Home

Post helpful tips here

This is a discussion on Post helpful tips here within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Post helpful tips here

When doing a kick off, aim to the corners of the pitch and fill that power bar right up. Unless the wind is behind the direction of the ball, I have yet to kick the ball as far as the end zone or out of bounds (as the Spartans anyway). Take aim and fill that bad boy right up.

When returning the ball, I find it useful to use the RT as a last resort or if a hole opens up. You won't make any headway by charging into the D while holding the RT. It's much better to stay agile and use your jukes and spins.

Keep your options open as a QB. Quickly check that your blocking is doing its job and check at least two of your receivers before making a decision. The longer you can wait the better in most cases, but be sensible. Your blocking can't protect the pocket forever. Be ready to scramble, especially if the CPU is playing cover. I've made some major yardage scrambling at the right time.

If I find anything else out that I find useful I'll add it.

Last edited by Primal80s; 05-24-2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Grammar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #26
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

If i were to be a lineman or FB how do I block?
Old 05-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Interesting tip I learned playing in Tackle Alley. Holding back on the right stick in aggressive mode does more than make you not fumble-- you can also shed tacklers using it. If things get cluttered, try holding back using aggressive mode. You might find yourself coming out of the other end still running!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeAyKay
Interesting tip I learned playing in Tackle Alley. Holding back on the right stick in aggressive mode does more than make you not fumble-- you can also shed tacklers using it. If things get cluttered, try holding back using aggressive mode. You might find yourself coming out of the other end still running!
sweet i will try it
Old 05-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 55

I had my best success running inside by going immediately into aggressive mode with power HB's.

From there, you can start trucking immediately. I found the closer camera actually helpful for reading blocks while running inside. The only big downside is running into an OL as the camera zooms in.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 05-25-2010, 03:46 PM   #30
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Wow, just learned this on the BB forums, thanks Bonecrusher...

"You can also use the R stick to move the camera and scan the field during a play on defense. You can also move the camera with the R stick pre-snap to focus where you want to be looking when they play starts."

This makes a huge difference if you want to play secondary. Pre-play I can rotate the camera towards the inside then when the ball is snapped it will stay in that angle so I can cover my man while also keeping an eye on what the QB is doing. If it's a run you're set up with a good angle, if it's a pass away from you just rotate slightly with the right stick or go into focus mode and you're set.

The only problem is that it won't let you rotate fast enough pre-snap, there's a delay after you're set up for the play. Could be a problem if the QB snaps the ball right away, although at worste you'll be facing straight at your man so it's not a disaster.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #31
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

How to properly scan the field as QB verified by Todd at BB forums :

"Using the right-stick on its own "scans" the field and sticks to the closest receiver.
Using L-trigger + right-stick will "flick" between valid receivers.

Todd."

I have been making reads with LT held since I got the demo and it is way faster.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »