Home

Gordon Williams Road To The Show

This is a discussion on Gordon Williams Road To The Show within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
Rookie

DreDay2K's Arena

OVR: 0
Gordon Williams Road To The Show

March 31st, 2014
Topps Amateur Showcase - March 2-4, 2014

I cant believe what is about to happen right now. In 3 days i will make my professional debut. It was just last month that i was playing in the Topps Amatuer showcase and just a couple weeks ago that i got drafted. But for today, i will talk about the Topps Amateur Showcase. I will save the MLB Draft for tomorrow.

In started off the 3 day Amateur Showcase good. On my first at bat, i got walked. Then my second at bat i hit a Sacrifice Fly to left field and drove in a RBI. I flew out my next at bat but then singled on my fourth at bat and had another Sac fly my last at bat. In the field i did excellent. i had 7 balls hit my way and fielding them with no problem. I definitely impressed the scouts with my performance that game.

My second game got off to a wrong note quickly. In the first inning, there was a routine fly ball hit to me in center and i missed it. The worst part about it is the sun was not out. So there was no excuse for me to miss that fly ball. That hurt my draft stock a little. Fortunately i was able to redeem my self later in the game. In the fourth inning i hit a RBI Triple and them in the 9th i hit a single. So far i am doing well in the showcase despite that error that i had that game.

In the 3rd game, i decided to show of my wheels. After ripping a single to RF, i stole second base with ease. I got out my next two at bat. On my fourth at bat, i got a hanging curveball on a 3-1 count and crushed it to centerfield, but the center fielder catch it 2 steps away from he fence. I was disappointed be i knew a homer would really boost my draft stock and maybe i could slip into the top ten. However i still had a good showcase so i should go first round.

Last edited by DreDay2K; 06-29-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 06:47 PM   #2
Rookie

DreDay2K's Arena

Re: Gordon Williams Road To The Show

Table of Contents
Old 06-29-2014, 06:48 PM   #3
Rookie

DreDay2K's Arena

Gordon Williams Timeline
Old 06-29-2014, 06:51 PM   #4
Rookie

DreDay2K's Arena

Gordon Williams Careers Stats, Highlights & Awards
Old 06-29-2014, 06:54 PM   #5
Rookie

DreDay2K's Arena

reserve number 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 06:55 PM   #6
Rookie

DreDay2K's Arena

reserve number 2
Old 06-29-2014, 06:55 PM   #7
Rookie

DreDay2K's Arena

you may post now. MLB Draft results coming later today!
Old 06-29-2014, 11:37 PM   #8
Rookie

DreDay2K's Arena

April 1st, 2014
MLB Draft - March 15, 2014

The MLB Draft was one of the best experience of my life. Knowing that all eyes will be on you when you name is called was kind of nerve racking but awesome at the same time. Also being next to all next high school and College stars was an honor. As soon as the draft started i got really excited. I knew i performed good in the 3 day showcase and had a god chance to go in the top ten though i think that error will prevent me from doing that. The first ten picks went by and my name wasn't called. I wasn't really surprised so i didn't get nervous or anything.

Quote:
With the 11th overall pick of the 2014 MLB Draft, the Colorado Rockies select, Jack Smith. Center fielder from the West Region.
I was kind of shocked that the Colorado Rockies told him over me. I out performed him in the showcase games. But then again he is from Colorado so maybe they have some insider information on him that nobody knows. Oh well on to the next pick.

Quote:
With the 12th overall pick of the 2014 MLB Draft, the San Diego Padres select, Daisuke Yabu. Closing pitcher from the West Region.
I felt that the San Diego Padres would be a good fit for me since they needed a young, high potential center fielder in their origination. However, i guess they a closing pitcher since they took one in the first round. They ended up taking a center fielder in the 2nd round. So on to the next pick.

Quote:
With the 13th overall pick of the 2014 MLB Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select, Gordon Williams. Center fielder from the Central Region.
The amount of joy that i expressed on my face was not describable. Being selected in the first round was a real honor and i was excited that my time had finnally come. All the hard work that i had put in my entire life had finally paid off. But i am still a long ways away from the ultimate goal: Making the it to the MLB.

Last edited by DreDay2K; 06-29-2014 at 11:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »