Home

Rate full game of Backbreaker 1-10

This is a discussion on Rate full game of Backbreaker 1-10 within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Rate full game of Backbreaker 1-10.
1 15 5.98%
2 7 2.79%
3 10 3.98%
4 8 3.19%
5 27 10.76%
6 22 8.76%
7 64 25.50%
8 63 25.10%
9 18 7.17%
10 17 6.77%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2010, 03:40 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 50
Re: Rate full game of Backbreaker 1-10

So many glitches and bugs. After three years, you would think that there would be some sort of testing that would have been done to prevent that.... I gave it a 7 but I should of given it a five or six or maybe even a four.

The fun is wearing off and i'm starting to see the game for what it really is, NOT THAT GREAT. It's getting too easy to score on offense and defense is just an all star performance by me because reading plays are just too easy(there is not enough plays). It's like "that other game," once you play it enough, all you do is look for the same movements and capitalize off of them. I get AT LEAST 8 tackles a game because of the small amount of plays. Just by seeing the formation and looking at the down, 80% of the time it is possible to guess what the play will be. Natural motions should have stepped it up. It is a very average game to say the least. I'll be surprised if most of the video game rating sites don't absolutely rip the game of backbreaker to shreds. Shame.

Tackle alley is the only bright spot in backbreaker and even that minigame just makes the defenders seem like a bunch of "Diving idiots" because they just dive every which way and don't even have any regard for where the RB is moving.

Yeah, the physics are great but that doesnt stop players from morphing. I've ran completely thought the midsection of a fallen safety. So much for player models....... Also defenders look like they're trying to be juked. Their angles go for the outer side of your body and then all you have to do is juke them the the inner side. It's just........ugh. Buy it if you want but just know the repercussions.

Also, the time management of the CPU is absolutely stupid. The Cpu will be losing by 50+ points with three minutes left in the fourth quarter and they will STILL continue to run the ball. Oh my goodness, this game dissapointed me. Even if a patch was to come, most likely most of the same foundational issues would remain. Those small glitches would be fixed, but most likely the A.I. would still be as terrible as it is now. Many things need to be fixed(bugs and glitches), many things need to be added(more plays and more animations) and some things just need to be scrapped and redone(the artificial intelligence).
There's just not enough to do outside of gameplay. The modes are limited and unimpressive. Season mode shouldn't even be called season mode. The lack of features kills the game and then the problems in a.i. and glitches in the game make it even harder to appreciate the physics. Backbreaker is a 1999 Toyota camry with a V12 engine. That's the easiest way to explain the pain of a 50 dollar loss I've suffered. The engine is great but EVERYTHING outside of the engine is broken down and barely functional. That's how it is.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures

Last edited by 43Chargers4Now; 06-02-2010 at 05:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 03:48 AM   #66
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Very solid 7. Could be an 8 with a patch, but I'm really hoping for a sequel to give a 10.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-01-2010, 07:24 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 34

Its a solid 7.

Online with some trusted friends, bumps it to a 7.5

Id only play this game online with people on my friends list or people from here who want to put together a league.

Tons of blitz exploit potential, otherwise.

I'll be a harder grader when BB2 rolls out.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:07 AM   #68
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

I give it a 7. My main complaint is the lack of customization for the individual players.

All in all not bad for their first game. I am really enjoying it, especially online against friends.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:07 AM   #69
Banned

CharlestonTiger's Arena

OVR: 2

Really twelve 1's

Good lord there is NO WAY this game is a "one". Madden/EA folks please stay in your forums and stop ruining polls over here.

There is ABSOLUTELY no way this game would be a one... I gave it a 8. The main problems are AI related. I dont play games against the computer anyway.

The AI issues are also going to be patched according to devs.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 8

^ although i don't think its that bad of a game u cant get mad cause someone doesn't like the game its there opinion ...
Old 06-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademarq
^ although i don't think its that bad of a game u cant get mad cause someone doesn't like the game its there opinion ...
Yea but rating a 1 is just insane. That is pure troll trash. Hell barbie fun house would not get voted a 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #72
Banned

CharlestonTiger's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademarq

Problem is it is a troll... If someone thinks it is a 1 I will gladly listen to their reasoning. Its not like I gave it a 10 or anything I recognize it has some problems. It is just obvious that those 12 are trolling seeing how none of them have given reasons and it is ludicrous to say the game is only worth a 1 out of 10. Hell the logo creator would be a 2-3 by itself!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »