Home

Black And Orange...Taking Over AL East

This is a discussion on Black And Orange...Taking Over AL East within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
Black And Orange...Taking Over AL East

I ve decided to start an Orioles franchise. I will be playing on All-Star Zone Hitting and All-Star Analog Pitching. I will play most if not all of 162 games. Im using Knight's Rosters, the 1st version, plus TNK & PsychoBulk ***The Perfect Slider Set 2011 Edition***, and Analog Fielding.

I also will be putting the players such as Wainwright, Bay, Utley, Brian Wilson, Bailey, etc on the MLB squads.

I most likely will not be updating game by game most likely by series, but then again I might do game by game on some occasions.

Thanks to Chris015, I believe thats who created him, I have imported Barry Bonds and then released him to free agency. Since I am controlling all 30, and looking thru teams transactions and DL once a week, if need be and the situation is right, I might put Bonds on a team, maybe even mine if I need a replacement and have to go thru free agency.

To start off I will have trades to manually and then around middle to end of June I will turn to trades to CPU so no trades happen in April because well, its my franchise and thats how Im running it dammit!!! LOL.

I'll be simming Spring Training, giving and a quick recap of my team. And then start the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Black And Orange...Taking Over AL East

According to sources, like many have speculated, Barry Bonds intends on returning to baseball, but no team has shown interest in the homerun king. He is automatically in the free agent pool along with others but look for a team to at some point be in need of his services.

We spoke to Pedro Gomez who has covered the Bay Area for most of Bonds playing career there. This is what Gomez had to say.

"With Bonds announcing his return to baseball, this raises alot of question around the baseball world. You would have to think that Bonds can still play, but where? and when? Spring Training is set to start and being away for 3 years will have some effect on his game. The Yankees are always looking for somebody but would Bonds fit in NY, where the media scrutinizes everything? Or would he sign with a National league team and be forced to only pinch hitting? My guess is somebody will sign Bonds and only time will tell."
Old 04-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
MVP

As Spring Training is nearing the end, the Baltimore Orioles are just about set to start the season.

Zach Britton has had a good Spring training who most thought he might make the ML but according to team sources he will be starting in AAA. he posted a 2.08 ERA, and went 1-1. Britton is definetly excited about this year. "Im so ready to play, I felt like had a good spring. I've been learning alot and I enjoyed talking to Buck Showalter and taken all the advice he has given me."

Newcomer but a true veteran, Vladimir Guerrero, has had a slow start to this Spring and finished with an even .200 BA, but most players around the clubhouse are enjoying his presence and that alone might be a jump starter to the O's lineup.

More questions surround the O's pitching staff. The starting rotation will have to find a way to keep them in games. Guthrie will get the Opening Day nod.

Around the League

-The phillies have announced that Dominic brown has made the team and for now will play the bench.

-The A's and Cardinals had the best spring pitching wise with ERA's around the 2.80 mark.

-Mets OF Jason Bay had an outstanding spring, they will be looking for him contribute nicely as long as he stays healthy.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
MVP

Orioles Roster

1B-Derek Lee - Jake fox
2B-Brian Roberts
SS-JJ Hardy - Cesar Izturis
3B-Mark Reynolds
LF-Luke Scott - Felix Pie
CF-Adam jones
RF-Vladimir Guerrero - Nick Markakis