Home

helmet design question

This is a discussion on helmet design question within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21
helmet design question

apologies if this has already been asked. I was curious if there's a way to make a design on one side of the helmet and just copy/paste/flip (obviously so the logo is facing the right way) for the other side of the helmet. Obviously this would save some time in making the more complicated logos on both sides and making sure they matched up and had the same specs and whatnot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: helmet design question

Yes you can do all of that.
Just select all the layers from the one side, copy and paste to the other side.
Then select all those layers ---> edit ---> tab over to 'flip' and you've got the same logo flipped on the other side of the helmet.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Yes you can do all of that.
Just select all the layers from the one side, copy and paste to the other side.
Then select all those layers ---> edit ---> tab over to 'flip' and you've got the same logo flipped on the other side of the helmet.
hmm, sounds easy but it would be super awesome if you could help me out with some step by step instruction here. Just copying and pasting all to the other side is something I don't know how to do.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
hmm, sounds easy but it would be super awesome if you could help me out with some step by step instruction here. Just copying and pasting all to the other side is something I don't know how to do.
haha ok, I'll get more detailed with it.

Ok, so let's say you have a helmet logo that's 20 layers. Now, you want to have that exact logo on the other side of the helmet, but flipped so it's facing the right way. Correct?
Obviously you don't want to try and start from scratch on the other side, that would be ridiculous and time wasting.

What you need to do is select all 20 layers, using the X button for 360, or whatever the respective button for the PS3 is. The game tells you 'multiselect layers' and there's a button next to it.
Now once you have selected all the layers, press the button for copy, again it's indicated at the bottom of the screen what button that is. Make sure all the layers are selected so you are copying all of them.

Then go to the other side of the helmet. Paste. The whole logo will be there. Now make sure all those layers are selected, go over to the 'flip' tab. There should be a button for 'flip 45 degrees' do that until the logo is flipped around, so it is facing in the direction you want it to.

And that's it! Hope that was a better description. Maybe I'll do a video or something.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #5
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
haha ok, I'll get more detailed with it.

Ok, so let's say you have a helmet logo that's 20 layers. Now, you want to have that exact logo on the other side of the helmet, but flipped so it's facing the right way. Correct?
Obviously you don't want to try and start from scratch on the other side, that would be ridiculous and time wasting.

What you need to do is select all 20 layers, using the X button for 360, or whatever the respective button for the PS3 is. The game tells you 'multiselect layers' and there's a button next to it.
Now once you have selected all the layers, press the button for copy, again it's indicated at the bottom of the screen what button that is. Make sure all the layers are selected so you are copying all of them.

Then go to the other side of the helmet. Paste. The whole logo will be there. Now make sure all those layers are selected, go over to the 'flip' tab. There should be a button for 'flip 45 degrees' do that until the logo is flipped around, so it is facing in the direction you want it to.

And that's it! Hope that was a better description. Maybe I'll do a video or something.
thanks man, I am about to give this a try. Going to make my Indiana Hoosiers, and though the helmet logo isn't too difficult this should definitely help. I'll let you know how it goes.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »