Home

gameplaybook.com Review

This is a discussion on gameplaybook.com Review within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2010, 11:29 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: gameplaybook.com Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
The title of the thread should really read hands-on or impression, it wasn't a review. Sounds positive none the less.
my bad I'm a noob when it comes to starting threads. Just thought this forum needed some life.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:41 PM   #10

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

They complimented pretty well on the movement of the players so that is a plus. I'm confident that the running game will be quite difficult but, fun at the same time. I got a feeling that you will really have to use your blockers and time it just right when you want to shoot the gap.

Just like on rookie or pro in madden Its extremely easy to cause big plays over and over again offensively and defensively and scoring on special teams is just ridiculous. I've scored over 100 points on rookie or pro(can't remember) once just to see If I could do it. I'm not saying the easy mode on BB will be that easy but, you get the point. That is what I will start on just to get a feel for then game then bump it up to pro mode after I've played a game or 2.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:08 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The vids they have shown so far have not had any big runs at all. Not sure if that's just to emphasize the tackling, but it didn't give me the impression running will be easy.
I didn't come away with that either. I think he he was just emphasizing the possibility. Remember the first 2K game for the Dreamcast, where a 4 yard rush was a triumph over the D? (excuse a little nostalgic rambling)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #12
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I didn't come away with that either. I think he he was just emphasizing the possibility. Remember the first 2K game for the Dreamcast, where a 4 yard rush was a triumph over the D? (excuse a little nostalgic rambling)
You know the first 2k I tried was 2k5. I never owned a Dreamcast, I was a Playstation guy back then. I can't even say I really gave 2k5 a real shot until Madden 09/10 failed to deliver for me. Man, I can't believe what I was missing out on.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:30 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
You know the first 2k I tried was 2k5. I never owned a Dreamcast, I was a Playstation guy back then. I can't even say I really gave 2k5 a real shot until Madden 09/10 failed to deliver for me. Man, I can't believe what I was missing out on.
Yeah, I felt the first 2K game was overrated though. The running game was brutal as I previously stated and the Pass D wasn't very good. The second game was a big improvement but online dial up modem connections were a lot of hit and misses.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #14
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Yeah, I felt the first 2K game was overrated though. The running game was brutal as I previously stated and the Pass D wasn't very good. The second game was a big improvement but online dial up modem connections were a lot of hit and misses.
The pass d was the biggest problem for me when I did try 2k. My wife came home with 2k5 for me when she saw it on the shelf for 19.99. I tried it out pretty much looking for any flaw I could find. About the 2nd or 3rd game I was on defense and blitzed the qb. I should've gotten a sack but my defender just ran in place on his chest while this really long passing animation played out. On the other end, the wr made this spectacular one handed grab, dragging his back foot as he went out for about a 30 yard completion.

That was the last game of 2k I played for 5 years.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:25 AM   #15
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
If you used stiff arm you could get big gains and if you ran outside you could get huge gains. I pretty much stopped running the ball once I found out how strong the stiff arm was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2010, 03:16 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
True, very true about the vids so far. I would think in arcade mode, it would be much easier to run and break free.

The way I read it was you are going to get tackled or break free for a TD. I could be wrong, though.

i would assume so too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »