Home

The Association (2K10)

This is a discussion on The Association (2K10) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: The Association (2K10)

From now on I have out-layed a format.

Each week I will select a game of the week, play it, and then provide an article about the game.

Then, I will do an around the league where I will just provide information about how everyone is doing.

After each month, I will provide standings and league leaders.

I may write some random articles if I think something needs to be brought up like a trade.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #18
MVP

Game of the Week

@
(9-1) - (8-2)
120-81

Nets embarrass Lakers

To hear boos throughout a Laker game is uncharacteristic. With this Laker team usually they are winning or atleast competing. But since the Nets have signed D-Wade and LeBron James almost everywhere they go, they force home crowd to boo. Nothing different happened here, as the Laker faithful let the team knew how they felt after the Nets absolutely crushed the Lakers.

In the first quarter, the Lakers were clearly in the game. There were 12 lead changes just in the opening period, and the Lakers actually held a 25-24 lead thanks to Andrew Bynum having 9, and Kobe chipping in with 7. The second quarter is where it fell apart. Kobe fell ice cold, at one point missing 9 consecutive shots, including a wide-open missed dunk. Wade came out flying and had 15 points in the 2nd, and had a slam over Odom that shook the Staples Center.

With Kobe struggling, the Laker offense only managed 12 points in the quarter, while the Nets had 35. In the second half, the Nets coasted to an easy victory and even forced further embarrassment on the Lakers, stretching their lead to 40. With the match-up of the two best teams in each conference so far, the Nets showed who the top dog was, and the team to beat. While having Pau Gasol out did not help, a 39 points loss is a 39 points loss.

Chris Douglas-Roberts lead all scorers with 25, and Dywane Wade scored 23. LeBron had only 9, although he sat for most of the blowout and was never asked to do much. Kobe still ended up with 24, but it was due to many garbage baskets late in the game, and the plethera of shots he took. Bynum added 19, and Odom had 18 in the losing effort.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:27 PM   #19
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Man this is awesome, and the Nets seem to be unstoppable this year. Beating LA in LA by 40+?

Love reading this thread
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 02-22-2010, 08:05 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyNaStY JOSH
Man this is awesome, and the Nets seem to be unstoppable this year. Beating LA in LA by 40+?

Love reading this thread
Thanks man for following. Yeah well when you have D-Wade and LeBron on the same team with a decent supporting cast the team is going to be almost unstoppable. Usually in NBA 2K10 the top teams get too much losses when simming and the bottom teams usually get too much wins when simming. But this Nets team is so stacked (99 overall) that there 11-1 and have a clear shot at 72-10.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:29 AM   #21
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

This is great, I'll be following!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2010, 08:52 AM   #22
MVP

Game of the Week

@
(8-3) - (8-3)
88-109

In a battle of two over-achieving teams, the short-handed Kings demolished the Timberwolves at Arco Arena by 21 points. With both teams missing the playoffs last year, they have each gotten out to a hot start. Even without previous Rookie of the Year Tyreke Evans (broken wrist), and sharpshooter Andres Nociono, the Kings are off to a real hot start thanks to their amazing percentages from beyond the arc, and are currently 2nd in the Western Conference. The Wolves are lead by 2nd year point guard Johnny Flynn, and two stellar big men, with Al Jefferson and Kevin Love.

Early in the first quarter, the Kings jumped out to a double-digit lead, thanks to getting Al Jefferson in foul trouble after he scored the first 8 points. Udrih, McCants, and Garcia all hit consecutive threes, and the Kings jumped out to a 24-14 lead. In the 2nd quarter, Kevin Love started to rally his team back in the game, as he scored 10 points in the 2nd. With only 5 minutes left in the first half, the Wolves cut the lead to 5. Unfortunately for the Wolves, the Kings caught fire again, with Udrih nailing an open 3, and McCants hitting 2 straight from beyond the arc. The Wolves fell ice cold at the end of the half, and the Kings jumped out to a 14 point lead.

The second half was the same story, as to start it out McCants got open again, and hit 2 straight 3s. Francisco Garcia was scoring at will in the 3rd, as he dropped 12 in the quarter. The lead stretched to 20, and for the rest of the game it stayed there. When Jefferson came back in the second, he couldn't surmount a comeback against the feisty Kings, as they continued to use their #1 ranked 3 point attack in the NBA. Garcia ended with 24, McCants had 16 (5-6 from 3 point range), and Udrih had 16 also in winning fashion.

The Kings move to 2nd place in the Western Conference with the win, while the Wolves drop to 3rd. Sacramento is only trailing the Dallas Mavericks by half a game, as the Lakers have fallen out of first place and are now in 4th.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #23
MVP

Nets off to franchise-best start at 11-1, good enough for 1st place in the Eastern Conference

A 5 game win-streak propels the Mavericks into 1st place in the Western Conference

Joakim Noah is not happy with the Bulls, and asks to be traded

Lottery pick Avery Bradley returns to the lineup, healing from his injuries

All-time great Jason Kidd announces retirement at season's end

Arenas, Butler, and Jamison all being shopped?

Blazers have had enough of Miller, Oden, Webster, and Mills. None of them will receive playing time, and trades will occur

Nash hurts himself, out 4-6 weeks

Clips have lost 10 in a row, stand at horrid 2-12

Rumors swirl about interest in Arenas

Favors put on Injured Reserve; Bucks are in dead last

Hawks trailing Nets by only a couple games in the Eastern Conference, after great start
Old 02-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #24
MVP

Month of November Recap

Standings

1.17-1

2.11-6

3.10-6

4.10-6

5.9-7

6.10-7

7.8-7

8.8-8

9.8-10

10.8-10

11.7-10

12.7-10

13.6-11

14.5-11

15.5-12

Standings

1.13-4

2.12-5

3.11-5

4.11-6

5.10-7

6.9-8

7.9-8

8.9-10

9.8-10

10.7-10

11.6-9

12.6-10

13.6-12

14.4-14

15.3-13

NBA Statistical Leaders

1. Carmelo Anthony 27.6

2. Chris Bosh 25.9

3. David West 25.9

4. Kevin Martin 25.6

5. Kevin Durant 25.2

Assists

1. Jason Kidd 10.7

2. Rajon Rondo 10.1

3. Chauncey Billups 9.6

4. Beno Udrih 9.1

5. Tony Parker 8.9

Rebounds

1. Dwight Howard 13.7

2. Chris Bosh 12.6

3. Yao Ming 11.6

4. Kevin Love 11.0

5. David Lee 10.9

Top Storylines

1. Nets are dazzling the NBA

The Chicago Bulls amazing record of 72-10 may be broken by season's end by the 2010-2011 New Jersey Nets who are cruising in the NBA currently, with a 17-1 record. With an all-star cast of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Brook Lopez, and Devin Harris it seems nobody can compete with them, as they have already beaten L.A. twice now, and the defending champs, each time by plus 20 points. They already hold a 5.5 game lead over the 2nd place New York Knicks, a lead which may never be relinquished. The only scare for the Nets may be that Wade has recently dislocated his finger, but it is on his non-shooting hand, and he will continue to play.

2. Celtics and Spurs: Too Old?

The two teams that were in the NBA Finals last year look down and out. They are both under .500, and off to a really slow start. The Celtics have been victims of nagging injuries to Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo, and their bench players (Glen Davis and Rafer Alston) causing their players to miss a few games here and there, and play through pain. This team just looks slower on the court now, something that can't happen if expected to slow down the fast-pace Nets.

The Spurs meanwhile are 100% healthy, but just are playing terrible. While they are accustomed to slow starts, this is different. Tim Duncan doesn't look like himself, Tony Parker isn't as explosive, Ginobli is struggling, and the only player keeping this team from drowning is Richard Jefferson who is having a fantastic year so far. Can this team really compete with the contenders? We're no to so sure, after we saw the Nets destroy them in San Antonio.

3. Trade Rumors

While the trade deadline is awaiting in February we could see some big names moving soon. In Portland, almost half the team is angry with the coaching staff about minutes and contract issues. If it weren't for Brandon Roy's stellar play this team should be at the bottom of the West. It is to be expected that Greg Oden, Andre Miller, Martell Webster, and Patty Mills are either to be on the move or see no playing time until they clean their act up. Other players possibly on the move include Roy Hibbert who is angry at the Pacers, Joakim Noah, Spencer Hawes who is infuriated with the Kings staff, and the Pistons are putting Charlie Villanueva on the block.

Although the Wizards are off to a solid start, it is rumored that they are putting Gilbert Arenas, Caron Butler, and Antawn Jamison on the market. One possibility as we have recently heard is that the 76ers are very interested in Arenas to solve their point guard problems this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »