Home

Scouting in Season Mode

This is a discussion on Scouting in Season Mode within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2010, 12:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Scouting in Season Mode

How does a person know which guys are worth scouting? Can anyone shed some light on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 01:56 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Scouting in Season Mode

I could be wrong. I haven't got the game as of yet.. But from all the reviews. There is no scouting on BB. But again I could be wrong.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:49 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I could be wrong. I haven't got the game as of yet.. But from all the reviews. There is no scouting on BB. But again I could be wrong.
Yea, you are wrong :P. In franchise there is scouting, but as for the question... I guess it depends one what you are looking for. I haven't actually completed a full season yet (have been working on my RTBB), but I am looking for a nice power back, so i looked for a bias in strength with junior or senior experience. I also looked at the drills and looked for decent times and reps.

Hope that helps. If you let me know which position you are looking for maybe I could give you an idea of what to look for.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

Basically all you can do is look at their bias and the scores they got in various drills from the combine. I would definitely scout guys who have good drills in an area that isn't their bias because then you know they should be great in at least two stats. For example, I saw a senior HB with a bias in strength, but a 4.3 40 time (only a handful of guys had 4.3 40 times, and only one had a 4.2) and scouted him. Found out he was a Gold HB, with a 94 in Speed, 88 in Agility, 84 in Strength, and 90 in Focus.

I've only played one week in my season mode, so I'm just kind of guessing who to scout at this point, but a good rule of thumb is to look for seniors (I haven't even seen any juniors, just Freshmen, Sophomores and Seniors) and look at important combine drills (Speed/Agility drills for HB/CB/S, Strength for OL/DL/QB).

PS Does anyone know what drill helps you gauge a player's focus? Could it be his college experience? So all the players we see are coming into the draft (even the freshmen), but Seniors will have better Focus than Sophomores, and Sophomores will have better Focus than Freshmen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »