Home

Better Game For new franchise?

This is a discussion on Better Game For new franchise? within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Better game for new franchise?
OOTP 19 3 50.00%
MLB The Show 18 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2018, 02:38 AM   #1
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Better Game For new franchise?

Not 100% decided on if I'll give a real attempt at one, but if I were to go ahead with it, would OOTP or The Show be the preferred game to see?

The Show positives:
-Real gameplay with live streams, authentic presentation
-In-game graphics
-Easier franchise setup

OOTP positives:
-Authentic management aspects
-Full minors
-Expansion, relocation, rebranding possible (could be in The Show as well soon)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2018, 08:17 PM   #2

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Better Game For new franchise?

I love OOTP, but I've noticed that it is easier to create an engaging The Show franchise than to create one with OOTP. Visuals play a big part in that. It is easy for OOTP franchises into just a pile of data that isn't engaging and fun to read. If you could incorporate more visuals, storylines, and perhaps some good writing, that's the only way an OOTP one would be better in my opinion.
Old 10-26-2018, 01:46 AM   #3
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGHerm
I love OOTP, but I've noticed that it is easier to create an engaging The Show franchise than to create one with OOTP. Visuals play a big part in that. It is easy for OOTP franchises into just a pile of data that isn't engaging and fun to read. If you could incorporate more visuals, storylines, and perhaps some good writing, that's the only way an OOTP one would be better in my opinion.
Completely agree. Id like to say that im at least okay at creating new uniforms and immersive fields for OOTP which would help with graphics for the franchise, but nothing beats actually seeing action play out, especially that id be live streaming some games. If The Show had expansion and rebranding id just run with The Show and be done with it, but it doesnt yet so thats why the question comes up.

Last edited by itsmb8; 10-26-2018 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 05:55 PM   #4
MVP

artoodeetoo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
This is one of my few gripes with OOTP -- I get that visuals are not their forte, but I think they could put forth a minimal amount of additional effort in that regard. Even if it's just some generated images of in-game action, I could work with it.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:36 PM   #5

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by artoodeetoo
This is one of my few gripes with OOTP -- I get that visuals are not their forte, but I think they could put forth a minimal amount of additional effort in that regard. Even if it's just some generated images of in-game action, I could work with it.
I'll disagree with you there. Their 3D engine is really coming along, which is about all we can expect from a small company focusing on an extremely realistic text-sim with massive databases. The effort is there. That just isn't something in their reach right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2018, 10:44 PM   #6
MVP

artoodeetoo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I'll disagree with you there. Their 3D engine is really coming along, which is about all we can expect from a small company focusing on an extremely realistic text-sim with massive databases. The effort is there. That just isn't something in their reach right now.
That's fair. The facegens are also quite life-like.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:30 PM   #7
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

So what seems to be the consensus, is an accurate representation of management or live streams and great visual presentation the way to go? My poll is stuck at 2-2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »