Home

Question for the Backbreaker faithful....

This is a discussion on Question for the Backbreaker faithful.... within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Question for the Backbreaker faithful....

First of all, as you might see my posts on here, I think this game is going to revolutionize football gaming. I have not been so excited for a football game in my life.

Anyways, on to my point.

I love the fact that you can scan the field as the QB to find an open receiver. I was wondering if it was the same way on defense, in regards to reading the QB's eyes? Any feedback on that would be great. Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 19
Re: Question for the Backbreaker faithful....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
First of all, as you might see my posts on here, I think this game is going to revolutionize football gaming. I have not been so excited for a football game in my life.

Anyways, on to my point.

I love the fact that you can scan the field as the QB to find an open receiver. I was wondering if it was the same way on defense, in regards to reading the QB's eyes? Any feedback on that would be great. Thank you.
We will be playing from a defenders perspective and that depends on which defender we choose. It will be much like the WR, TE, RB, and QB runs on offense. Great question. We will only be able to scan through the defenders to choose one. We may also have the ability to set defenders to certain players as well. That's if one of the devs took my advice. I love 2k5 and APF 2k8's defensive setup.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
We will be playing from a defenders perspective and that depends on which defender we choose. It will be much like the WR, TE, RB, and QB runs on offense. Great question. We will only be able to scan through the defenders to choose one. We may also have the ability to set defenders to certain players as well. That's if one of the devs took my advice. I love 2k5 and APF 2k8's defensive setup.
So are you implying that if I am playing safety, it is possible for me to read the QB's eyes if he stares down a receiver too long to make a play on the ball?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
So are you implying that if I am playing safety, it is possible for me to read the QB's eyes if he stares down a receiver too long to make a play on the ball?
well he won't have eyes to stare at

but I would watch his helmet and see what direction it is facing move towards that direction....but not make a serious move until I can see a pass rush almost getting through.....then I would try to angle towards the Receiver in that direction......if he hesitates because I'm running over there, he will get sacked if not a fumble...

but you have to know what you are suppose to cover...you can't get greedy all the time or you will be causing your team to get burnt left and right.

also I believe you can focus on a ball carrier just like on offense...

i think this clip at :48 kinda gives an example....at first he is more in a scan mode where he sees more of the field....then he seems to switch to aggressive mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »