Home

Route based passing

This is a discussion on Route based passing within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #17
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Route based passing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldash
You can throw the out before the receiver make his cut by using lead passing, I've done it a million times. However, if you apply too much pressure to the stick, it'll be out of his reach (happens more often than not), you have to apply just the right amount.

In this way you can also adjust routes, for example turn a post into a corner route.
yeah, kind of. AS you said it's touchy, and most certainly as sois said, if you throw the ball normally before the cut, it continues as if there was no cut to be made. This affects gameplay mostly in out routes and sometimes 3 cut routes. They should have just made the throw go where the receiver will be when the ball gets there according to the original route.

It's not "huge" but it is a problem I have with the game.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:14 PM   #18
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
yeah, kind of. AS you said it's touchy, and most certainly as sois said, if you throw the ball normally before the cut, it continues as if there was no cut to be made. This affects gameplay mostly in out routes and sometimes 3 cut routes. They should have just made the throw go where the receiver will be when the ball gets there according to the original route.

It's not "huge" but it is a problem I have with the game.
I agree with you. It's not huge, but the problem is compounded with the bad pass protection.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #19
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

In my opinion, this is most evident in curl routes. Out routes are a problem sometimes, but lead passing does help a bit. But curl routes are basically useless (to me, anyway) in Backbreaker. If you try to throw early, right before or just as the WR makes his cut and curl, he'll usually just continue a streak. But if you wait for him to actually make his cut and curl before you pass, he'll just stand there and watch as the DB walks right in front of him and makes the pick. Curl routes are VERY timing-based and it just doesn't work in Backbreaker unfortunately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »