Home

Simple Logo Tutorial (Packer example)

This is a discussion on Simple Logo Tutorial (Packer example) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
Simple Logo Tutorial (Packer example)

1st. Make gold oval

2nd. Make a copy of the gold oval, make it green, use the stretch tool to make it slightly smaller than the gold oval, this will give u the outline look.

3rd. Repeat step 2 but make the color white

4th. Yet again, repeat the copy of step 3, but make the color green.

5th. Make a new layer with a square, make it green, stretch it out and place it to the right edge to create the gap in the G.

6th. Create a white square, stretch it out and make the bar of the G, done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #2
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Simple Logo Tutorial (Packer example)

That's a cool way to show people how to use the editor rev.. Hopefully other people take note and post "how to's" like this in your thread. I can't wait to get my hands on this game. Hurry up Gamefly!
Old 05-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Any chance you would want to make a video of exactly how this is done? I'd like to know how to make the Chiefs logo.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm working on the 49ers right now. I've got the basic ovals (black, gold and red) created and it looks good.

The S & F are going to be a pain.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:08 PM   #5
Rookie

ESPOMAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkboy
I'm working on the 49ers right now. I've got the basic ovals (black, gold and red) created and it looks good.

The S & F are going to be a pain.
Good luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #6
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

While I love the editor, I sure hell wish they can make this usable on the PC much like EA did with Team Builder. Knowing Photoshop, Illustrator and the Adobe suite makes it hard for me to go in and do it all manually. Even still, the editor is VERY powerful and deep. Luckily, the Cowboys were a breeze to replicate.

Only gripe I have is that you can't simply switch out a color swatch for another and have the entire uniform make the change. For instance, if you select Color A and go through, create, place, etc and take the team on the field an notice the color is slightly off, you will have to go in and manually add a new Favorite swatch and individually replace all the instances of each color.

Like I said, it's great that the Editor is in there, but it will need some fine tuning in each new version. Hopefully, what we create in BB1 will be able to carry over to BB2 somehow.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
While I love the editor, I sure hell wish they can make this usable on the PC much like EA did with Team Builder. Knowing Photoshop, Illustrator and the Adobe suite makes it hard for me to go in and do it all manually. Even still, the editor is VERY powerful and deep. Luckily, the Cowboys were a breeze to replicate.

Only gripe I have is that you can't simply switch out a color swatch for another and have the entire uniform make the change. For instance, if you select Color A and go through, create, place, etc and take the team on the field an notice the color is slightly off, you will have to go in and manually add a new Favorite swatch and individually replace all the instances of each color.

Like I said, it's great that the Editor is in there, but it will need some fine tuning in each new version. Hopefully, what we create in BB1 will be able to carry over to BB2 somehow.
I wish it had a cut and undo tool, would make some things a bit easier (like the S & F on the 49ers logo).

Wouldn't mind a fill too either.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:55 PM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I don't know if OS would approve of this are not. But there should be a pinned thread where people can post the instructions on how to make NFL teams logos and stuff on the editor. Hopefully they will pin this as the msin thread for making NFL team logos for BB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »