Home

It's Raining in Seattle (A Dual M's and Rainiers Franchise) MLB13 The Show

This is a discussion on It's Raining in Seattle (A Dual M's and Rainiers Franchise) MLB13 The Show within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: It's Raining in Seattle (A Dual M's and Rainiers Franchise) MLB13 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I like the Sizemore addition. But 5 years? woah, that's a lot of contract for a guy who'd been hurt!

Also really liking the whole Sandberg angle to this 'chise.
I hope he works out, I agree on the 5 yr deal, but if it works out, I get a pretty good player at a cheap rate (1 mil per year) if it doesn't then I cut him loose, and eat the salary. I figure it's worth the risk.

As far as having Ryno on board, he was my favorite player growing up. Every day after school in elementary school, the lady whose house I stayed at until my parents got off work, would put on WGN and me and her grandson (my best friend) would watch the Cubs. Well they still lost a lot of games, at least they had fun players to watch (Dawson,Dunston,Ryno, Grace, Maddux, ect..) So yeah I guess that pretty much tells you I am in my late 30's.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

@

NEW PLAYERS MAKE IMPACT
Coming off a 4 game split with the Memphis Redbirds, the Rainiers played host to the Nashville Sound in a 4 game series at Statesman Park, with Vladdy Guerrero and Grady Sizemore making their debut in Game 1. Here is a recap of the series.

Game 1 Recap (Loss 3-4) *Played*

Grady went 1/4 with a run scored and played CF, Vladdy went 1/4 with a RBI as the DH. Catricala got the start in LF and went 2/4 with a RBI and M Zunino continues his hot hittinggoing 2/4 with a run scored and RBI to lead the Rainiers at the plate.

J. Paxton pitched okay, going 6 innings giving up 3 runs on 6 hits and 2 walks. He struck out 4, but did take the loss and is (1-5). Lafromboise pitched 1 1/3 scoreless giving up 1 hit, B. Moran pitched a scoreless 9th striking out 2.

Game 2 Recap (Win 15-5)

Sizemore continues to impress going 2/4 with a triple, a run scored and a RBI. Vladdy struggld going just 1/5, but didn't strikeout so at least he was hitting the ball.

The offensive star was Logan Watkins making the start at SS. He went 2/5 with his 1st TR HR and 5th of the season hitting a grandslam in the 3rd after the Rainiers put up 7 in the 2nd. N. Franklin also went deep (2-run shot) going 1/3 with 2 BB, 3 runs scored.

Other key players (S. Romero 2/3 2 RBI, A. Liddi 3/3 3 runs scored 1 RBI, J. Blash 2/4 2 runs scored 1 RBI)

A. Carraway picks up the "W" with all the run support. Carraway went 6 innings giving up 5 runs on 10 hits and 3 BB. (he is now 3-1 with a 5.49 ERA) Lafromboise pitched a scoreless 7th (now up to 33 innings) with 1 K, and D. Tapia pitched the 8th and 9th giving up 1 hit well striking out 2.

Game 3 Recap (Loss 1-4)

It was learned after yesterday's big win, that super utility man S. Romero broke his hand. He will be out for 3-4 weeks. Jack Marder was called up from AA. Marder (70 B), like Romero can play multiple positions. In fact he can play anywhere on the field minus pitching. So having him on the Tacoma bench will allow Ryno a lot of options.

As far as the game goes, 4 Nashville pitchers combined to allow just 1 run on 3 hits as the bats went ice cold after scoring 15 the day before. Hellweg picked up the win (4-1) and Leon picked up his 15th save.

For Tacoma, D. Hultzen took the loss going 5 innings giving up 4 runs (2 ER) on 6 hits and 2 BB. He struck out 6. (now 5-3 with a 2.28 ERA)

(Medina, Ruffin, Moran, Rusin) each pitched a inning of scoreless relief.

At the plate, G. Sizemore (0/4) and V. Guerrero 0/3 had their first poor outings. J. Marder made his debut starting in LF and went 1/2 with 2 BB, scoring the only run.

Game 4 Recap (Loss 2-9) *Played*

1-1 ball game through 5 innings, then the Sound went off. Their catcher (Coutler) hit a 3 run in the 6th, then in the 8th, 3B (Bianchi) hit a bases loaded double (finished 4/4 with 3 RBI) an in the 9th 1B (Morris) hit a 2 run shot.

For the Rainiers, Guerrero was 2/4 with 2 K's. Sizemore was 0/4 as they have back to back bad games. A. Liddi went 2/4 and raised his Avg to .279 as he looks to become the everyday 3B.

Zunino and Martinez had the 2 RBI's.

On the mound Tyler Thornburg stayed perfect (now 7-0 with a 2.86 ERA) as he goes 7 innings striking out 9.

For Tacoma, T. Walker falls to (1-2) going 5 2/3 giving up 4 runs on 6 hits well striking out 4. C. Rusin had a horrible outing out of the pen, going 1 2/3 giving up 5 runs on 4 hits and 2 BB.

UP NEXT TACOMA HITS THE ROAD FOR A 4 GAME SERIES IN RENO, BEFORE TAKING ON COLORADO SPRINGS IN A 4 GAME SERIES TO CLOSE OUT THE MONTH OF MAY. (THIS WILL BE THEIR 1ST TIME FACING THE SKY SOX THIS SEASON)

Old 05-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

@

BATTLE FOR 1ST IN THE NORTH

For most of the month, not more then a game has been the difference between these 2 teams as they battle for First place in the PCL North. After this 4 game series, nothing would change as they trade W's and L's splitting the 4 games. Here is a recap of the games.

Game 1 Recap (Loss 4-5)

The streak is over for Lafromboise. After 34 innings of not allowing a run, he gives up 1 run on 2 hits in the 8th inning. His ERA is now 0.26.

H. Noesi took the loss (1-3) giving up 4 runs on 11 hits and 2 BB in 5.0 innings. He did strike out 6.

At the plate F. Martinez hit his 1st HR of the year going 1/3, and scored twice. J. Marder was 1/3 with a run scored and his first AAA SB. Vlad Guerrero was 2/4 with 2 RBI. G. Sizemore took the day off.

Game 2 Recap (Win 7-3) *Played*

Franklin (solo), Zunino (3-run) and Catricala (2-run) all hit HR's. Vladdy went 3/4 with a run scored and is batting .375 since signing. Sizemore took the day off again with a LHP on the mound. F. Martinez started in CF an was 2/4 with a run scored.

J. Paxton went 8 innings giving up 3 runs on 6 hits and 2 BB. He struck out 9. He is now (2-5 and lowered his ERA to 4.85) Moran pitched the 9th in a non-save opt striking out the side. He now hold the longest scoreless inning streak with 16 innings without a run.

Game 3 Recap (Loss 2-7)

J Sucre continues to hit the ball every time he gets in the lineup, going 2/3 with 2 RBI. He is batting .413 on the season, causing rumors he could be called up to Seattle before Zunino. With Franklin on the bench as well, Logan Watkins took advantage of getting the start at 2B going 2/3 with a run scored. B Mills also could be forcing his name into consideration for a trip to "The Show" as he goes 2/4 and continues to lead the team in hitting (.344)

Grady Sizemore coming off 2 days off struggles going 0/4 and is batting .166 since signing.

On the mound, SP A. Carraway (3-2) goes 5 innings giving up 3 runs on 6 hits and 3 BB, well striking out 2. Y. Medina pitches the 6th giving up a 2-run HR. D. Tapia pitches the 8th and 9th also giving up a 2 run HR, as the Rainiers bullpen falters for one of the very few games this year.

Game 4 Recap (Win 8-5) *Played*

Day's off prove to be helpful for Franklin and Zunino (sounds like a law firm name) Both hit 2-run HR's to lead the offense. Sizemore breaks out of his slump going 2/4 with 2 RBI's as well, Vladdy hits a double off the wall going 1/4 with a run scored. Franklin and Sizemore also both pick SB's (Sizemore's 1st of the year)

D. Hultzen finally gets "W" #6 (6-3), going 6 1/3 giving up 5 runs on 6 hits and 4 BB. He struck out 8. Lafromboise goes 2/3 giving up 2 hits but no runs. B. Moran pitches a scoreless 9th striking out 2, well C. Smith pitches the 9th for his 12th save of the year

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #52
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
As far as having Ryno on board, he was my favorite player growing up. Every day after school in elementary school, the lady whose house I stayed at until my parents got off work, would put on WGN and me and her grandson (my best friend) would watch the Cubs. Well they still lost a lot of games, at least they had fun players to watch (Dawson,Dunston,Ryno, Grace, Maddux, ect..) So yeah I guess that pretty much tells you I am in my late 30's.
I hear you there, bro. We must be in the same generation because I have some of the same memories, only the lady in my story is the mother of my best friend, lol.

Those were some nice teams. Ryno is my all-time favorite too (though K-Wood is a close 2nd).
Old 05-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I hear you there, bro. We must be in the same generation because I have some of the same memories, only the lady in my story is the mother of my best friend, lol.

Those were some nice teams. Ryno is my all-time favorite too (though K-Wood is a close 2nd).

Got to love WGN. It's funny because my current best friend whom until last year, would make a yearly trip to Seattle for the opening 2 games at Safeco grew up in WA but was a huge M's and Braves fan because they watched TBS.

Because he is currently a high school softball coach the opening day at Seattle did work, but I am going over June 28th and 29th for the Cubs series. I figure this way I am happy no matter who wins. I just hope to see some great baseball.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

@

TACOMA FINISHES MAY ON A WINNING NOTE!!

The Rainiers entered the series coming off a split against Reno including a 8-5 win the night before. However the bus drive from Reno to Colorado Springs didn't seem to sit well with some players as the Rainiers drop the the opener and game 2 before rebounding to win games 3 and 4. Here is a recap of the games.

Game 1 Recap (Loss 5-6) *Played*

Tacoma led 5-2 until the 7th when Walker ran out of gas. Tajuan would never record a out in the 7th giving up 2 runs, before turning it over to Y. Medina who would promptly give up a 2 run double, as the Sky Sox took the lead. The Rainiers couldn't do anything in the 8th or 9th as they managed just 1 hit.

Walker's stat line was 6 innings 4 runs on 8 hits 3 BB with 3 K's.
Medina stat line was 1/3 with 1 hit 2 runs 1 BB 1 K
Lafromboise finished the 7th striking out 1, and Tapia pitched a scoreless 8th.

At the plate B. Mills hit his 9th HR a 3 run shot (leads the team) and J. Blash hit's his 3rd HR in AAA (11th on the year) going 2/4 with 2 RBI's.

Game 2 Recap (Loss 3-4)

Tried to make a game of it, scoring 2 in the 9th, but came up short. J. Marder went 2/4 starting at 1B to give Mills a day off, and picked up his first AAA SB. Vladdy went 2/4 with a RBI. Blash also went 2/4 with a RBI and has raising his avg up to .234.

Ryno
Quote:
It's good to see Blash swinging the bat better, I thought we might need to send him back to AA, to get him going again. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.

On the mound H. Noesi picks up the loss (1-4) going 5 2/3 giving up 3 runs on 6 hits.

Game 3 Recap (Win 8-4)

G. Sizmore hits his first HR in grand fashion (Grandslam) picking up 4 huge RBI's in the 5th. Guerrero also comes up big driving in 3 with a huge bases loaded double. N. Franklin and B. Miller each score twice. Franklin also picks up a RBI.

J. Paxton picks up the "W" (now 3-5 4.66 ERA) as he goes 7 2/3 giving up 4 runs (3 ER) on 8 hits. He struck out season high 10 batters.

Moran pitched the final 1 1/3 striking out 2 to keep his ERA at 0.00

Game 4 Recap (Win 8-4) *Played*

Back to back days with a HR from Sizemore as he hits a solo shot. N. Franklin goes 3/4 with a run scored, RBI and SB. He is batting .255 on the year though. M. Zunino comes up big after starting 0/4 he hits a 2 run double in the 8th to give the Rainiers the lead. A. Liddi follows it up with a 2 run double as well 1 batter later.

On the mound A. Carraway goes 6 innings giving up 4 runs (3 ER) on 6 hits and 2 BB striking out 4. B. Lafromboise picks up the win (5-0) with 2 scoreless innings striking out 3 (his ERA is 0.23). Smith pitched the 9th for his 13th save striking out 2.

With Reno getting swept by Las Vegas, Tacoma now is in 1st Place in the North by 1.5 games.

Standings, Stats, Team News, League News in the May Wrap up, coming up next..
Old 05-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

The draft is still 6 days away, but the front office of Jack Z (Seattle's GM), "The Deuce" Tacoma's GM as well as managers E. Wedge and R. Sandberg and numerous scouts have been scanning scouting reports and making phone calls to prospective draftees to gauge their interest in joining the Seattle organization. With the #12 pick, Seattle should be able to land a impact player either on the mound or at the plate.

With Pitchers J. Gray and M. Appell expected to go #1 and #2 and 3B K. Bryant and C. Morin gone in the Top-10, several outstanding OF's look to be on the M's radar. Most assume High school superstars A. Meadows and C. Fraizer will also be gone, but Seattle could have a tough time picking between Miss State's H. Renfroe, Stanford's A. Wilson or New Mexico's D.J. Peterson. Peterson seems to be the target as he plays both 1B and could even play some 3B, but both Pittsburgh picking at #9 and even Colorado picking at #3 or Minnesota at #4 could pick Peterson as their 1B of the future.

If the right bat is not available then most experts think the M's will go with the best SP available even though they already have a stable of young gun's at AA and AAA.

Stay tune for more draft coverage in the coming days...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 12:54 AM   #56
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

With the detail you put into your posts I wish you were doing a MLB team but this is still a nice read...risky signing on Grady ...looking forward to your next moves and finding out how you do with a AAA club

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »