Home

Coaching Legacy of Austin Isom

This is a discussion on Coaching Legacy of Austin Isom within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
Rookie

Isom's Arena

OVR: 3
Coaching Legacy of Austin Isom

Coach Options
System: PS3
Coaching Contracts: On
New Job Offers: On
Coach Firing: On
Starting Team: Any Team That I Choose
(No, I'm not picking a ranked team. I plan on picking a team with a High/Highest Challenge Level.)
My Coaching Style: Up-Tempo
Starting Roster File: Rosters Dowloaded From OperationSports

After weeks of negotiation, the University of Buffalo have hired a fresh face to coach their men's basketball program.

Austin Isom is now the new coach of the Buffalo Bulls, and not only is it his biggest job yet, but it's his first ever head coach position. Isom held a Q&A with the local newspaper to express his plans for the Bulls.

The Buffalo News

Doug Skiles: First of all let me say, congrats on getting the job, and second, thanks for your time.

Austin Isom: Thank you for having me.

Skiles: No problem, now on to the questions.

Q: Since this is your first job as a head coach, I assume you're nervous. How do you plan to deal with that?
A: Well, while it may be my first major job, I've been in the business for quite some time. Of course I'm nervous, who wouldn't be, but it's not anything that's going to get in the way of my coaching. I think things will definitely ease up once I meet with the team and practice starts.

Q: So, you haven't met with the team?
A: No, I haven't even had time to take a good look at the rosters.

Q: Wow, sounds like you're a busy man. Moving on though, what are your future plans for the Buffalo Bulls.
A: Well I could say that I want to win 5 NCAA titles, and while that would be nice, we all know it's highly unlikely. I suppose, being realistic and all, that I would like to coach the team to a winning record, maybe a conference title, and some wins against Top 25 teams.

Q: Sounds like some pretty fair goals, but why so negative about taking the whole thing?
A: I wasn't negative. I said it would be nice, and we'll most definitely strive for that, but a lot of coaches set themselves up for a let down when they come into the season expecting to be number one. Even coaches with the ability to do so are guilty of that. I just want to set a goal that's not so far-fetched, and that way when we succeed, we can have the courage aim for higher goals.

Q: I see what you mean, and it sounds like you've got a good game plan. Speaking of which, how do you plan to run the team?
A: Well, I do think education is key, and so if their studies are lacking, then they'll definitley see a decrease in playing time. I'm not Calipari, I will make sure school comes first.

Q: Whoa, taking a stab at one of college basketball's biggest idols!
A: I wasn't "taking a stab," I was only saying that if it means a losing record, and god forbid that happens, then I will sit the whole damn team on the bench. We'll forfeit every game until grades increase. Calipari is a good coach, but I'm not sure his mentoring skills are up to par.

Q: Pretty harsh words, but you could be right. Is that the only credentials for playing?
A: No, not at all. Other than education, I expect a good work ethic and a good attitude on and off the court. If you half-*** in practice, you'll suffer the consequences by sitting on the sideline come game time.

Q: Alright, one last question; was Buffalo your first choice?
A: Oh definitely not! I looked at more than 20 schools, and it was such tough choice. I finally narrowed it down to Buffalo and South Dakota State, but ultimately chose Buffalo. It seemed like a better atmosphere and an overall greater challenge.

Skiles: Sounds fair, and it sounds like just what this program needs. That's all the time we have though, so I once again thank you for your time and wish you luck with your new team.

Isom: And I once again thank you for having me.

Isom is scheduled to meet with the team within the next few days, and he says expect practice to start shortly after. He also says that he is very excited about coaching the program this year and he's anxious to see how things go.

Last edited by Isom; 06-12-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
Rookie

Isom's Arena

Re: Coaching Legacy of Austin Isom

Buffalo Bulls 2009-10 Roster

I'll post more later.

Last edited by Isom; 06-12-2010 at 06:12 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Isom's Arena

Re: Coaching Legacy of Austin Isom

Reserved for more info.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »