Home

Moneyball 2: Electric Boogalo (OOTP 14)

This is a discussion on Moneyball 2: Electric Boogalo (OOTP 14) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #17
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Moneyball 2: Electric Boogalo (OOTP 14)

This should be entertaining to follow. I'd like to see an Oakland vs Tijuana World Series some day.

Also, lol at OOTP giving Ryan Flaherty those attributes.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

May 5th, 2014
Portland @ Oakland

Billy didn't show up at games. It gave him anxiety. He felt it was his duty to watch the first match versus Portland.
"Are we some sort of Posse?" stated Eric Kubota. Eric, Bruce and Billy Beane were underneath the stadium near the entrance to the Oakland dugout.
"Awful weird to see you on the field, Mr. Beane." Stated Bruce Bochy. The former Giants manager bought into the tall tale that Beane was bad mojo. "Don't want to get swept by our rivals. That'd be bad luck."
"Bruce, that would be the better team winning. Portland is a contender for the AL West Title. They are expected to lose 50 games. Our Otters? If we finish in 5th it'll be a miracle."
"If we finish in 5th we don't get a good draft pick. This is year one. This year, we need to lose."
"Billy, as long as you don't can me for it, I'll be a willing part of the team concept."
Bruce was forthright with Billy.
Billy knew it was part of the game. The esteemed general manager understood the value of bottoming out. He didn't want to pretend to compete.
Eric, who was a foot or two ahead of the general manager and manager, reached for the door to the clubhouse.
"Fancy seeing you here, Billy Beane. It's been a long time." The voice rang in Billy's ears like a telephone.
"J.P! It's been more than a fortnight since we last met."

Michael Myers as Portland Scouting Director J.P Riccardi.
J.P Riccardi was a close friend of Billy Beane. He was Billy's teammate on the Little Falls Mets. Billy later hired J.P. as Director of Player Development in Oakland.
"So what brings my old friend J.P. to O.co?" stated an enthused Billy Beane "if I knew you wanted Otters tickets I would have saved a suite for you!"
"Thanks for the offer Billy."
stated a candid J.P. Riccardi. "I happen to be here on business. Brand hired me as scouting director for the Athletics."
Billy was in shock. He wondered how J.P. could tolerate working for such a mockery of a team? Brand could be arrogant.
Riccardi, Beane's minor league bunkmate, was working for the hated rival Athletics. A hated rival with deep pockets and a vendetta to settle.
"Good luck in your new.. enterprise, J.P." Riccardilooked at Beane longingly.
"Good Luck, Billy. You'll need it."

Old 10-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #19
Rookie

**Enter Parking Lot outside O.co Coliseum**
**After the May 6th Portland @ Oakland game, around 11 PM**

The parking lot was empty. The players left long ago. Bruce was sitting, beer open, next to Portland ballcoach Bob Melvin.

Dean "Hank" Norris as Athletics Manager Bob Melvin
Bob Melvin opened up his cold beer."Bruce, you ever get tired of losing? You should go somewhere else."
"This pays the bills, Bob. It's good for character to take over a losing team."
"You sure they gonna keep you on board in Portland? Billy and Eric are no longer there."
"Bruce, I got word from the man himself I can play out my contract."
said the enthusiastic Melvin. Bob shotgunned the beer, squished the can, and threw it to the ground.
"Remember when you were coaching in San Francisco and I was manager of the Oakland A's? We had some good times after interleague games. We'd get dinner at a nice restaurant, drinks, and go to a private lounge afterwards. We had some fun times."
Bruce paused. He thought for a second on the consequences.
"I'm an old man, Melvin. Those days are gone now." Bruce picked up his beer cans and walked off into the night.
Bruce couldn't respect Portland's ballcoach. A real ball coach doesn't quit on his manager. A real ball coach has honor.
Bob Melvin wasn't a real ball coach.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #20
Rookie

**Oakland Otters vs. Portland Athletics, May 7th 2014.**
He walked up to his boss in a swift, startling manner. His teeth clenched shut like the San Madeas Fault. The batter was clearly upset with the call.
"Bruce, this is the big game, I'm leading the team in RBIs. I'm ready to play. Why'd you leave me off the lineup card?"

Mark Reynolds as himself
"Mark, you know the drill, we gotta keep you healthy. You can't play six or seven games in a row". Bruce Bochy had to ask himself if benching Mark constituted surrender. Ubaldo Jimenez, the entrenched starter, had an Earned Run Average above 5. The team was just drubbed 16-2 behind 2 homers from Portland Right Fielder Josh Reddick.
"I've been around the block a couple times. If you want to ease David into the starting role go ahead and do it." Reynolds grizzled determination in this statement was admirable. Bruce felt intimidated.
Stay focused, Mark. I need your full focus tonight in case a pinch-hitting opportunity arises. I know you can hit Brett pretty hard.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #21
Rookie

Billy Beane was nervously driving his large, red truck down a country road around 70. He was thinking of visiting his minor league team for a special ceremony.
Driving down the road Billy could hear the announcer shouting towards him...
"Game is tied, top of the sixth, Portland Catcher John Jaso at bat. Here's the offering from Ubaldo Jimenez. Jaso swings and fires one to deep left! Portland takes the lead"

Casey Bond reprises his role as Oakland Pitching Coach Chad Bradford
Billy was nerve shot. His cell phone rang. Billy couldn't pick it up. Sweat covered the executives face as if he was drinking from a whiskey flask of jack.
Billy Beane let his phone go to voicemail.
"Hey Billy, it's Chad. The staff and I have noticed considerable bad luck lately. We think your prescience at the game may solve our problems."

A rush of courage infused Billy Beanes brain. "Chad, I'm close to the county line, it'll be a rush but I can make it to see the last inning."
Chad was still on the line. "Billy, prophecies are self-fulfilling. You decided you were bad luck. You belong near the fans in the stadium. This is your team."
Chad Bradford was Mr. Beanes' chief confidant and pitching coach. Chad had spoken daily with Mr. Beane after Bradford retired in 2009. The Oakland pitching coach provided shelter from the storm pouring down on Billy's truck.
"I'll be there soon, Chad. Hold down the fort while I'm gone."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #22
Rookie

**O.co Stadium, May 7th. 8:45 PM.**
It was the bottom of the eighth. Billy had fulfilled his promise to Chad. He was stationed in the home dugout. He looked at the scoreboard. "Good, we're only down three runs, still in striking distance."
Sitting next to Billy Beane was an eager Mark Reynolds. "Billy, I thought you didn't watch live games?"
Mark was stunned to see Billy Beane so involved in clubhouse affairs. This was the first time the two interacted all season.
Brian Roberts stepped up to the plate. Brian was batting .365 on the season with 3 HRs and 12 RBIs. There were men on the corners.
"Hey, Chief, what do you think the chances are I get some burn?"
Billy, distracted by Marks' question, hears only the thwack of Brian Roberts' bat. He looks up in time to see a triumphant Chris V. Carter waltzing towards the dugout.
"Mark, I need you to come through for us. You bat for Ryan [Flahtery].
"Hey Kid"
Billy directed at pinch hitter Mark Reynolds "be patient".
Old 10-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #23
Rookie

**Bottom of the Eighth, O.Co Stadium"
This was the biggest at-bat of Reynolds career. Down by two, in the bottom of the eighth, a home run would seal the game.
Billy Beane's advice to "be patient" rushed through Reynolds' head. Mark Reynolds monitored the release of All-Star pitcher Brett Anderson. It's a slider. The pitch dives gracefully towards the edge of the strike zone.
"Ball One!" states the umpire. Bret Anderson winds up. Mark thinks "It's an off-speed pitch".He can't get the location. The all-star hurler had struggled with pitch location in the eighth inning. Mark pulls his bat back mid-stride.
"Ball Two!" shouts the umpire. Brett Anderson has a look of dismay on his face. "He must of have thought I went around" thought Mark.
Mark can tell the opposing pitcher pitch around the troublesome pinch-hitter. "He's tired too." thinks Mark. The next pitch had to be a fastball.
Brett Anderson was preparing to wind up. He threw the fastball, straight as an arrow, towards the upper left side of the plate.
*BOOM* was the sound of Marks' bat.
Billy watched the ball sail out of O.co. "I knew you could do it, kid. Just wait for your pitch."
"Bruce, I don't think this'll be enough. Let's tack on another run or two."
Chad Bradford was lingeringly a seat or two away from Billy Beane in the dugout.
"Billy, have faith in our closer. Let Mike Olmstead take the mound."

Old 10-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #24
Rookie

*Shot of Billy Beane's Sexy, Red Truck*
"Brandon Moss up. Oakland Closer Michael Olmstead winds up. Here comes the 2-2 pitch. Moss fouled off the last offering, a slider. Olmstead throws.. and Moss hits a deep fly, headed to left-center, it's carrying towards the warning track. Grady Sizemore running towards the ball, and Sizemore lays out and makes a terrific catch!" The announcer calms down.
A shady figure shambles towards Mr. Beane's Sexy, Red Truck. He reaches into his pocket for some foreign object.
"And the ballgame is over! The Otters have avoided the sweep! The O.Co coliseum is brimming with excitement! And now, for your player of the game!"
The figure smashes the windows out of the vacant car. The man unlocks the door and stumbles in. He uses his cat-like reflexes to silence the Car Alarm.
"I wish I could say Bruce Bochy due to his decision making. But our player of the game award goes to the prolific power hitter...
The radio shuts off.

Spoiler

Last edited by TheStraightGooch; 10-21-2013 at 10:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »