Home

Official RtBB Thread

This is a discussion on Official RtBB Thread within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Official RtBB Thread

Can we get this stickied for all questions, discussions and tips related to the RtBB mode?

My first question is if anyone knows what effect having 11 Gold players has on your team? Does anyone know if having more Gold players will mean they aren't as strong as having 2?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official RtBB Thread

Better players = better team, usually. Just started RTBB last night. I'm only 3 games in and waiting to purchase better players.

I can tell you this. A players form is paramount in this game. I mightily struggled in week 2. We dropped alot of passes, threw lots of overthrows and picks, got sacked alot, and gave up big plays. My QB went 1 for 19 for 6 yards and the 1 completion was for a 6 yard TD to win the game.
The next week I situated my depth chart considering each players form. The final score was 48 - 0. My QB was phenominal, my HB ran for more than 120 yards and my FB got 38 yds. My D was a wall covered with thermal detonating spikes. I earned more cash than weeks 1 and 2 combined. Watch your form!
Old 06-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
Rookie

Ok so you are saying it is best to put in lower rated players if their form is positive and bench better players if their form is tanking?

Old 06-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
Banned

foolish813's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
Ok so you are saying it is best to put in lower rated players if their form is positive and bench better players if their form is tanking?
Only if their stats are below the bench guys stats. What i'm saying is that your "90 HB" may be only a 79 this week. Then you would be better served by using your 83 rated back up, depending on how you like his stats ( for example: maybe he's not too fast and you just can't stand slower backs).
But in my opinion, if I have two players with about the same ratings, I would play the guy who is in better form even if he is maxxed out compared to the other guys worst day stats.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:13 PM   #5
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

That's the problem though, you don't see stats change that I've noticed when players are low form, all you get is an arrow.

So far from my experience, form can be ignored.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
Rookie

All gold players sound good, but less equal higher impact players. I made a team with 1 gold player on offense (a rushing based offense) and he was like freaking LT. Let's say you want a corner like Revis. Make a coverage defense with focus and one gold player. It will make one monster corner or a monster safety.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:52 PM   #7
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampN252
All gold players sound good, but less equal higher impact players. I made a team with 1 gold player on offense (a rushing based offense) and he was like freaking LT. Let's say you want a corner like Revis. Make a coverage defense with focus and one gold player. It will make one monster corner or a monster safety.
Really? If so, that is awesome.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampN252
See this is what I'm wondering. I hate that it seems so behind-the-scenes. I want to know who is gold and who is not. I need the stats to reflect this as well. What makes a player gold anyway? In APF it was more abilities. I wish I knew how it works in BB.

I played another game last night with the same roster. Some players form was low but I still managed to win 38-10. I am just really getting the run game down.

How far is everyone else? Any news on what kind of team you can build in RrBB? Are they overpowered?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »