Home

Some words of wisdom from a veteran

This is a discussion on Some words of wisdom from a veteran within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2018, 10:10 AM   #1
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
Some words of wisdom from a veteran

hey everyone, I have noticed a lot of threads that have started and then faded away. I used to do this over on another site over ten years ago. the site is long since gone. I have some sage advice for those that do this or start out to do this.

it is very simple We all want to have people recognize our hard work, by commenting our threads. Let me tell you first hand. it isn't about that, just look at how many people are following you if you will be the number of views you have. that is the real test of how much love your work is getting.

Don't get discouraged just because no one is commenting on your stuff. be excited with all the views your getting. that is the power of this thing... trust me if you keep at it they will come.. and in droves...

I have been playing around with the idea of getting back into it again. I will give it some serious thought before 19 drops.. it could be a new franchise or Yr 2 of my current Oakland A's franchise.

chins up folks. this is fun if you let it be and take pride n the views and dont worry about the comments..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 10:38 AM   #2

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Some words of wisdom from a veteran

Very well said. I can't echo all of these sentiments loud enough. I am not an MLB guy and instead run a NCAA project but I think these virtues hold true across all dynasty/franchise reporting.

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 09-22-2018, 12:12 AM   #3
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Some words of wisdom from a veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese2121
Very well said. I can't echo all of these sentiments loud enough. I am not an MLB guy and instead run a NCAA project but I think these virtues hold true across all dynasty/franchise reporting.
exactly... and now in this world of instant gratification we live in and this generation needing it like a drug I can see why these threads go by the wayside.

Believe me, when I first started doing this way back in 2000 or so and I would post in my guestbook on the site that I had posted a game. (back then it was all about writing newspaper style articles every game. ) and I would get no feedback good or bad game after game after game, I would remark n my guestbook about it and someone then told me about the golden rule.

once I started to pay closer attention to that and saw the views JUMPING ever time I posted a game recap if you will it got me more and more excited to get another game out. which would eventually be my downfall and cause me to hit a burn out wall.

Also very important... your not doing it solely for yourself but you're bringing your passion for this to share it with the masses. the number of views will come if your dedicated, your content is good, and people like it. I once had a thread on here in the MLB section that had over a couple thousand views after just a couple of pages of posts.

consistency is the name of the game in this. if you don't think you're going to see this through for whatever reason don't even think about starting something like this.

fans will out on this stuff fast each time you come back and tug on their heartstrings as they start to fall in love with what your dong, then to have it yanked away from them Resect your readers... it is everything..

on one last thing, if you do decide to stop doing this for whatever reason.... give your readers an explanation of why... again.. respect

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »