Home

The Giants never left New York! - MLB 10 The Show

This is a discussion on The Giants never left New York! - MLB 10 The Show within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2011, 12:25 AM   #17
Rookie

Jeffster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The Giants never left New York! - MLB 10 The Show

Giants Chronicles -- vs Senators - May 25-27

Game 1 - Paul Byrd (1-5, 4.42) vs. Jake Peavy (3-2, 2.87)

Final score: Senators 7, Giants 6.

Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVahEsJ-Bd4

Game 2 - R. A. Dickey (2-5, 6.71) vs. Kevin Slowey (2-3, 5.29)

Final score: Giants 8, Senators 3

Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSmvbv9fli4

Game 3 - Jered Weaver (8-1, 3.16) vs. Gil Meche (3-4, 6.55)

Final score: Giants 8, Senators 7

Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYqXzRujx64

Series result: Giants 2, Senators 1.

Record after series: 22-24

Up next - The new-look Diamondbacks come to town with their new guy, Albert something…
Old 03-25-2011, 12:41 AM   #18
Rookie

Jeffster's Arena

Giants Chronicles -- vs Diamondbacks May 28-30, 2010

Game 1 - Ervin Santana (1-1, 4.09) vs Jason Marquis (4-1, 3.09)

Well, I adjusted a few sliders in the hitting areas before this game, as I thought the games had been a little too high scoring (and too many hits by both teams) and I guess I got what I asked for as we got shutout for the first time this season!

Nick Swisher did extend his hitting streak to 17 games, and Ervin Santana had a strong outing despite getting the loss.

Final score: Diamondbacks 2, Giants 0.

Highlights: Giants vs Diamondbacks Game 1 5-28-10

Game 2 - Rich Hill (2-6, 7.84) vs. Todd Wellemeyer (4-2, 3.61)

I figured having my starter with the highest ERA on the mound might test my little slider changes, and…well, this game was more like the previous games than yesterday's shutout. But that's okay, as this might have been my favorite game I've played on The Show yet. It was another wild one in the Polo Grounds with a lot of hits, runs, lead changes, wild pitches, strategic moves, and plenty of drama.

And just when it looked like all hope was lost, with one out and down a run in the bottom of the ninth, I pulled off something I hadn't done before. Back to back home runs to win it, as Marlon Byrd and Jim Thome both blasted the ball deep and Thome's was the game-winner. The highlights are fun to watch but this one I really wish I had been able to record the whole game because it was an instant classic. I don't know how the next one will be able to compare, but we'll see.

Oh, and by the way, Nick Swisher and Ramon Vasquez both extended their hitting streaks, to 18 and 12 games respectively. Marlon Byrd continues to lead the NL in hitting, and he moved into the lead in RBI as he got 4 in this game and is now up to 49 on the season, one more than Curtis Granderson of the Phillies. Gerald Laird had 4 hits also, including his league-leading 4th triple.

Final score: Giants 9, Diamondbacks 8.

Highlights: Giants vs Diamondbacks Game 2 5-29-10

Game 3 - Gio Gonzalez (2-3, 5.37) vs. Aaron Cook (0-3, 2.24)

Final score: Diamondbacks 3, Giants 1.

Highlights: Giants vs Diamondbacks Game 3 5-30-10

Series result: Diamondbacks 2, Giants 1.

Record after series: 23-26.

Up next - The Rockies make their second visit to the Polo Grounds.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:58 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can u post each players stats please? or atleast who is leading in each category.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #20
Rookie

Jeffster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMPLiCaTioN
Can u post each players stats please? or atleast who is leading in each category.
Do you mean each of the Giants players? Or the League leaders?

I'll have a big leaderboard update coming up when I get to the all-star break with my posting, I took a bunch of screenshots.

I can tell you that Marlon Byrd has led the NL in batting average pretty much the entire season so far, hitting over .400 (although it has been slowly inching downward since his 37 game hitting streak was snapped.)

Gerald Laird, Brett Gardner, and Nick Swisher have also been hitting over .300. Marlon Byrd is also the team leader in home runs, with Laird second and Swisher third. Byrd's pretty much the team leader in all offensive categories.

Brett Gardner leads the team (and the league) in stolen bases with Nick Punto a distant second on the team.

Jared Weaver has been the ace of the pitching staff, although just recently (in early July) Ervin Santana actually passed him for a lower ERA.

I'll have more updates to stats when I get caught up with what I've already played. Stay tuned! Thanks for your question!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »