Home

One More Run: A Philadelphia Phillies Dynasty

This is a discussion on One More Run: A Philadelphia Phillies Dynasty within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #9
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: One More Run: A Philadelphia Phillies Dynasty

Monday April 1, 2013

Message Sent!

Ryan Howard's 4th inning grand slam officially spoiled opening day in Atlanta

Jimmy Rollins and Eric Kratz each homered in a six run first inning, Ryan Howard added a fourth inning grand slam, and Cole Hamels was just good enough as the visiting Phillies powered their way to an 11-5 blowout of the Atlanta Braves on opening day.
Picking up right where they left off following a hot spring, the Phillies bats went right to work on Braves starter Kris Medlen, tagging him for five runs on five hits before manager Fredi Gonzalez mercifully pulled him after just a third of an inning of work. The pitching change did little to stem the tide as the Phils continued to rake, with Kratz's solo homer being followed by an RBI double by John Mayberry in the 3rd and finally Howard's slam in the 4th which put the Phillies in front by the score of 11-2. To their credit the Braves continued to fight, getting solo homers from Evan Gattis, Freddie Freeman, and Chris Johnson but it was far too little and far to late to matter and round one of what's sure to be a knockdown drag out fight to the finish went to the Phils.
WP: Cole Hamels(1-0) LP: Kris Medlen(0-1) HR: Phi, Jimmy Rollins(1), Eric Kratz(1), Ryan Howard(1) Atl, Freddie Freeman(1), Evan Gattis(1), Chris Johnson(1)

News From Around The League

-Starter Stephen Strasburg allowed four hits and struck out 10 over eight scoreless innings to lead the Nats to a 5-1 win over Miami

-The Tigers Justin Verlander allowed a run on five hits and struck out nine over 8 strong to lead his club to a 6-1 win over the Twins

- SS Alexei Ramirez went 4 for 4 with two doubles, a homer, an RBI and three runs scored to help spark the White Sox to an 11-3 pounding of the visiting Royals

Today's Scoreboard

Attached Images
File Type: jpg scores1.jpg (121.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg scores2.jpg (111.4 KB, 24 views)
Old 04-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Sorry about the font don't know why it does that sometimes, I'm just gonna have to stick to the default.

Yeah, everytime I try and edit my posts, if I have used some kind of html or anything. It goes bonker for some reason. Especially when I have tables created.

I am liking what you are doing with this. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #11
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBMerling
Yeah, everytime I try and edit my posts, if I have used some kind of html or anything. It goes bonker for some reason. Especially when I have tables created.

I am liking what you are doing with this. Keep up the good work.
Thanks man, I'm still trying out different things so don't be surprised to see some changes as we go along, but after the first series against Atlanta(which I'll report on game by game) I'm going to switch over to a series by series format, recapping each game in the series in one post. I've used this method before and it works really well. As for the rest of the league, I'm thinking of doing a weekly write-up with each week's big stories, top performances, major injuries, things like that. Of course standings will be included and eventually statistics once they've accumulated some.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #12
All Star

orion523's Arena

Wednesday April 3, 2013

Phils Roll Again As Doc Wins 200th

Making history on the mound in Atlanta today, Phillies hurler Roy Halladay became the 112th pitcher in MLB history to win 200 games, allowing a run on seven hits while striking out six over seven solid innings to help lead the Phillies to an 11-2 massacre of the suddenly shell shocked Atlanta Braves. LF Domonic Brown and 1B Ryan Howard each homered to help lead a Philadelphia attack that chased starter Tim Hudson after just two and a third innings in which he allowed 8 runs(7 earned) on six hits and three walks, he also struck out four. During the game however the injury bug bit the Phillies hard, with Chase Utley, Laynce Nix, and Chad Durbin all having to leave the game at some point. Utley, who left the game after a late collision on a double play ball suffered a strained rib cage and will miss about two weeks. Both Nix and Durbin were still being evaluated and no prognosis was given.
WP: Roy Halladay(1-0) LP: Tim Hudson(0-1) HR: Phi, Ryan Howard(2), Domonic Brown(1)

Phillies Transactions

4/3/2013
3B Josh Fields cleared waivers and was assigned to AAA Lehigh Valley

CF Ender Inciarte cleared waivers and was assigned to AAA Lehigh Valley

Last edited by orion523; 04-19-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #13
All Star

orion523's Arena

Thursday April 4, 2013

Braves Avoid Sweep Thanks To Freeman's Homer In 9th

Not in the best of moods after two straight routs to start the season, the Braves got some measure of revenge tonight against the Phillies winning by the score of 5-4 following a dramatic 9th inning walk-off homer by 1B Freddie Freeman.
Trailing for most of the night, the Phillies battled back to tie the game at 4-4 on a three run homer by Jimmy Rollins in the 8th. Relievers Mike Adams and Eric O'Flaherty then traded 1-2-3 innings, setting the stage for Freeman, who didn't miss when Raul Valdes left a 1-2 change over the middle of the plate.
WP: Eric O'Flaherty(1-0) LP: Raul Valdes(0-1) HR: Atl, Freddie Freeman(2), Evan Gattis(2), Chris Johnson(2) Phi, Jimmy Rollins(2)

Phillies Transactions

4/4/2013

2B Chase Utley was placed on the 15 day DL with strained rib cage muscles

2B Cesar Hernandez was promoted from AAA Lehigh Valley to Philadelphia

Last edited by orion523; 04-19-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #14
All Star

orion523's Arena

Well, I may have jumped the gun a little here. Since I've started this dynasty there's been two patches released and the MLB roster set has been updated and refined, so instead of continuing on I'm going to end this right here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »