Home

A Brave New World (Atlanta Braves 2010 Dynasty)

This is a discussion on A Brave New World (Atlanta Braves 2010 Dynasty) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2010, 04:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
A Brave New World (Atlanta Braves 2010 Dynasty)

The Atlanta Braves organization has released the following Press Release concerning the new ownership.

For Immediate Release

ATLANTA BRAVES HAVE NEW OWNER, NEW VISION
New Owner/General Manager Address Team And Media

Today, new owner Mr. Fluff will take full control of the Atlanta Braves organization. He has dismissed long time General Manager John Schuerholz. Mr. Fluff was quoted recently on this decision "I feel that although Mr. Schuerholz has done a wonderful job running this team for the past 20 years, it was time for some new blood. I feel that as an owner, it is my responsibility to take control of all aspects of management and Mr. Schuerholz just does not fit into my future plans for the team."

Mr. Fluff has decided to retain the services of manager Bobby Cox and his entire staff. "I feel that Bobby has spent enough time as the skipper of the Braves that he has the right to go out on his own terms."

With Spring Training beginning shortly, Mr. Fluff has no intentions of making any roster moves or trades. "I feel that I will need time to evaluate all players from the MLB roster on down to A-ball and will be waiting until the end of spring training to make any changes (if any) to the teams."

Spring Training begins within the next week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2010, 04:38 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: A Brave New World (Atlanta Braves 2010 Dynasty)

The Atlanta Braves took on the New York Mets on the first day of Spring Training.

The Braves could not keep up with the lefty Johan Santana. He gave up only 1 run in 3 innings pitched, striking out 4.

The only run he gave up was to Chipper Jones, who hit a bomb over the Right field wall in the top of the first. Video Highlight

Derek Lowe looked pretty solid in his 3 innings of work, giving up 3 runs, while striking out 6 batters.

Another bright spot was Eric Hinske, who homered in the 8th inning. He is looking to be a quality utility player off the bench. Video Highlight

Next up is another game with the Mets tomorrow, with Hanson set to go against the Met's Figueroa

MLB Scoreboard | Atlanta Braves (0-0) at New York Mets (0-0)
, 123456789RHE
Atlanta Braves100001010360
New York Mets30000020X510
WIN: Johan Santana (1-0) LOSS: Derek Lowe (0-1) SAVE: Fransisco Rodriguez (1)
Scoring Summary
ATLNYM
ATL1stJones Solo Home Run (1)10
NYM1stBeltran Single RBI11
NYM1stBeltran Scores On Wild Pitch12
NYM1stFrancouer Single RBI13
ATL6thPrado Double RBI23
NYM7thPagan Double RBI24
NYM7thDavis Single RBI25
ATL8thHinske Solo Home Run (1)35
Old 04-08-2010, 04:39 AM   #3
Rookie

It was a tough outing for Jair Jurrjens, as the Braves drop their second spring training game to the Mets.

Chipper Jones hit a monster 2 run homer in the second, which accounted for the entirety of the Braves offense. Jair Jurrjens struggled mightily on the mound, giving up 5 runs on 7 hits in 3 innings of tune up work.

On a brighter note, the Braves young pitchers pitched 5 innings of scoreless baseball, giving up a combined 2 hits and 7 strikeouts.

The battle for middle relief shows no sign of ending until the 25 man rosters are set at the end of Spring Training. Valdez, O'Flaherty, Hale, Lyman and Melden are all competing for reliever spots on the 25-man roster.

Tomorrow, the Braves go up against the Pittsburgh Pirates, with Tommy Hanson making his Spring Training Debut against Ross Ohlendorf.

Tune in at the end of the week, as we break down the position battles for the final 25-man roster!

MLB Scoreboard | New York Mets (1-0) at Atlanta Braves (0-1)
, 123456789RHE
New York Mets3200000016110
Atlanta Braves200000000250
WIN: John Maine LOSS: Jair Jurrjens
Old 04-09-2010, 03:59 AM   #4
Rookie

The Atlanta Braves secured its first win of Spring Training against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Tommy Hanson looked incredible through his first outing of the campaign, pitching a perfect 3 innings. This would be 5 innings of no hit ball for the Braves, until Derek Lowe came in to the game in the 6th to make his second appearance of the young preseason.

"Our pitching and bats all came together today," says manager Bobby Cox, "everyone looked real good out there. Its good to see the boys looking this good so early."

Chipper Jones continued his hot streak, hitting his third home run so far. Martin Prado also went yard.

Closer Billy Wagner picked up his first save in his first opportunity, striking out 2. "I felt good out there," Billy tells reporters after the game, "I know this isn't the regular season, but my arm feels great."

The Braves are now 1-2.

MLB Scoreboard | Pittsburgh Pirates (1-1) at Atlanta Braves (0-2)
March 5, 2010123456789RHE
Pittsburgh Pirates000003100441
Atlanta Braves22000100X5121
WIN: Tommy Hanson (1-0) LOSS: Ross Ohlendorf (0-1) SAVE: Billy Wagner (1)
Old 04-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
Rookie

As the Atlanta Braves head into the first weekend of Spring Training with a 1-3 Record as they drop a game to the Washington Nationals.

"We couldn't score runs, plain and simple," says manager Bobby Cox, "We would get them on base but couldn't get them moving. On the whole, however, we got some of our youngers guys a start."

Tim Hudson got the start, allowing only one ER in his 3 innings of work.

On the offensive side, the highlight of the day was new acquisition Troy Glaus teeing off for his first home run. Overall, he went 2-3 with a HR, 2 RBIs and a Run.

"I hope I can continue to provide a solid bat in the middle of the lineup," Troy tells the media after the game.

The Braves next 2 are against the Houston Astros, whom they will be playing in a double header tomorrow.

MLB Scoreboard | Washington Nationals (2-1) at Atlanta Braves (1-3)
March 5, 2010123456789RHE
Washington Nationals0100001103110
Atlanta Braves0000020002110
WIN: Jason Bergman (1-0) LOSS: David Hale (0-1) SAVE: Matt Capps (1)
Also on the Forums!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #6
Rookie

Braves come through both games with wins

Game 1:

MLB Scoreboard | Atlanta Braves (1-3) at Houston Astros (0-4)
March 7, 2010123456789RHE
Atlanta Braves000200100371
Houston Astros000000200291
WIN: Kenshin Kawakami (1-0) LOSS: Roy Oswalt (0-1) SAVE: Billy Wagner (2)

Game 2:

MLB Scoreboard | Houston Astros (0-5) at Atlanta Braves (2-3)
March 7, 2010123456789RHE
Houston Astros001000000171
Atlanta Braves00110000X272
WIN: Derek Lowe (1-1) LOSS: Wandy Rodriguez (0-1) SAVE: Billy Wagner (3)
Also on the Forums!
Old 04-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #7
Rookie

In this feature, we will highlight some of the position battles going on throughout Spring Training.

Left Field:

Matt Diaz

Stats:
Bats: Right, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 1", Weight: 215 lb.

VS

Melky Cabrera

Stats:
Bats: Both, Throws: Left
Height: 6' 0", Weight: 200 lb.

So far, neither player has really shined through the first week of training. Both have 11 plate appearances, with Diaz batting .273/.333/.364 while Cabrera is batting .182/.308/.273.

This small sample size is just not enough for manager Bobby Cox to make a decision: "We can't just make a decision based on these early numbers. We got to look at past performance and take age into account as well."

While on paper it looks like Diaz is a greater offensive threat, Cabrera is much younger and looks to be on the rise. His numbers were pretty steady over the past three years, while Diaz has pretty much leveled off and will probably start his decline over the season.

So will the Braves go for experience or youth? We won't know until the first pitch on opening day. However, we will be the first to bring you the decision when it does happen.
Also on the Forums!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »