Home

Old 01-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Worth it?

If you want to get a good honest view of what BB has to offer compared to the competition. Read this little blog a buddy of mine wrote.

Backbreaker outlook
Old 01-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #10
Rookie

Kayotick's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
If you want to get a good honest view of what BB has to offer compared to the competition. Read this little blog a buddy of mine wrote.

Backbreaker outlook
Awesome. I will check it out. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayotick
Awesome. I will check it out. Thanks.
No, prob I just thought it was a good read for someone like yourself who is trying to see what it has to offer. It was a well thought out perspective of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2011, 11:24 AM   #12
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24

You can create 32 teams with the correct logos and players while playing a 32 team season with the same divisions as the NFL. How does that not come close? I made it clear he probably wouldnt want the game because it wont make the NFL, but you can make it pretty close. I guess you have a much different definition for the word close.
...because that's where the similarity ends. You can cosmetically make the game look like the NFL, but even then the player models are all mostly larger than life and all very similar, and with no injuries or fatigue or free agency your rosters are static every game until you draft players in the offseason. As a result, no, if you are looking for an NFL experience BB doesn't deliver on that. If you are looking to play one off games with teams that are named and skinned to look like NFL teams, AND you didn't like the demo... I am not sure it's worth the purchase then either.

BB is worth it if you are looking for a very specific type of game, and starting out by not being sold by the demo is not a good sign.

You may also want to look up what it takes to import an NFL team Kayotik to make sure you're OK with that process.

Close to the NFL to me is more than names and skins on players.

Last edited by mestevo; 01-06-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #13
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
...because that's where the similarity ends. You can cosmetically make the game look like the NFL, but even then the player models are all mostly larger than life and all very similar, and with no injuries or fatigue or free agency your rosters are static every game until you draft players in the offseason. As a result, no, if you are looking for an NFL experience BB doesn't deliver on that. If you are looking to play one off games with teams that are named and skinned to look like NFL teams, AND you didn't like the demo... I am not sure it's worth the purchase then either.

BB is worth it if you are looking for a very specific type of game, and starting out by not being sold by the demo is not a good sign.

You may also want to look up what it takes to import an NFL team Kayotik to make sure you're OK with that process.

Close to the NFL to me is more than names and skins on players.
LMAO like I said much different definition of close.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #14
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
LMAO like I said much different definition of close.
Where is the humor in my post? You're posting on a site where people make threads about socks being incorrect. Logos and names don't make a game 'close to the NFL' outside a very specific context.

You specifically said the game comes close to replicating the NFL. How does it do this aside from names, logos?

Kayotic, how do you intend to play this game, as that will determine if you can get much value out of BB at any price.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #15
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Where is the humor in my post? You're posting on a site where people make threads about socks being incorrect. Logos and names don't make a game 'close to the NFL' outside a very specific context.

You specifically said the game comes close to replicating the NFL. How does it do this aside from names, logos?

Kayotic, how do you intend to play this game, as that will determine if you can get much value out of BB at any price.
You take things way to seriously. Have fun with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #16
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Both of you have different opinions of what close is...that's fine you each have a right to express those, enough of the back and forth please...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »