Home

The Omaha Warriors - A Diamond Dynasty (The Show 14|PS4)

This is a discussion on The Omaha Warriors - A Diamond Dynasty (The Show 14|PS4) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
Nyydus

Catch28's Arena

OVR: 6
The Omaha Warriors - A Diamond Dynasty (The Show 14|PS4)

This thread will be dedicated to chronicling the progress of my Diamond Dynasty team, the Omaha Warriors. After building one team, I have decided to start over fresh and detail the daily handling of my team. This is both for my benefit of having all of this information and for the benefit of others trying to learn the mode. I know that I made a lot of mistakes in my beginning and I still probably make a few too many management mistakes but it is a learning process.

Here are our starting uniforms:

Home:

Away:

Expect us to be very Oregon-esque in uniform color and combinations. I like to switch my jerseys up and I will try to keep a gallery of all of the uniforms that we use over time.

Last edited by Catch28; 06-22-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
Nyydus

Catch28's Arena

Re: The Omaha Warriors - A Diamond Dynasty (The Show 14|PS4)

Reserved for later use.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:52 AM   #3
Nyydus

Catch28's Arena

Reserved for later

Last edited by Catch28; 06-22-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:03 AM   #4
Nyydus

Catch28's Arena

Expectations:

The Team: I will be building towards using almost exclusively Dynasty players with some MLB subs and relievers. I feel that this is the best way to build a team. However, in the beginning, we will be using more MLB guys than we normally would in order to help build budget and develop our Dynasty guys.

Budgeting: I am going to be starting with exactly 0 budget. We will rely on game rewards and buying and selling players on the open market in order to gain more budget.

Gameplay: We will be playing exclusively competitively online. I get bored playing the computer and love the competition that playing others can bring. Things will be a little tough in the beginning but it is all a part of the experience.

Game Recaps: I will do my best on game recaps. There will be some full game reports and some reports that may cover a couple games and only contain box scores and key players from the game. This allows me some flexibility in my reporting. I will also try to post pictures and videos as frequently as I can, as that will allow you to better see some of the players that we will be using. Reports may be scattered as I work 50-60 hours a week and can only play when I have down time.

Series: In order to better keep track of current lineups and the status of players, we will be keeping track of how the team does in short 10 game series. We will keep track of the team record and post the most recent lineup before the start of the next series.

Goals: The ultimate goal for this team is to hopefully end up in the WS division at some point, though I do not know if my skill level is quite there yet. This will be good practice for me and hopefully we can work toward that future. I would also hope to be able to place a couple guys into the Hall of Fame at some point.

Secondary to those goals would be completing collections. These will allow me to (hopefully) cash in on some easy budget and help to progress the team.

Last edited by Catch28; 06-22-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:25 AM   #5
Nyydus

Catch28's Arena

Initial Card Issue:

MLB Players:
SP Jose Fernandez
CP Aroldis Chapman - 90
SP Gerrit Cole - 84
RP Mark Melancon - 81
SS Willie Bloomquist - 74
RP Manny Parra - 73
2B Jace Peterson - 69
CF Chris Dickerson - 65
CF Chris Coghlan - 62
RP Shairon Martis - 52

Dynasty Players:
A+ 40 Game UTIL
A 40 Game 3B
B 35 Game SS
C+ 40 Game CF
C 40 Game RF
D+ 35 Game CP
D+ 35 Game RF
F 40 Game 1B
F 35 Game CP
F 40 Game 2B

Manager Thoughts: Overall, this was a very strong initial issue. Getting a 40 Game utility player is a large bonus, especially when he has a lefty bat. Several of the dynasty guys will be strong players for us and we have several good recycling pieces in MLB players. We will look to recycle some of the pitchers into position players that can make a larger impact.

Next Up -> Our first recycle session

Last edited by Catch28; 06-22-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2014, 11:55 AM   #6
Nyydus

Catch28's Arena

Recycle Session 1:

Recycle 1:
IN
SP Fernandez - 94
2B Peterson - 69

OUT
2B Dustin Pedroia - 94

Thoughts: Got exactly what we wanted here as Pedroia is a strong MLB bat to help get our offense going in Series 1.

Recycle 2:
IN
CP Chapman - 90
CF Dickerson - 65
CF Coghlan - 62

OUT
RF Carlos Beltran - 90

Thoughts: Nailed it again with a good switch hitting bat that can help to ignite the offense.

Recycle 3:
IN
RP Melancon - 81
F 40 Game 1B
D+ 35 Game RF

OUT
B 30 Game RF

Thoughts: Came away happy here with a solid outfielder that has some pretty good caps to build up to.

Recycle 4:
IN
C 40 Game RF
RP - Shairon Martis - 52

OUT
RP Drew Storen - 78

Thoughts: Was just hoping to get lucky with a dynasty player but that plan failed. Storen will be recycled again quickly.

Recycle 5:
IN
RP Storen - 78
F 40 Game 2B

OUT
B- 30 Game SS

Thoughts: We got a fairly solid player here but we already have a strong SS that is ready to be activated.

Recycle 6:
IN
SP Cole - 84
B- 30 Game SS

OUT
B 30 Game C

Thoughts: Catchers are always a hard area to find a good player. This guy will probably make the team as he is extremely balanced in hitting and fielding but man is he going to be slow.

Final Thoughts: This was an extremely positive recycle session. We should be able to now build a solid opening day lineup and work to compete in Series 1

Last edited by Catch28; 06-22-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:07 PM   #7
Rookie

HuskerPower3's Arena

OVR: 0

This is an interesting idea to use Diamond Dynasty for this. Those are incredibly made uniforms. And it appears you are a fellow Omaha native. I will definitely be following.

Sent via Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2014, 07:06 PM   #8
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

OVR: 5

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this. I've always wanted to try DD but it's always been confusing so maybe reading this will help me out.

Those uniforms are very nice as well!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »