Home

Teach Me How to ****ing Pass

This is a discussion on Teach Me How to ****ing Pass within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Teach Me How to ****ing Pass

I run a West Coast type style of offense which means a lot of quick and easy passes for short gains. Why all the overthrows? I hardly put any pressure on the RS when I pass. I hold LT because I would think "focusing" would help out the accuracy.

Also, why the hell does my QB sometimes have to wind up to pass to a receiver less than 10 yards away? You need quick releases in this game because sacks come a lot easier, as they should.

I don't know if it's inconsistency with the game or I just don't know what the **** I'm doing but I need help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #2
Pro

rgp913's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Teach Me How to ****ing Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlon
I run a West Coast type style of offense which means a lot of quick and easy passes for short gains. Why all the overthrows? I hardly put any pressure on the RS when I pass. I hold LT because I would think "focusing" would help out the accuracy.

Also, why the hell does my QB sometimes have to wind up to pass to a receiver less than 10 yards away? You need quick releases in this game because sacks come a lot easier, as they should.

I don't know if it's inconsistency with the game or I just don't know what the **** I'm doing but I need help.
Based on the defense, highlight your receiver before the snap. Then, if you have to time to shoot a bullet in there, do it. But a simple flick up will do the trick. I never move the stick down and then up. Un-necessary.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #3
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

i rock the lob sometimes...but never hold the stick even for an instant. it's just a super quick 'up'...imo the game is too sensitive in it's leading. When you see the qb throwing taking too long sometimes it's because you held up for too long, even if it's just a tiny bit because not only will he lead, but also 'load up' sometimes...i still don't have it 100% worked out and some of it may be due to varying throwing animations. buttons could also be your answer. For someone trying to get the hang of it I recommend simple TE passes for short yards. It's timing based so if there is a cut inwards for example you have to wait to see the cut, then throw, if you throw before the cut you will throw it as if it's a 'go' route. that's another thing I want changed is to throw the designated route even before the break a la anticipation - but you can't. Also try throwing to rb's with that wide V-shaped move that starts as a fade and cuts back towards the middle.

I say TE a lot though simply because it's right in front of you, and you can see the rush and you can get rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds. After success with that you can try more complex routes.

Some of it may be the QB too, you want one loaded with focus.

Another thing I noticed on slants; if it's the right side wideout just flick up and sometimes down right after if you're overthrowing that. The LEFT side I find that I have to flick up, then quickly right afterwards (also a flick) ...for some reason the slant on the left side ball normally don't hit him in stride the same way and you have to lead him a bit more.

Also TE's cutting towards the middle is an easier throw than an out.

Hope that helps,...it does take time and a lot of patience before it starts to click. It aint easy.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Smile Re: Teach Me How to ****ing Pass

lol...you run a West coast offense?? You mean you stay in the PRO category of plays?....lol. There aren't enough plays to even run a style....

But anyway, the absolute biggest key to passing in my opinion is lead passing. Here is how I do it.

1. Find one on one match ups....someone who is not covered over the top or double covered. That becomes my primary receiver. If they aren't already the primary receiver, I mark them that way, so I don't have to switch when I snap the ball.

2. Pick someone as the secondary and note how many clicks over it would take to get to that read.

3. Look at the front of the defense to see where they are blitzing from. Online, you can expect a blitz almost every play because the OL sucks so bad. Offline, it is a lot easier.

4. Once I snap the ball, I take a quick look to see if I can avoid the blitz by stepping up, if not I look up, and see if my primary is open, if he is, I focus and I let her fly.

5. Once I pass by flicking the right stick up, I sort of control the pass with a second hold on the right stick in whatever direction I want to lead the receiver. Up is leading down field, left is left, right is right, and down is leading them back, but this doesnt work all that well. If you hold the right stick up too long while leading, it will overthrow them.

If you are throwing in the middle of the field, you are much more likely to be picked off.

HTH...Good luck.

Last edited by Caventer; 06-04-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:05 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 10

I already select my primary receiver presnap and barely flick the RS. I don't know, I guess I just need more practice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 02:33 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 13
Icon7 Re: Teach Me How to ****ing Pass

That's the beauty of this game IMO, it does take some practice, and you have to make all the right reads, and know when to step up into the pocket. It's hard as heck but I love having to practice to get it down. Reading the defense presnap is Key. You have to see where the blitz is coming from and what type coverage is being played.

My advice, work on your special teams play... LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »