Home

Finish what ya started!!! (1994 Chicago White Sox Dynasty)

This is a discussion on Finish what ya started!!! (1994 Chicago White Sox Dynasty) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2009, 03:22 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Finish what ya started!!! (1994 Chicago White Sox Dynasty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
You should do a periodic Ryne Sandberg update...just for me.

He was my hero as a kid.

You can check out his player page here. I update it after each of my series. So his page is current as I just finished up my series. You can check out any player in the dynasty. It's just that there is over 8200 pages of stuff. So a lot of crap to navigate. It's all there except for league leaders which the program messes up on and I have to re-install anytime I want to make those pages so they don't get updated as often.

For you I will put a link in just for Ryne each time it's updated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 05:34 PM   #26
Pro

"The White Sox Take Game #1 Of The 4 Game Series!"

Friday
April 15th, 1994

Full Box Score

"Minor League Report"

"Nashville Sounds (AAA)"

Friday
April 15th, 1994

Full Box Score

"Birmingham Barons (AA)"

Friday
April 15th, 1994

Full Box Score

"Prince William Cannons (A)"

Friday
April 15th, 1994

Full Box Score

"Major League Baseball News & Notes"

The Oakland Athletics placed (3B) Jason Giambi & (CF) Stan Javier onto the trading block today. Oakland is sitting at 2-7 on the young season and may be looking to unload on some of it's talent early in the season instead of near the trading deadline.

Jason Giambi is a 23 year old left handed bat that has yet to log any time in the major leagues. Jason has huge potential to become a star in the future, but he is very raw around the edges. He has 6 years left on his 100 thousand dollar contract. He could be a steal for someone that don't need him now, but could in the near future.

Stan Javier is a 30 year only out fielder that has been having a good start to 1994 batting .368 with 3 homeruns & 8 RBI's in 9 games played. Stan has also played for the Dodgers, Angels & Phillies. He has a career batting average of .253 with 16 homeruns & 183 RBI's in 859 games played. He could be a nice addition to anyone with needs in the outfield or for a team lacking a decent bat in the bench, but his 1.8 million dollar contract will probably push some teams away.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:31 PM   #27
Pro

"The White Sox Are Riding A 3 Game Winning Streak!"

Saturday
April 16th, 1994

Full Box Score

"Minor League Report"

"Nashville Sounds (AAA)"

Saturday
April 16th, 1994

Full Box Score

"Birmingham Barons (AA)"

Saturday
April 16th, 1994

Full Box Score

Saturday
April 16th, 1994

Full Box Score
Old 04-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #28
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrafice
You can check out his player page here. I update it after each of my series. So his page is current as I just finished up my series. You can check out any player in the dynasty. It's just that there is over 8200 pages of stuff. So a lot of crap to navigate. It's all there except for league leaders which the program messes up on and I have to re-install anytime I want to make those pages so they don't get updated as often.

For you I will put a link in just for Ryne each time it's updated

So awesome. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
So awesome. Thanks.

Not a Problem... Instead of posting with each update I will eventually put in in the 2nd post when I get around to updating that post with the history stuff so it's easier for you to find!!! If anyone else has favorite players they want tracked let me know and I will do the same for all.

"The White Sox take away no-hitter!"

Sunday
April 17th, 1994

Full Box Score

"Minor League Report"

"Nashville Sounds (AAA)"

Sunday
April 17th, 1994

Full Box Score

"Birmingham Barons (AA)"

Sunday
April 17th, 1994

Full Box Score

Sunday
April 17th, 1994

Full Box Score
Old 04-07-2009, 01:06 AM   #30
Pro

"The White Sox Bats Come Alive!"

Monday
April 18th, 1994

Full Box Score

"Minor League Report"

"Nashville Sounds (AAA)"

Monday
April 18th, 1994

Full Box Score

"Birmingham Barons (AA)"

Monday
April 18th, 1994

Full Box Score

Monday
April 18th, 1994

Full Box Score

"League Sites Updated"
1994 MLB.com
1994 AAA.com
1994 AA.com
1994 A.com

"Chicago White Sox press conference after Boston Red Sox series"

*White Sox Manager, Gene Lamont steps up to the podium*

Gene Lamont: This will be a good press conference today. We were able to gain control of this series right from the start and went on to take three of four against the Boston Red Sox over the weekend. The first game got a little out of control in the ninth inning, but Roberto Hernandez was able to finish it off with the victory. Game two we went up against Roger Clemens again and this time we did much better even forcing a few mistakes to give us the victory. Game three we ran into a unstoppable Aaron Sele. That game was frustrating, but we weren't on the wrong side of history. You run into those kinds of performances every now and then. It's too bad for Aaron that he had to leave the game in the ninth inning or the game could have been one for the ages. Game four today showed what our offense is capable of. 17 hits today scoring 5 runs without the need for the long ball. Sure it would have been nice to score more runs and the homerun would have helped that, but we still got the victory and we are leaving Boston with a winning record.

Our pitching staff did really well in this series again and has been the glue holding this team together so far. All three of the winning pitchers were the starters and the loss went to Alex Fernandez, but once again he was forced to take the loss after a good performance. He just got out matched that game. It's hard to match a pitcher that goes into the ninth with a no-hitter. Jack McDowell out pitched Roger Clemens in his start to get his first win of the season. His era is below 2.00 and continues to have a good start to the season. Wilson Alvarez had a great game today. He didn't walk anyone and is still showing improvement in his control. Scott Sanderson pitched well in the first game of the series improving to 2-0 on the season. He is doing just what we expect out of the number five spot in the rotation. He has given us two quality starts so far and we are pleased with his performance. The bull pen had a bad first game allowing 4 runs to score, but was lights out the rest of the series.

Our offense sure did come alive after getting embarrassed in game three did they? Paul Molitor got 2 hits today to bring him within 1 hit of 2500 career hits. He should be able to get to that mark against his former team, the Milwaukee Brewers. Everyone on the roster contributed in the series, but Robin Ventura stood out above everyone else. He hit a homerun in three strait games after being moved down a spot to sixth in the lineup. Darrin Jackson has played well in his new spot and Frank Thomas has seen more pitches aswell. We are moving into divisional play here in the next couple weeks and it will have to continue if we are to keep pace with the red hot Minnesota Twins. I am pleased with Craig Grebeck's ability to come in and play all three of the infield positions and play them really well. His bat has been good which is a plus.

Now for your questions...

John Hickey: How were you feeling during the no-hit bid by Aaron Sele, and what was your thoughts when you choose to put Norberto Martin in the game with two outs and only having 2 bat bats so far?

Gene Lamont: I was worried! No doubt about it. You never want to be on the receiving end of one of those games. Norberto is a clutch hitter. He came into the situation just wanting to get a base hit and it worked out for us. Now it's too bad Bo Jackson couldn't do what he did in the first game of the series and give us the victory on top of it. We got out of that game without losing much momentum, and Norberto's hit gave us a huge boost coming into today's game.

Todd Kalas: Andre Dawson was on fire this series. What were you able to do against the rest of the team that you couldn't do against him?

Gene Lamont: Andre Dawson is a competitor! Not to say the rest of the guys on that team isin't. They have a bunch of veterans on that squad. I am suprised that they were not able to contribute much like Andre did in this series. Andre was carrying that team on his shoulders. I don't know if we tried to do anything different. He was just able to get good wood on the ball and drove it where our defenders weren't.

Scott Meakin: How does it feel to finally be above .500 and to not have to play anymore games against teams in the AL East anytime soon?

Gene Lamont: The teams we played so far are very tough. Toronto & New York will be there in the end! I feel we are starting to come together at just the right time now that we are going to be facing the Brewers and the Tigers in our division. We need to continue our progress and win a bunch of games against these two teams if we are to be in contention at the end. It will be interesting to watch that's for sure!

That's all for today. I will see you all after the series with the Milwaukee Brewers.

Monday
April 18th, 1994

Over the weekend the Philadelphia Phillies released starting pitcher, Fernando Valenzuela. No word on the exact reason why, but Fernando might be at the end of his career. He still can contribute to many ball clubs and it will be interesting to see who makes the move to pick this left hander up in the next week or two.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #31
All Star

doncoryell's Arena

OVR: 20

This is looking great so far.

As you can probably tell, I like dwelling with baseball history as well. I use OOTP9 now for that purpose for my threads with the revised history of baseball and the 1978+ Red Sox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 08:40 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncoryell
This is looking great so far.

As you can probably tell, I like dwelling with baseball history as well. I use OOTP9 now for that purpose for my threads with the revised history of baseball and the 1978+ Red Sox.
Of course your '78 thread is one that have been looking at from time to time. I don't know a whole lot about that far back as I didn't get into baseball until the 88 World Series and the Oakland A's. More specifically Dennis Eckersley... anyway I do know some of the guys you got and whats going on there. I seen the Brewers are leading their division in yours. Hope they can keep it up! Go Brewers!!! (My home team by the way)

Thanks for looking in and I hope you continue to enjoy it!!!

"Chicago White Sox!"

Tuesday
April 19th, 1994

Full Box Score

"Minor League Report"

"Nashville Sounds (AAA)"

Tuesday
April 19th, 1994

Full Box Score

"Birmingham Barons (AA)"

Tuesday
April 19th, 1994

Full Box Score

Tuesday
April 19th, 1994

Full Box Score

Chicago White Sox News & Notes"

Tuesday
April 19th, 1994

Minor Leagues"
Outfielder, Mike Cameron was injured today with a strained rib cage and will be out for at least 14 days, so the White Sox put him on the 15 day DL and signed outfielder, Willie Canate to a 1 year contract to fill in at double AA, Birmingham. Willie was released yesterday as part of the shake up in the Toronto Blue Jays organization. He was 0 for 4 in 1 appearance in triple A Syracuse before being let go. Willie played in the majors for a little bit last season batting .213 with 1 homerun and 3 RBI's in 47 plate appearances. He may be released back into free agency, but could win the job over Ricardo Perez if he performs well during his stay with Birmingham.

Tuesday
April 19th, 1994

The Boston Red Sox released starting pitcher, Joe Hesketh after his performance against the Chicago White Sox on Monday. Boston called up a few new pitchers to the major league roster and a couple position players most notably, Nomar Garciaparra to play back up at short stop.

The Toronto Blue Jays made some whole sale changes to their minor league clubs. Most of the guys have been re-assigned to different clubs or released entirely. The Blue Jays roster remains largely the same with only three players making the call up to the team. Aaron Small, Alex S. Gonzalez and Shawn Green all at the age of 21. Can they help the already powerful Blue Jays three peat as World Series Champions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »