Home

The Greatest Team Tournament (OOTP 12)

This is a discussion on The Greatest Team Tournament (OOTP 12) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Greatest Team Tournament (OOTP 12)

Hey, and thanks for stopping by and taking a look at this dynasty. The basic concept is that I take the 32 greatest teams in baseball history (decided by the baseball guru website) and play them in a knockout tournament, recording individual player stats along the way, to find the greatest baseball team of all time. The teams selected are not perfect, I am aware of this. However, I wanted teams that were decided scientifically as the best 32, so that this tournament will really determine the team that is the best. I will be using OOTP 12 to simulate the games and will be using the following format; the first round will be a one game shootout (probably providing some upsets), the second round a 3 game series, the quarter finals a 5 gamer, with the semi-finals and final being 7 game marathons. Without further ado, here are the first round fixtures;

I also decided to post the first game alongside this update, so here is the opening matchup between the top seeded 1906 Chicago Cubs and the bottom seeded 1995 Cleveland Indians, surely the outcome is pretty much pre determined as Cleveland travel to Chicago to face the team with the greatest winning percentage of all time? Click the spoiler to find out.

Spoiler

I hope you enjoyed reading, tune in next time for the Red Sox-Yankees game, thanks for stopping by and any advice and criticism would be greatly encouraged and appreciated. Thankyou.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »