Home

A Royals Return to Prominence | MLB 13 The Show Franchise

This is a discussion on A Royals Return to Prominence | MLB 13 The Show Franchise within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
A Royals Return to Prominence | MLB 13 The Show Franchise

MLB 13 the Show
Difficulty - Veteran (for now)
Rosters - OS Roster v2

The plan is to play every single game. I am newer to this whole thing and this game so I am starting out on Vet but if I find that it is too easy I will change it up. Hope you enjoy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: A Royals Return to Prominence | MLB 13 The Show Franchise

Reserved for Roster
Old 05-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
Rookie

Kansas City Royals - Starters Depth Chart - 2013
  • Catcher
  • Salvador Perez
  • First Base
  • Billy Butler
  • Second Base
  • Jedd Gyorko
  • Third Base
  • Mike Moustakas
  • Shortstop
  • Alcides Escobar
  • Left Field
  • Alex Gordon
  • Center Field
  • Lorenzo Cain
  • Right Field
  • Christian Yelich
  • Starting Pitcher
  • James Shields
  • Felipe Paulino
  • Jeremy Guthrie
  • Wade Davis
  • Nathan Adcock
  • Relief Pitcher
  • Luke Hochevar
  • Juan Gutierrez
  • Tim Collins
  • Aaron Crow
  • Kelvin Herrera
  • Dan Wheeler
  • Closer
  • Greg Holland
  • Designated Hitter
  • Eric Hosmer

Last edited by CaptainWright; 05-07-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Dayton Moore Out, CW In

KANSAS CITY, MO - Just when you think that things are moving in one direction with the Royals franchise, something happens. This time it is the firing of General Manager Dayton Moore.

The Kansas City Royals announced today that they have relieved Dayton Moore of his duties as GM and replaced him with Captain Wright (CW) of the operationsports message board community. Moore was unreachable for comments.

"This is something we felt real strongly about" Royals owner David Glass said "Don't get me wrong we love the work that has been done here but we really just want to see what would happen bringing in someone completely new" he added.

CW has been a member of OperationSports for only about a month so his activity level is still unknown but he assures everyone that this is the real deal.

"I know there are going to be skeptics out there" CW said "I can assure you all though that I will be playing this every chance I get and will try my best to be as creative as I can" he added.

The one thing that we did learn about CW was that he doesn't really have any graphics background so it will probably be screen caps and OS tables but it should still be fun to follow.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #5
Rookie

CW Wasting No Time in Making Deals

Royals Trade For 9 of MLB Top 100

KANSAS CITY, MO - In no time to scope of this franchise has turned yet again. Not mortgaging their future for players that can help now, the Royals traded several veteran players which will ensure that they will be contenders for years to come.

In four separate deals, the Royals acquired nine of Major League Baseball's preseason top 100 prospects.

The first deal was with the San Diego Padres. The Royals were looking for a nice young second baseman and found who they were looking for in Jedd Gyorko. The Royals sent 29-year old Chris Getz to San Diego in exchange from the aforementioned Gyorko and rightfielder Rymer Liriano.

In the second deal the Royals were looking to not necessarily upgrade their pitching now but were looking at a deal to make it better for the future as well. In what can only be called the sucker deal of the day, the Royals sent journeyman pitcher Bruce Chen to the St. Louis Cardinals for pitchers Shelby Miller, Carlos Martinez, and Trevor Rosenthal.

"We just kept adding and they kept saying yes" CW said regarding the negotiations with the Cardinals. We aren't sure what the Cards saw in that deal but you can't hate the Royals for milking every last ounce out of them.

The third trade saw the Royals parting with outfielder Jeff Francouer sending him to the lowly Marlins for outfielders Christian Yelich and Jake Marisnick and pitcher Andrew Heaney. This is another move that doesn't improve the Royals now but should make things interesting in the next couple of years.

The fourth and final trade was the only one-for-one deal the Royals made and that was with the Seattle Mariners. The Mariners traded pitching prospect Danny Hultzen to the Royals for Ervin Santana.

"We like Santana but we like Hultzen more" CW said "We are going to be good, scary good soon" he added.

With these deals and Spring Training already in the rearview, the Royals will get to work in the opening series of the season against divisional foe the Chicago White Sox. Should be fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
Rookie

Kansas City Royals (0-0) vs Chicago White Sox (0-0)

Old 05-08-2013, 12:53 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

It's your franchise, but don't expect a lot of love from the boards here. Most prefer to follow a somewhat realistic franchise. Those trades were horrible. You took advantage of the CPU broken trade logic.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:35 AM   #8
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

wow ...I must agree Deuce...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »