Home

Thing that should be in BB2(if it comes back)

This is a discussion on Thing that should be in BB2(if it comes back) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thing that should be in BB2(if it comes back)

Backbreaker would be a great game if it had some improvements.

1. A Different game industry besides 505 games, maybe 2k because 505 is pretty small and 2k is big.

2. The physics are good, but some ridiculous things happen, especially after the play. People get up doing flips b/c they get bumped into.

3. A more of a Madden like few, if youre playing backbreaker and you press R1(ps3) or left bumper(360), you can see it goes into an overhead view and you can almost see the whole field. It would be an awesome view to play the game, and it would be more suitable for playing with a friend. Also Madden/NCAA passing.

4. A better crowd that doesn't hop around 24/7 and isnt cheering when im at home and the other team scores a touchdown.

5. Needs more audibles, than just changing the play or the side the play is going to, i should be able to motion, hot route, pretty much everything in Madden/NCAA.

6. Realistic padding, rather than Styrofoam looking pads with abs on them. Actual jerseys. More acessories to add on to the player, height and weight change, every position looks the same. Add faces into the game , not everyone should have a mic and a black visor.

7.Better play books, like fake field goals and fake punts. Options plays.

8. No suction blocking , its rediculously impossible to make a sack with the new great house patch. O-line should be able to cut.

9. The run game, its so annoying. Sometimes you get lucky and youll get a hole to run through but most of the same youre hit in the backfield as soon as you touch the ball b/c the run game is so slow. Players need to be faster. Pre- greathouse running was great, all i would do was run over my opponents but now I rarely run.

Basically, if you just took Madden or NCAA without the gameplay, and added Backbreaker's physics and hits, no canned animations, and a 3rd person overhead view,then you'd have a godly american football game that would be the greatest ever made.

Last edited by reddead465; 11-20-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Thing that should be in BB2(if it comes back)

9. The run game, its so annoying. Sometimes you get lucky and youll get a hole to run through but most of the same youre hit in the backfield as soon as you touch the ball b/c the run game is so slow. Players need to be faster. Pre- greathouse running was great, all i would do was run over my opponents but now I rarely run.

AMEN...A...FREAKIN'...MEN!!! This is without a doubt, the most frustrating part of Backbreaker and why I rarely play it. After the greathouse patch, I finally have time to throw...sometimes, but good luck establishing a running game. It's seriously broken, I set up a game with my running based team against a scrub team and as soon as I hiked the ball, my rb was surrounded by defenders.

Playing Backbreaker, I have to ignore enough issues, but that was the last straw for me.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

The single biggest thing a theoretical Backbreaker 2 would need is focus. Don't ride the line and try and please BOTH arcade and sim people. If you're making a Blitz game, go crazy. If you're making a sim game, then welcome to the land of high expectations, be prepared to put in the work try and meet and (in some ways) exceed them.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

There was an iPhone commercial that aired this weekend showing off all the apps you can get on iPhone. One of them had the Backbreaker logo.

Sadly, Backbreaker is a cell phone franchise now. They are done making console games for the foreseeable future.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:38 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

I think it just needs better physics so people don't fly 50 ft. in the air if their legs get hit sometimes.
And the player models need to look more realistic like Maddens'. The player's should also be completely editable and not all wear visors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #6
Rookie

dcal's Arena

OVR: 19

I agree and would also add that the physics should be customizable with realistic settings as the default. It would not hurt to have the option to goof off after playing realistic settings for a while. Set physics on moon gravity and watch the hilarity ensue

The more options and customization the better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »