Home

After playing the NCAA demo...

This is a discussion on After playing the NCAA demo... within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #9
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: After playing the NCAA demo...

After the NCAA Demo, I am thankful I didn't buy BB. As much as BB gets credit as being "real" -- it has so many unreal things about it. No fatigue, horrible A.I., no grasp of the American Football Rulebook.... the list goes on.

NCAA feels, looks and plays great.

That's my defense thread. haha.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #10
Banned

sportsfanatyck's Arena

OVR: 0

See, I really like BB and I was liking NCAA. I found myself locking on to a player every play in the NCAA demo to get closer to the field. I just wish NCAA and Madden would use that new physics engine that NHL 11 and NBA are going to use.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 14

I played the demo for 5 minutes.. put it down and went back to BB. In the end I might still buy it.... but was not awed like I have been in the past with the NCAA demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 12

I felt the same way. I also felt that the players were moving too fast. I called a simple slant route and tried to time it the same as in BB, but when I looked for my reciever he was all the way on the other side of the field.

Don't get me wrong, it's still the best EA football game I've played, but BB is just on a different plane.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 4

It had me wondering what BB would be like with a zoomed out cam. I love BB but I still think it's an opportunity missed by not giving you the zoomed out cam, if they had that we would really seeing the technology at work it would obvious to anyone who played BB how superior the game is in comparison.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #14
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballdude1971
It had me wondering what BB would be like with a zoomed out cam. I love BB but I still think it's an opportunity missed by not giving you the zoomed out cam, if they had that we would really seeing the technology at work it would obvious to anyone who played BB how superior the game is in comparison.

Backbreaker has completely ruined the rest of the football games this year. Once you get used to passing in Backbreaker, it's wayyyy too easy in the other games. It feels like you have an eternity and there's just no feeling of rush or panic at all.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
Backbreaker has completely ruined the rest of the football games this year. Once you get used to passing in Backbreaker, it's wayyyy too easy in the other games. It feels like you have an eternity and there's just no feeling of rush or panic at all.
I agree, but the BB crew is gonna have to humble themselves and move the cam out if they want mass appeal. I like the game as is but would love to have the option to zoom out the cam, particularly on defense.

When they do that, it'll be apples to apples and they can start gaining ground on the EA monster. As it is, BB simply seems to be a "niche" product that appeals greatly to a few and turns the majority off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #16
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9

I feel the opposite..

I love BB and have gotten very good at this game. it hasnt left my ps3 since i bought it on release day.

That being said..the game is already feeling boring to me. Maybe because there is a limited playbook and no commentary..im not sure what it is but the game has already gotten boring.

when i played the ncaa demo i fell in love with it and now july 13th cant get here soon enough
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »