Home

The "NATURAL" JP Jordan - RTTS MLB 09

This is a discussion on The "NATURAL" JP Jordan - RTTS MLB 09 within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
Rookie

JohnnyP1119's Arena

OVR: 2
The "NATURAL" JP Jordan - RTTS MLB 09

He came out of nowhere...
Quote:
"He didn't even play organized ball until he was 16. It wasn't because he didn't love the sport because he did, he used to know more stats than I did when he was 12." - Father of JP Jordan
This is the story of JP Jordan, an 18 year old who very well might be a "NATURAL." From the very beginning, JP Jordan loved sports but he never played little league baseball. After getting a black belt in Tae-Know-Do at the age of 16, Jordan was interested in giving baseball a shot.
Quote:
"It was just an unreal journey...I mean when I showed up for tryouts (on the high school baseball team) some of the kids thought it was a joke." - JP Jordan
On those three winter days in 2007, Jordan tried out for his high school team, the Sabers. He knew it would be virtually impossible to come right in and make the team with the competition, but with hard effort and good fundamentals, Jordan was 1 of the 20 players to make the team.

After a couple star players got in serious trouble a couple weeks before the start of the season, the Sabers needed some help...and that's when Jordan was called upon to become the new starting left fielder for the Varsity squad.

JP Jordan stepped onto the field one March evening and that 1 night created a new chapter for the history of American baseball. On that night, Jordan hit a massive home run to start the game, and a walk-off home run to win the game, with 2 doubles and a single in between.
Quote:
"In my years of coaching, I never seen someone just decide they want to play and then play at the level of a future major leaguer." - Steve Anderson, Sabers Manager
Quote:
"I feel like he can bunt the ball out of the park." (referring to Jordan's power) - Jason Briggs, Jordan's teammate
What started as just wanting to play for the love of the game turned into a serious debate of a future major-leaguer. In his 20 games as a junior, Jordan hit .470, including a hit in every game with 11 doubles, 7 HR's, and 33 RBI's. His senior year...well let's just say INSANE!!!

Jordan's hit .573 in his senior year with 51 hits, 17 doubles, and 15 HR's totaling a ridiculous 46 RBI's in a 20-game season. All of these totals shattered the single-season high school records for the Sabers, and Jordan was starting to gain recognition as a top player in the World.

From scouts to analysts to having an article in Sports Illustrated, Jordan graduated high school and was on his way to the 2008 MLB Draft.

Last edited by JohnnyP1119; 07-26-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
Rookie

JohnnyP1119's Arena

Re: The "NATURAL" JP Jordan - RTTS MLB 09

2008 MLB Draft (June 5th and 6th)

"With the 23rd pick in the Major League Baseball first year player draft, the San Diego Padres select...
JP Jordan
, Outfielder from Main High School in New York."

Player Bio
Name: JP Jordan
Height: 5'9
Weight: 195lbs.
--
#3/LF
Starting Attributes

Contact vs LHP = 45
Contact vs RHP = 45
Bunting = 10
Drag Bunting = 0
Clutch = 30
Vision = 35
Discipline= 35
Durability = 35
Speed = 30
Base-Running = 15
Aggressiveness = 0
Arm Strength = 50
Accuracy = 45
Fielding = 35
Reaction = 30

Quote:
"We are very excited to have JP (Jordan) as a member of the Padres organization, we feel he can be the face of this franchise for years to come." - Kevin Towers, Padres GM
----------
After being drafted by the Padres with the #23 pick, Jordan played in the Arizona Summer League, posting excellent numbers all around the board.

During that stint, a contract signing took place and JP Jordan was an official member of the San Diego Padres organization signing for $171,000 over 4 years.

Plans are for Jordan to participate in Spring Training in 2009 and become a member of the Padres Double-A affiliate, San Antonio Missions.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE OF "THE NATURAL"

Last edited by JohnnyP1119; 07-26-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
Rookie

JohnnyP1119's Arena

2009 Spring Training

San Diego Padres Official Website
Quote:
Jordan shines in Spring Training

April 1st, 2009 -
The 1st-round draft pick for the San Diego Padres, JP Jordan, has been a bright spot in spring training. The Padres all around looked good as they went 19-16 in the Cactus League, and are hoping to improve on last year's last place 63-99 finish in the NL West.

The aforementioned Jordan turned some heads as the 18-year old just missed hitting at a .300 clip and displayed some power with three home runs and a few doubles. The young gun has been described as "energetic" and "impressive" around the organization and Padres manager, Bud Black, sees Jordan as a future star.

"He (Jordan) just looks so comfortable up there (at the plate) and is extremely talented. He plays hard, he works hard, and he has all the tools to become an excellent player in this league."

The outfielder was drafted out of high school in New York with the 23rd pick in the 2008 MLB Draft and will be playing in Double-A San Antonio to begin the season.

2009 Spring Training Statistics
(33 Games, OF)

.299, 3 HR, 11 RBI
29 Hits - 4 2B's
6 BB - 25 K's
.324 OBP
.433 SLUG
.757 OPS

Quote:
(Minor League Updates will be monthly recaps...once I hit the majors,
it will be series recaps detailing every game.)
Thanks for reading!!!

Last edited by JohnnyP1119; 07-28-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
Rookie

JohnnyP1119's Arena

April 2009 (AA - San Antonio)

JP Jordan Statistics (Thru 4/31)

#3/LF
15 Games
.383, 0 HR, 12 RBI
18 Hits - 1 3B
1 BB - 0 K's
.396 OBP
.426 SLUG
.821 OPS
.957 FLD
.400 vs RHP, .286 vs LHP, .588 w/ RISP
Quote:
"JP has done an excellent job in his first month at AA San Antonio. We would like to see some more extra-base power and some more walks, although he hasn't struck out once, which is insane. He seems to always put the ball in play and its a rarity that you we see a swing and miss." - San Antonio Missions GM

From the journal of JP Jordan
:
Quote:
I'm really pumped after my first month as a major...err...minor league player. I kind of wished I hit a few bombs this month but .383 and 12 RBI's...who can stop me?...well coach can. I need to talk to him about becoming a starter because I almost have an RBI a game. You put me out there for all 100-something games and that's the production you will get.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »