Home

Who doesn't like the camera angle?

This is a discussion on Who doesn't like the camera angle? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you like or dislike the camera view?
Like and think there should only be one camera angle 55 53.92%
Dislike and think they should have had more 47 46.08%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #25
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Who doesn't like the camera angle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
This would have been a much better first response, since it addressed what I said instead of attacking me.

So you're saying then that 100% of the people who try the demo will like the camera?

It's not unreasonable to expect that some people will not like this camera angle and that will result in them not buying it.

First off there was no attack the statement was contradictory, and if you are buying a game based on the camera over the fun factor then there you were never buying the game anyway.

Then again there is always that frustrating alternative with more camera angles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #26
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDale
The majority of the people who will dislike it are the ones used to Madden's God-view, those people won't like Backbreaker's because it won't allow them to cheat and see the whole field, although they say they want realism they still want a God-view style camera... which isn't realistic.
So per this then, you're fine with almost everyone who's ever bought a Madden game not buying Backbreaker, except for the vocal minority who have bought into BB and think that an overhead view is OP and 'cheating'.

That quickly becomes not 'the majority of people who dislike it' but instead 'the majority of people who would have bought your game'.

I want game mechanics to prevent from cheese and cheating, not a camera angle.

Whether this camera turns out to be the miracle that saved non-Madden football gaming is TBD, my problem with it is the lack of options (and information about the rest of the game), that's it.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #27
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

I'm definitely intrigued by it.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
So per this then, you're fine with almost everyone who's ever bought a Madden game not buying Backbreaker, except for the vocal minority who have bought into BB and think that an overhead view is OP and 'cheating'.

That quickly becomes not 'the majority of people who dislike it' but instead 'the majority of people who would have bought your game'.

I want game mechanics to prevent from cheese and cheating, not a camera angle.

Whether this camera turns out to be the miracle that saved non-Madden football gaming is TBD, my problem with it is the lack of options (and information about the rest of the game), that's it.
What I'm saying is all you guys who like Madden may not be interested in switching because you can't continue your cheesing like you did in Madden, Backbreaker is realistic so real football fans will probably like it, but the guys I play when I play online in Madden won't like BB because it requires you to think more.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Dont like it. I will give the demo a good looking at but the camera angle is probably going to prevent me from buying it.. Wasnt a big fan of Superstar in Madden and this is too similar..

Seems like running will be a real chore cos you cant see some defenders because of the camera angle.. And please tell me the ball doesnt glow in the game..
Old 05-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #30
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkrieger
Dont like it. I will give the demo a good looking at but the camera angle is probably going to prevent me from buying it.. Wasnt a big fan of Superstar in Madden and this is too similar..

Seems like running will be a real chore cos you cant see some defenders because of the camera angle.. And please tell me the ball doesnt glow in the game..
The ball glows but you can turn it off.
I don't see how running will be a 'chore' and you can see defenders using the 'focus' button. But whatever floats your boat.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #31
Rookie

wickedbadman's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm open to trying it for sure, and interested to see the experience.

But they should have had the normal "over-the-top" view as an option. Anyone blowing a gasket over this statement is probably a little too attached to the game to be objective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #32
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

From what I've seen I dislike it, although I'm definitely going to give the demo a try though and see if it grows on me. I'm very intrigued by this game, but I don't know if I can get into the camera. I'll have to see though how it is while actually playing with it when the demo is avaliable.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »