Home

Um so what is the deal with not being able to pass on hard difficulty?

This is a discussion on Um so what is the deal with not being able to pass on hard difficulty? within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2010, 11:51 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Um so what is the deal with not being able to pass on hard difficulty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I think he was asking how to pass and not cheese. I see how you got them mixed up though.

Seriously though, just practice and practice. I started off throwing a few picks a game. I can now pass near perfect games here and there.

This is the demo btw. I haven't got the game yet as I'm out of town.
LOL. You are correct sir I don't want to cheese, I want to play a realisitic game of football. In other football games I can't stand people who run goaline on their side of the field, and would never do that to the computer or a real person. I am not looking for expliots.

In regards to those who say that if your QB isn't good his passes will be all over the place I have to ask the following: Why is it on normal difficulty my QB acts like he is Joe Montana, and as soon as I switch the difficulty to hard he turns into Jamarcus Russell? I am making the same reads, and people aren't around my receivers.

If my QB can make the throws in normal he should be able to make them in hard. I can understand if bumping up the difficulty makes the game harder and makes the defense react and read plays better. That is not what is happening here. Putting the game on hard is making my qb miss wide open guys that he doesn't miss in normal. That is not realistic.

Lastly to the guy I quoted I will keep trying to practice, but again it's not my decision making or whatever its that the game decides my QB is going to either completely overthrow or underthrow my WR's on hard only.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:18 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 50
Re: Um so what is the deal with not being able to pass on hard difficulty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I think he was asking how to pass and not cheese. I see how you got them mixed up though.

Seriously though, just practice and practice. I started off throwing a few picks a game. I can now pass near perfect games here and there.

This is the demo btw. I haven't got the game yet as I'm out of town.
Well actually I do pass on 3rd downs and sometimes on 2nd and I do run the ball out of goalline formation a lot. I believe you can still get the same results running out of goalline formation if you have quick reflexes and don't use the aggressive button. But in short yardage situations..... of course im gonna use that formation, its the most sensible.

It's still possible to blow the CPU out without using the goalline formation even once. I've done it many times because the A.I. is simply terrible. If you play tackle alley enough, you'll just get the hang of breaking long runs. Today i got up to wave 80.

I wasn't trying to teach anyone how to cheese and if I did, sorry.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures

Last edited by 43Chargers4Now; 06-01-2010 at 12:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »