Home

Sports City, USA

This is a discussion on Sports City, USA within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2013, 02:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Sports City, USA

I need some help in picking a city for my Sports City, USA franchise explained here :

Sports City, USA

I wanted to make a thread in the baseball forum as well since that's how I'll be starting this whole thing, and since baseball is my priority with all of this.

The idea is a franchise for every major sport in one city. As I mentioned in the initial thread, this will not have individual game stats, but weekly and monthly recaps, stories, leaders, standings, etc. It would simply be too much to take on, especially since there will be some simming involved.

The only rules for picking a city are : No DC, LA, NY or Chicago. No city that is split between multiple teams in the same sport (Columbus, OH people are split between Indians and Reds fans. This doesn't apply to NCAAFB). Also, a city that falls one major sport short is still an option, since I can do a be-a-pro style with that one (for example, a local phenom kid in the NBA).

Your input is greatly appreciated! I want this to be as interactive as possible, so I want the city that will spark the most interest from the community. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
Legend

KHarmo88's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Sports City, USA

Pittsburgh

The Penguins - so much talent, so many great players. Easily a Stanley Cup favorite

The Steelers - such a classic franchise. Franchise quarterback. May be in a funk right now, but a lot of potential. Super Bowl return is only a few moves away.

The Pirates - a storied franchise. A historic drought. Andrew McCutchen leads a core of young players. Can you lead them back to the glory days?

The Panthers - a great coach in Jamie Dixon. Usually a solid core of good, not great players. A great fan base. Can you help them break their misfortunes in the NCAA tournament?

NBA - unfortunately, no franchise here. However, with the recent struggles of Pitt and the questioning of talent in western PA, can you be that diamond in the rough that makes it to the NBA?

There ya go... my reasonings for Pittsburgh
Old 03-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarmo88
Pittsburgh
Being an hour outside of Philly, that would be a tough pill to swallow. The teams work out well, though. NBA is the one league that I don't mind going without. It would be easy to do a color scheme for the whole thing, though, given that it's the only city with teams that all wear the same colors (that I can think of).

Thanks for the suggestion, I like it!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

OVR: 8

Cincinnati could use a pro hockey team, or NBA team..
Old 04-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
Banned

Bronx Bomber03's Arena

OVR: 0
Denver is a good one.

Rockies
Nuggets
Avalanche
Broncos

You could do U of Colorado but they are in Boulder

Sent via Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #6
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9

Atlanta:
Braves - Young, talented, playoff-caliber team. Lots of power and good starting pitching. One of the best (if not THE best) bullpen in the game.
Falcons - Talented offensive football team with Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Stephen Jackson, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez.
Hawks - Young and talented with plenty of CAP room after 2013 to add one, possibly two max contracts
UGA - SEC contender. Solid recruiting base, and generally one of the Top 25 programs in the country. Balanced playbook.
Georgia Tech - ACC contender. Triple option offense if you like to run the ball. Plenty of tradition from the older days.

PSN: xNobleEaglex

Last edited by xNobleEaglex; 04-08-2013 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Added reasons
Old 04-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

Detroit! We have some of the most loyal fans throughout the world here. I mean come on, we've cheered for the Lions throughout half a century of being irrelevant.

Red wings - One of the all time top hockey clubs. Has had some of the best players to ever play. May possibly be going into a rebuilding process.

Tigers - One of the best teams in baseball today.

Lions - On the edge of being a competitor. Can you take them over the hump and make Detroit relevant in football again?

Pistons - IDK what to say here, they're... BAD. Can you rebuild this team that dominated the early-mid 2000's?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »