Home

Cleveland Indians (MLB 08 The Show)

This is a discussion on Cleveland Indians (MLB 08 The Show) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2009, 02:11 AM   #1
Pro

Steelersfan85's Arena

OVR: 11
Cleveland Indians (MLB 08 The Show)

***I will be continuing my dynasty that I had on here last year. ***

Cleveland Indians

Month By Month Recap:

April

The Indians Started the 2008 season off on the right foot by going 19-9 for the month. They had a 10 game winning streak, their longest of the season, from April 12 until April 22.

May

The Indians could only manage .500 baseball for the month of May but they remained in 1st place in the AL Central with a record of 33-23.

June

The Indians continued to dominate with a record of 18-10 in the month of June. They remained in first place with the only true threat coming from the Tigers with the rest of the division falling well below .500. The Indians season record is now 51-33.

On June 14 the Indians traded struggling third basemen Casey Blake to the Chicago Cubs for Closer Kerry Wood. The Indians signed 3B Shea Hillenbrand to a 1 year contract to replace Casey Blake. The Indians also signed veteran CF Kenny Lofton to a 1 year deal to provide some outfield depth. After the Tribe released Jason Micheals.

July/August

The Indians got off to an 8-3 start in July before the ALL Star break. But its what they have done since the all star break that has everyone talking. They have gone an unprecedented 16-2 and opened up a 17 game lead over the recently struggling Tigers in the AL Central. They have averaged over 8 runs a game since the all star break. The Indians have improved their record to a MLB best 75-38.

On July 23 the Indians traded Jensen Lewis to the Tampa Bay Rays for Scott Kazmir. The Rays have an abudent amount of young starting pitchers but needed the bullpen depth while the Indians have been looking for a consistent arm for that final spot in the rotation where multiple players have struggled all season.

**I will post a stats update later and a standings update. Please let me know what you think so far and if you have any advice.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »