Home

Rob Stone, the next big thing.

This is a discussion on Rob Stone, the next big thing. within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #57
Rookie

smidger9's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Rob Stone, the next big thing.

Season Preview with Coach Stone

First I would like to thank my team for last season, without their effort, heart and dedication we would not have managed such a miracle run. I hear everyone saying that we are the best team in the MEAC and a potential top 25, but I tell our guys not to listen to all that. We cant start listening to the hype when we need to be focused. If we are to reach the same heights as last season it will take more effort and dedication than last season.

Coach Stone on the schedule.

I think the first thing to jump out at you is the 2 week stech where we play Xavier in the first round of the 2k Sports Classic. If we win that game we have the potential to play top 10 Kentucky. We then play top 10 UNC at their place, turn around and play top 5 Texas and then #1 Syracuse. Not to mention we have University of South Carolina and OKlahoma. OK has one of the best players in the country in Blake Griffen so it will be a fun match up with Julius Carter. I think if we play SCST basketball we can over 500 heading into January.

Coach Stone on the Roster.

A lot of folks have asked me what i'm going to do with my rotation. I always say that the players who earn their minutes will play. I'm hearing a lot of praise for freshman Errol Stockman he can easily be a superstar, He will be starting at SF. I think Spencer has earned his spot at the 2 guard. I like freshman Jaime Temple over David Cobb at the center spot even though that leave Julius Carter as out only PF on roster. McFadden has been one of the best surprises of this season. We though we might redshirt him this season to better prepare him to lead this team next season be he is more than ready to contribute this season. Telfare is another freshman who will see go minutes on the floor. In out closed scrimmage with Duke he was on of out top scores with 15 points and he also was a stopper on the defensive end.

Coach Stone on recruiting.

I know a lot of avid fans follow the recruiting updates and know who we are after and what we want to being in for next season. I've been given 6 scholarships to distribute. We had 50 prospects before ABL play and we narrowed it down the the best 10. Now we are actively working to find the next 6 Bulldogs. I can promise you this will be the best class in the MEAC and will be on to remember. There are 2 guys in particular who not only will start all 4 years but will break records at this school.

Coach Stone on being named MEAC Coach of the Year.

It was a big award to win in my first full season as a coach. But I really owe it to the team as they are the guys who made this happen and they are the ones who lead us to the greatness.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #58
Rookie

smidger9's Arena

South Carolina State Student Courier, Sports Edition

South Carolina State wins 2k Sports College Classic!

The Bulldogs ran through Colorado, 73 to 71; and Western Kentucky, 91 to 65 on their way to winning thier first tournament of the year. Coach Stone added his thoughts, "We played well in both games. The freshman were all impressive and our seniors got the job done just like I asked them."

The Bulldogs beat Colorado on a buzzer beater by Carrio Bennett. The game was a good test as Colorado was full of good shooters which tested the full court defense SCST played most the second half. SCST won easily against lowly Western Kentucky who couldn't buy a basket in the first half.

SCST is now 2-0 and will play Xavier in the first round oh the 2k Sports Classic in Madison Square Garden.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:57 PM   #59
Rookie

smidger9's Arena

SCST rolls over Xavier 96, 69.

Everett Spencer dropped 41 points as the Bulldogs rolled Xavier to their first loss of the season. "It was one of those games where I could not miss. It feels good to be out here again."

4 Bulldogs scored double figures. Jaime Temple has no collected a double double in each of his collegitic games.

The Bulldogs squeak by #14 Kentucky 84-73.

We were pulling the underdog card the entire second half until Stockman and McFadden both hit clutch 3 point baskets to pull away from Kentucky. Coach Stone played with the rosters and rotations quite a bit as Wesley Telfare got his first start over Errol Stockman and Julius Carter only played 7 minutes. "I wanted to see where everyone was at against a big time opponent. We pulled away with a win and I got a good look at my new boys."
Old 12-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #60
Rookie

smidger9's Arena

The Bulldogs knock off #9 UNC 102-90.

"I have the most respect for Roy Williams of any coach in America. He is a true stand up guy and a role model...but man does it feel amazing to get a win over a legend like him. We run about the same offense and I think having about equal ability at point guard was the difference in this game. Justin was big for us adding 14 points and 7 assist on top of that and he made great passes with good court vision. Plus McFadden cam in and added instant offense when Burton took breathers."

Stats:
Burton 14 points, 7 assist, 2 rebounds, 2 steals
Spencer 17 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assist, 3 steals
Stockman 23 points, 10 rebounds
Carter 5 points, 3 rebounds
Temple 8 points, 5 rebounds

Bench:
Bennett 12 points
McFadden 18 points, 4 assist, 4 rebounds, 2 steals
Cobb 1 block
Carn 4 rebounds

SCST is now 5-0.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Nice legacy. I like your layout.. If you ever feel like you are not getting alot of feed back but enjoy posting you might consider posting this at 2k forums as well. there are a good group of guys still posting over there including mine (Coach Young) and a couple of guys post both players SuperJames (Coach Frizzell). I will be sure to ad you to my list of reads when I am trying to kill time at work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2009, 01:50 AM   #62
Rookie

smidger9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Nice legacy. I like your layout.. If you ever feel like you are not getting alot of feed back but enjoy posting you might consider posting this at 2k forums as well. there are a good group of guys still posting over there including mine (Coach Young) and a couple of guys post both players SuperJames (Coach Frizzell). I will be sure to ad you to my list of reads when I am trying to kill time at work.
Thanks man, I love a follower and I love just reading other and taking notes.
I might take a look over there if I get the time after finals.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #63
Rookie

smidger9's Arena

The Bulldogs beat #8 Texas 66-65.

South Carolina State pulls out another upset this time over top ten Texas in Austin. "We played SCST basketball, we pushed the tempo in the second half and got the shots we wanted. Stockman showed a lot of promise and good play making ability." The Bulldogs shot over 50% in the second half and even though the game was close they never lost the lead after taking it early in the second half.

Stats:
Burton 12 points, 8 assist
Spencer 13 points
Stockman 21 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assist
Carter 4 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assist, 1 block
Temple 8 rebounds, 2 points, 3 blocks

Bench:
Bennett 5 points
McFadden 5 points, 3 assist
Cobb 2 points, 3 rebounds
Carn 3 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 steal
Telfare 4 points, 2 rebounds

SCST is now 6-0.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:53 PM   #64
Rookie

smidger9's Arena

I'm sorry I am so slow on the updates. I don't have internet right now so its almost impossible to get any updates. But I have played through most of this season so I can start writing game reports soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »