Home

Legends of Lansdowne - The Boston Red Sox

This is a discussion on Legends of Lansdowne - The Boston Red Sox within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2011, 09:25 AM   #9
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Legends of Lansdowne - The Boston Red Sox

Legendary Fenway Park

Fenway Park is a baseball park near Kenmore Square in Boston, Massachusetts. Located at 4 Yawkey Way, it has served as the home ballpark of the Boston Red Sox baseball club since it opened in 1912, and is the oldest Major League Baseball stadium currently in use. It is the only one of the original standard ballparks that is still in use. Considered to be one of the best-known sports venues in the world, it became the oldest venue used by a professional sports team in the United States in 1990 when Comiskey Park was demolished.
Credit Wikipedia

View from the Legends Box

Fenway Park - 1914

Fenway Park during the 1914 World Series

Fenways Right Field Grandstand Seats

Fenway facing Yawkey Way

Aerial View

More on Fenway Park: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenway_Park
Old 03-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #10
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

"Welcome back to the Morning Jab. We're taking your calls about the upcoming Red Sox season. Here's Timothy."

"Hey guys, couple of quick questions. The first one is you you think Jon Lester will compete for the AL Cy Young? And how do you think Carl Crawford play in Boston? Thanks."

"Well sure, I think Lester could be on the short list of guys expected to compete. Obviously they don't hand those out until the end of the season but yes, he has a chance. As far as Crawford I would have to think that his numbers will only get better in Fenway. He home runs, the RBIs they should all improve. He has said he expects to compete for the batting title. Next caller is Osravensterps."

"Hey guys. I was wondering, do you think that with all the hype and buzz around the team it could just be too much for the team?"

"Well we've certainly seen it before. When the Lakers added Malone and Payton they were expected to win it all and we saw what happened there. I think in this situation things are a little different. You've got a core that has been there in 07 and they probably would have gone deep into the playoffs if they didn't have such and overwhelming number of injuries. So yes you're adding stars but you aren't asking them to change the attitude of the team and take them from worst to first. There is certainly a lot of pressure and expectations are very high. One more caller before the break... Nash you're on."

"Thanks guys. What are some of your expectations for the season?"

"Well, just like any other Sox fan we expect this team to get to the World Series. With the rotation that's in place and the offensive lineup I just don't see anyone aside from maybe the Phillies beating this team in a seven game series. We're up against the break, we'll be back."
Old 03-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #11
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

BZZZT BZZZT BZZZT!!

I reached over and slapped the alarm harder than needed. As I sat up and swung my legs off the bed I tried to isolate where all the cracks and pops were coming from, but I gave up. 'Why am I still doing this? I sound like ****ing Rice Krispies.' I thought to myself. This is the hardest it's ever been for me to move. I started to second guess my decision to keep playing. I shook the thoughts from my head and got ready to head to Fort Myers.

On my way to the field I started thinking about where I fit in the Red Sox system. I knew it would be unrealistic to expect to make the big league squad. As far as AA or AAA it doesn't make much difference anymore. I feel like I'm in a position where I will be a back up on either minor league squad with the team wanting to get Exposito and Lavarnway as much time behind the plate as possible. However, if there's an injury at the Major League level I would be the one to fill in based on experience. I snapped out of it as I turned into the parking lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #12
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Andy O'Malley and a group of his friends have gathered at Boston beer works, across from Fenway. Andy and his friend Steve are debating the Sox chances in 2011.

Andy: "Man you're ****in crazy if you don't think they're gonna win 100."
Steve: "They're gonna struggle against lefties and I don't think they're pitching is as good as everyone thinks."
"100 wins, biggest gap from 1st to 2nd in the division and we roll through the playoffs."
"If they do go to the series and they run into Philly I'll take Philly."
"**** you."
Sarah: "You're both wrong, Royals are goin' all the way."

The group laughs and orders another round.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #13
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OK, we've met most of the people we will be hearing from as we follow the Sox through 2011. There may or may not be some added as we go through the season. From now until the game comes out (March 8th) I will be filling in some background on the people above and posting some historic moments from Boston's past. As always questions, comments and observations are welcome and encouraged.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #14
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Last edited by djp73; 03-05-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #15
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

28 years. I've been catching for 28 years. Most of the guys here weren't even alive when I first started catching. I started catching in Little League at 8 years old and I never stopped. Now I'm 36 and I can't help but wonder how I would feel if I had ended up at a less strenuous position.

"Billy! Hey Billy!"
"Yeah what's up?" It was Jason Varitek.
"Wanna hit the cage for a bit after practice?"
"Yeah man for sure."

Other times when I had come onto a new team the catchers would sometimes act like I was invading there territory and made it seem like they didn't want me there. Varitek was the first one to welcome me and had been my closest friend in the organization. I think with our ages being so close and both of us playing catcher all our careers we had a lot in common.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #16
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Last edited by djp73; 03-05-2011 at 07:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »