Home

MLB 13 The Show: Reds Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show: Reds Dynasty within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #49
Rookie

NightHawkTH's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 13 The Show: Reds Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fiddy
First off I would just like to say this is where the real dynasty franchise threads are !! Could never find just The Show and just read the season franchise progress thread. I really enjoy following teams as I am part of a 3 user franchise and try to hype it up and keep it interesting as possible.

The Reds are one of my favorite teams but Im a Cardinal fan and live in the StL so I can't root for them but I'm the biggest Jay Bruce fan. I forgive Cueto for wht he did but we didnt forget lol.

Who is the power lefty rp that looked like he was going to replace chapman A's he went to the rotation ??
So Billy Hamilton doesn't get the #1 OF bench spot ??

Those early losses to the Indians heat up that in state rivalry.
Thanks for following. I love doing this stuff and love following other people's threads. Just makes the game that much better for me. I am a Dodger fan and honestly picked a random team to start a franchise with, not knowing much about their minor league system, but I have always loved Jay Bruce and his bat. He is going to remain an all-star for years to come.

Early in Spring Training when I was trying to figure out where to put Chapman whether in be in the rotation or bullpen, I thought about how good the Reds bullpen was last year and that maybe Chapman could start and Broxton could close with the addition of J.J. Hoover to the bullpen, who I really like. They also have a good lefty in Sean Marshall. Chapman pitched great this spring, but I decided that he would be much better off as our closer for at least one more year because our rotation is pretty strong, even with Mike Leake as the #5 starter. So to answer your question, Marshall would be the lefty that replaced him, not close to as powerful but effective, and J.J. Hoover would take a MRP spot.

Billy Hamilton had a decent spring, but I ultimately decided that he needs to play every day. I don't want him playing once every 3 days if that was the case. That being said, Denis Phipps and Xavier Paul both hit really well and will split time as backup outfielder based on pitching matchups (Paul is a lefty, Phipps a righty). I want Hamilton to develop more in AAA ball this year and maybe he will get a call up mid season or something, but he needs to get at bats right now. Don't want him to end up like Dee Gordon for the Dodgers who got called up too early and couldn't handle big league pitching, now he's back in AAA.

Yeah the Indians were tough. Swisher has a nice bat, but we know who will take that rivalry this year
Old 03-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #50
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

OVR: 0

Jj Hoover is the guy I was thinking of. Throws like 98 lefty. Where do they get these guys ???? Lol jk. I feel the same way with players. Even if they are starter in MLB they can't sit on my bench.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #51
Rookie

NightHawkTH's Arena

Quote:
Jj Hoover is the guy I was thinking of. Throws like 98 lefty. Where do they get these guys ???? Lol jk. I feel the same way with players. Even if they are starter in MLB they can't sit on my bench.
Yeah Hoover throws hard. I'm at the point in Spring training to make first cuts. I''ll do a write up on those in a bit. I basically have 3 closers in my bullpen (Chapman, Broxton, Hoover) lol. That's a bit intimidating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #52
Rookie

NightHawkTH's Arena

OFFENSE BACKS BAILEY'S 4 HITLESS INNINGS IN ROUTE OF BREWERS

Phoenix, AZ -- Reds starter Homer Bailey looked like he was in midseason form as he tossed 4 innings on no hit baseball. The Reds offense backed Bailey's gem with an 8 run game led by shortstop Zack Coazart's solo home run. We caught up with Bailey after the game. When asked about his performance, Homer said "I'm just excited to start the season. I went out there with a season game mindset and just focused on locating my pitches and was able to set down some good hitters". Bailey is scheduled to make 2 more starts before opening day.

Reds turned things around from last game when they couldn't find much offense. They got things going in the first inning on an RBI single by 3rd baseman Todd Frazier after Denis Phipps and Joey Votto got base hits in their at bats. Frazier has been struggling at the plate this spring but came through with a big RBI here.

The game would turn into a pitching battle from there as Homer Bailey and Brewers starter Wily Peralta both pitched very effective games. Both teams would get a run in the 6th inning. The Reds' run came on the 415 ft solo home run by Cozart off of Milwaukee reliever Yovani Gallardo. The home run was Cozart's 1st of the spring. The Brewers got one back in the bottom half when Ryan Braun hit a RBI single to left field, scoring Rickie Weeks who tripled to deep center with 2 outs in the inning.

The Reds scoring outburst would come in the next 3 innings as they scored 2 runs in the 7th, 8th, and 9th. In the 7th, with the bases loaded and 2 outs, Xavier Paul was able to score on a wild pitch, advancing all runners up a base. The next batter, Phipps, hit a come back single up the middle to score Cesar Izturis. Corky Miller was out on the play trying to score.

In the 8th, Cincinnati was able to load the bases again, and thanks to some sloppy play by the Brewers' defense, they scored 2 more runs. With the bases loaded and 1 out, Neftali Soto scored on a throwing error by catcher Jean Segura. all runners advanced on the error. The next batter, Derrick Robinson, hit a sac fly to left field to score Ryan LaMarre.

The offense continued in the 9th as the Reds drove in 2 more runs. With runners on first and third with no outs, Billy Hamilton beat out a double play to score Miller. Later in the inning, Ryan LaMarre hit a RBI single to left to score Hamilton from 2nd.

This game marked the last game before first cuts for the Reds as they will send some players back to the minors where they will begin the season in 2 weeks.

Notable Performers
Zack Cozart: 1-3, HR, RBI
Homer Bailey: 4.0 IP, 0 H, 3 K

Spoiler

Spoiler

The Reds take the next 4 days off as the return to action March 21st against the Oakland Athletics at Goodyear Park. Cincinnati gets Brandon Phillips back for WBC play after team USA was eliminated. He looks to finish the spring off strong as opening day inches closer, just 9 more games.

Projected Starters: Johnny Cueto (1-0) vs Tom Milone (2-0)

Spoiler
Old 03-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #53
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Hoover is a righty, but a strikeout machine none-the-less!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #54
Rookie

NightHawkTH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrulenc
Hoover is a righty, but a strikeout machine none-the-less!
Exactly. throws hard and tough to hit.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #55
MVP

kc2135's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm loving Hoover in my dynasty, he has some heat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #56
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

OVR: 0