Home

Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #89
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

just picked the game up this week so I'm still struggling with the passing game but after playing a couple days pre-patch post-patch... Patch is way better. STILL. I need to learn how to play and the training camp is ok but damn I need a practice mode.

sucks having to learn how to scan the field, pass (with touch) catch and run all while trying to win. (or at least waiting to get the ball back)
Old 08-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #90
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Backbreaker Greathouse (Patch version) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmofo
Sounds like you need to get your skills up homie. Madden has spoiled you. No more R. Bush breaking 6 tackles, dodging two more and then running 80 yds for the td. In real football rbs avg 4 yds per carry. BB reflects that. Get used to it. I have no problem running the ball.
The CPU suffers from the same problem. It's the game not the user.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:16 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 5

The run blocking does need some a good amount of tweaking for the CPU. They typically get nothing on every run play. Maybe a bit of minor tweaking for Human run blocking, but I'm getting used to it. Just ran for 140 yards (5.6ypc) on the NE Militia with my star RB. I'm having more trouble getting my WRs open enough so they won't drop the ball. Went 11/16 in the same game, so making progress. (Pro-Medium 5min Quarters)

CPU still runs a bit too many draw plays. I'd like to see CPU QBs take a bit more shots down the field. Dump it off to the flats too often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 03:28 AM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmcman1
The run blocking does need some a good amount of tweaking for the CPU. They typically get nothing on every run play. Maybe a bit of minor tweaking for Human run blocking, but I'm getting used to it. Just ran for 140 yards (5.6ypc) on the NE Militia with my star RB. I'm having more trouble getting my WRs open enough so they won't drop the ball. Went 11/16 in the same game, so making progress. (Pro-Medium 5min Quarters)

CPU still runs a bit too many draw plays. I'd like to see CPU QBs take a bit more shots down the field. Dump it off to the flats too often.
As the receiver catches the ball hold down the right trigger (aggressive mode) and down on the right stick to protect the ball. This cuts down on the drops significantly.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:07 AM   #93
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
The new QB camera has completely ruined my experience and I cannot play this game in the current state! Hated the QB cam before the patch, and I hate it even more after the patch.

The camera still needs to be raised more IMO and if my TE (who's just a few feet away) is running a quick crossing pattern why does the camera now swing all the way to the left? Half of my view is behind the LOS for crying out loud! Meanwhile, my TE is running to the right side so it doesn't help when my head is jerked all the way to the left so I can't even see what the LB's are doing! The "check blitz" LB button can help but if you have to switch recievers then it jerks and makes me disoriented.

You need to see the middle of the field right after snap to check for blitzers and peek at the safeties! This should be automatic for a split second, you shouldn't have to hold a button. Then the camera would automatically pan over to your primary reciever, but not to the point where we are seeing 30 yards behind his back! The camera should be looking out in front where he will be running towards.

There is nothing "instinctive" about passing, there's way too much worrying about button presses. I was so happy to hear about this major patch, but meh! And yes I know there are work-arounds such as click & hold LB right after the snap, or switching to a primary reciever who's route goes into the middle of the field. I'm just using this play as an example, IMO the camera is too jarring and I don't want to have to think about work-arounds when I have 5 recievers going in different directions on a crucial 3rd and 7.

The text and images below came from the BB forums and I agree completely...

"What is happening now is that the reciever is in the middle of your view instead of at the bottom. so now i hardly see anything infront of the reciever when i snap the ball. So i cant see a linebacker sneaking back into zone to jump an in/slant route, i cant see if the safety drops back into zone 2 or 3 or if he steps up, i cant see if the linebackers blitz me, all i can see is 15 yards behind the WR and 15 yard directly in front of him. i cannot now see any of the middle of the field. I need to be able to keep one eye on the coverage in the first 2 seconds of the snap. I cant do this with the new camera. and I cant do it pressing L1 because its disorientating. the camera they had before...I could see alot more of the field as the play developed."

View before patch:

http://forum.backbreakergame.com/att...8&d=1281045264

View after patch:

http://forum.backbreakergame.com/att...7&d=1281045235
Agreed. Soon as I snap the ball the camera turns to the side.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:26 AM   #94
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Loaned my BackBreaker disc to my girlfriend's son a month ago. He lives in LaPlace, about 40 miles away. I'll probably pick it up today. He just bought NCAA and doesn't have Xbox Live.

Based on the reports I've been getting, my biggest disappointment is the running game. Why would the Devs improve the O-Line blocking and then make it near impossible to run? Also the CPU's run game has not been improved enough.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:28 AM   #95
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Those of you that have kept this thread on topic....Thanks! Those of you that feel the need to compare or jab at EA's product...Don't. You will be banned. We aren't going to have flame wars in here. Thanks.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 09:09 AM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am enjoying the patch. Apart from the usual complaints I have some that I haven't seen mentioned:

I keep getting dodgy PI flags thrown against me for slight nudges away from the intended receiver.

As well as that, last night I threw two interceptions that clearly hit the turf before the defender gathered the ball.

Also sometimes using the 'show blitz' button causes the MLB to career offside and into the centre/guard.

Hopefully we will get another patch soon that will mop up these errors.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »