game looks like the NASA FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

If they wanted to use their engine in a sports game they should have used it in a soccer game and left football to North Americans.
lawsuits have changed the rules of things since 2k.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:45 AM   #205
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
lawsuits have changed the rules of things since 2k.
EA does not own the rights to the look of the human body or athletic human body or of traditional football gear, pee wee,high school, AFL, CFL, all use equipment similar to the NFL.

But have fun with your space aged football. I'm sure if the players were rabbits you guys would play it as long as it wasn't EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 01:54 AM   #206
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
EA does not own the rights to the look of the human body or athletic human body or of traditional football gear, pee wee,high school, AFL, CFL, all use equipment similar to the NFL.

But have fun with your space aged football. I'm sure if the players were rabbits you guys would play it as long as it wasn't EA.
I will. Have fun playing Madden 10 version 1.1
Old 03-06-2010, 07:35 AM   #207
Rookie

Quote:

Yeh cos Americans have done such a fantastic job so far!
I'm sick of this "They're British so they don't know football bull****". When it comes to video games you either can or you can't do it. FIFA 10 is fantastic, made in CANADA. Hardly known for their fantastic soccer skills.
If EA made a decent game, I would play it but Madden is a shockingly bad representation of football. Madden is for video gamers who like to play football. BB/APF2k8 is for football players who like to play video games.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #208
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:

EA Sports has had the NFL license for 6 years. The only thing they have done with it and ESPN is hold on to them. Nothing more.

Don't kid yourself Backbreaker already looks more promising than anything EA Sports has ever done with it's football games. LOL. If you want to buy Robot Glitch NFL 2011 this year, go right ahead, but there will be hundreds of thousands of real football fans that won't.

Backbreaker will not be perfect, but it is going to be the better option this year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »