Home

Watched the Customization VID : Question :

This is a discussion on Watched the Customization VID : Question : within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Watched the Customization VID : Question :

1) So will we be able to make the NFL team logos pretty accurate with the tools Backbreaker Customization is providing?

2) Can we create up to 32 teams? Put them in conferences and 8 4 team divisions and name them NFC , AFC, etc.....?

3) Can we adjust player ratings/skills?

4) Control all 32 teams in season mode?

5) CPU vs CPU in season mode?

6) TV/Broadcast cam choice?

7) Accellerated clock like Madden?

If these features are possible it's a first day buy all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Watched the Customization VID : Question :

I haven't been following BB a very closely until recently, but I'll do my best to answer your questions...

1.) Yes, I saw a video for a racing game (I forget which one) that has a smiliar logo creation tool to BB and they recreated all the NFL logos perfectly.

2.) The game comes with 60 pre-made teams, and you can create up to 32 yourself. I don't know anything about putting them in divisions.

3.) I assume so, but I don't know for sure.

4.) Maybe? Not sure but it doesn't seem like something that would be too out there to implement.

5.) Hopefully, again nothing has been confirmed, but it seems logical to assume it will be there.

6.) No. The BB team has confirmed that there will only be one camera perspective for the game.

7.) I don't know.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucs2nine
1) So will we be able to make the NFL team logos pretty accurate with the tools Backbreaker Customization is providing? Yes, if you are good enough, you can get them exact.

2) Can we create up to 32 teams? Put them in conferences and 8 4 team divisions and name them NFC , AFC, etc.....? Yes, 32 created teams and you can separate them into divisions in the regular season mode. (which is called season mode, but it is really franchise mode since they have 2 different franchise modes)

3) Can we adjust player ratings/skills? Yes

4) Control all 32 teams in season mode? Yes

5) CPU vs CPU in season mode? We dont know yet. There is a "coach cam" that lets you chose the play, and if you hold a button (i forget which one it is) it plays CPU vs CPU for that play. That is the closest to playing CPU vs CPU that we know so far.

6) TV/Broadcast cam choice? No. However that "coach cam" does slide back to a more god-view type cam, but you cannot control players in this mode.

7) Accellerated clock like Madden? I don't think so, haven't heard about it.

If these features are possible it's a first day buy all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here ya go....
Old 05-13-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I thought in another thread it was said that editing stats wasn't a confirmed/known thing yet.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7

naw, youll have full control of your roster
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Just don't see why there wouldn't be teams of all 99 rated players then so people can say it's all about stick skills and not the players. Or editing up their skill positions so that even though their entire team isnt maxed, the 3 guys involved in their money plays are, and so is the guy they always control on defense.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:59 PM   #7
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Just don't see why there wouldn't be teams of all 99 rated players then so people can say it's all about stick skills and not the players. Or editing up their skill positions so that even though their entire team isnt maxed, the 3 guys involved in their money plays are, and so is the guy they always control on defense.
I think the devs have mentioned something about balancing when it comes to online play, so the situation above does not occur.
But I won't play online, unless it would be against the good people here at OS and what would be fun about making a maxed out team? Where's the challenge in that?
Old 05-13-2010, 01:04 PM   #8
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
I think the devs have mentioned something about balancing when it comes to online play, so the situation above does not occur.
But I won't play online, unless it would be against the good people here at OS and what would be fun about making a maxed out team? Where's the challenge in that?
It's no fun for me, people do whatever it takes to win though, especially against other players. In franchise I enjoy the adversity of building a new team with players that are crap, overcoming injuries, building depth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »