Home

How Sweet the Sound - The Story of David "Amazing" Grace (2K23 MyCareer)

This is a discussion on How Sweet the Sound - The Story of David "Amazing" Grace (2K23 MyCareer) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2024, 10:35 PM   #209
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How Sweet the Sound - The Story of David "Amazing" Grace (2K23 MyCareer)

Hopefully, you guys can put Chicago away in five, no way they should even be in the finals.
Old 03-12-2024, 10:25 PM   #210
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
Hopefully, you guys can put Chicago away in five, no way they should even be in the finals.
The 2K gods had other thoughts.....
Old 03-13-2024, 11:41 PM   #212
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

OVR: 0

Wow, I really don't know how the Bulls are doing this, the Lakers will need Lebron or AD to set up alongside Grace in Game 6. The two losses both scored in the teens.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:19 PM   #213
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
Wow, I really don't know how the Bulls are doing this, the Lakers will need Lebron or AD to set up alongside Grace in Game 6. The two losses both scored in the teens.
I have been baffled after every L. Especially dropping that huge lead.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:21 PM   #214
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

The King and I (Part 2)

The King and I (Part 2)

October 2022

“Yo, you good, Rook?”

I looked up to see LeBron James standing in front of my locker.

“Yeah. I mean, it’s just ball, right?”

“Tell that to your hyperactive *** leg,”
he said pointing at me. My bouncing leg was a definite giveaway to my nerves. The wait to go on the court was longer than normal since the Warriors got their rings tonight, so we were just kind of hanging out in the locker room waiting for the ceremony to be over.

“I’m in the NBA.” I said looking down at my uniform.

“What gave it away?” He laughed.

“Like for real. No Summer League or none of that. Like I am here. I am going to step out there and play the game I love on the highest level.”

“You earned this ****. Nothing is given. Just relax and have fun.”

“Easy for you to say.”

“You don’t think I was nervous? Eighteen year old kid about to step foot in the NBA? Playing for my home team. Number one pick. I was expected to save the franchise. Do you understand the pressure I was under?”

I had never thought it about like that. 20 years later and he still has these crazy expectations to meet. I’m just an early second round pick that nobody even thought would make a final roster.

“You’re right. Maybe flying under the radar is going to be a good thing.”

“It gives you the chance to create your own narrative. Be who you want to be without people telling you who you should be. You can kind of develop at your own pace, you know?”

“Any other advice for tonight?”

“Nah, just have fun. You were right about one thing: it is just ball. So, let’s just go out there and play.”

############################
Present day

“Yo, you good, Rook?”

I looked up to see LeBron James standing in front of my locker. I laughed. He gave me a weird look.

“You don’t remember?”

“Remember what?”

“You said the exact same thing to me right before my first game.”

He laughed.

“Ah, yeah! You was nervous as **** that night. Probably why you only had five points.”

“So, you remember that part?”

He laughed again.

“How are you so calm, man? We are so close to putting this series to bed and we’ve lost two games in a row.”

He shrugged. “I don’t know. I mean, I’ve been here before. On both sides. Up three to two and down three to two, hell down three to one. You can’t be too anxious tonight, just let it happen. I know you wanted that sweep. But it’s desperate times for Chicago and they played like it these past two games.”

I shook my head. He was too chill for me in this moment. Or maybe I was too anxious. My shots weren’t falling in those last couple games. Maybe I was trying too hard. Game 5 was ours until it wasn’t. I just knew we were gonna take the win in front of our fans that night. We blew a 20 point lead and lost by two points. I’m just ready for it to be done.

“I see Jordan sent you some new colorways for tonight.” He pointed at my signature shoes, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I started wearing them after we won Game 1 of the Finals. Jordan Brand decided to tie in my love for the show Bel-Air and the fact that I was actually from Philly now playing for the Los Angeles Lakers and made my first shoe in a Fresh Prince of Bel-Air colorway. It was fitting. Especially considering that I’m playing with LeBron “King” James, and the media has decided dub me The Fresh Prince of LA. It just kind of markets itself.

“Yeah, this purple is tough. I know a few of my boys back in Philly and in Houston are gonna want these.”

“You had one hell of a season, DG. Once this **** is over, it’s gonna be crazy out there on the court. So, I just want to get my thanks out of the way. You came through and busted *** this season. You’re playing on one of the biggest stages and you really showed out.”

“Thanks, man. You made it easy.”

“Nah, you made it easy for me.”
He said as he nodded and walked back to his locker. He called from across the room.

“Yo, DG. It’s just ball, right?”

I laughed and gave him a nod. He was right. And even on our worst night, nobody was playing ball better than us.

Last edited by ChosenOne58; 03-21-2024 at 11:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »