Home

Poetry in Motion – A Steve Nash Story

This is a discussion on Poetry in Motion – A Steve Nash Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How should Nash finish his career?
Play out his contract with the Suns, resign next season if they get help. 3 15.79%
Play out his contract with the Suns and leave for a contender. 4 21.05%
Ask to be traded to a contender. 9 47.37%
Ask for some help, and push on with a rebuild. 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #33
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Poetry in Motion – A Steve Nash Story

Game 18 Phoenix Suns 74 - 87 Oklahoma City Thunder

Nash takes it to the rim, and makes an AND 1 play.

Phoenix Suns at Oklahoma City Thunder
Jan 27, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Phoenix (7-10)2616171574
Oklahoma City (5-7)2523221787
Phoenix Suns
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
S. Nash307-142-42-21530518
Oklahoma City Thunder

Suns Starters
S. Nash
J. Dudley
G. Hill
C. Frye
M. Gortat

Thunder Starters
R. Westbrook
J. Harden
K. Durant
S. Ibaka
K. Perkins

Game Leaders
Pts - 27 - R. Westbrook (Thunder)
Rebs - 10 - N. Mohammed (Thunder)
Asts - 6 - R. Westbrook (Thunder)
Stls - 3 - S. Nash (Suns)
Blks - 3 - S. Ibaka (Thunder)

Nash's Notebook

“Well the Thunder had a little too much for us. Nah I lie, they had Durant and Westbrook. 2 superstars. Westbrook had 27 pts and 6 assists. He was lightning quick, and was very difficult to matchup against. Very similar player to D-Rose, I'll be having nightmares about him tonight! Durant had 23 pts on a quiet night for him, his 7 rebounds and the fact he commands a double team was difficult to deal with. The Thunder have some great role players now in Harden (10pts, 4rebs, 3asts, 2stls), Ibaka (6pts, 8rebs, 3blks), Perkins (8pts,9rebs), Mohammed (5pts, 10rebs) and young Reggie Jackson (6pts, 3 rebs).”

"At times tonight it seemed like only Marcin and myself turned up to play. Obviously Grant was consistent as usual with 8 pts, 6 rebs, 2 asts and 2 stls. Marcin had 19 pts and 9 rebounds, 1 ast, 1 stls and 2 blocks. We didnt have great contributions scoring wise from anybody else. But Josh Childress played hard, and was one of the reasons Durant only had 23 points. J Chill had 7 pts, 5 rebs and a steal."

"Its disappointing to lose another game, even on the road against the Thunder. The losses are really mounting up now. 11 in total. I hope Rob and Lon listen to me. We need some changes quicker than Russell Westbrook on the fastbreak. I know from speaking to Grant that he backed me up. Lets hope the culture they are building is one of respecting and listening to their experienced vets."

"We are 7-11 and off home again to face the Wizards and John Wall. Another lightning quick point guard. Sigh."

Last edited by RMJH4; 07-27-2023 at 05:53 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #34
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Game 19 Washington Wizards 97 - 105 Phoenix Suns

Nash done everything tonight, and tied his career assist record for a regular season game with 17.

Washington Wizards at Phoenix Suns
Jan 30, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Washington (7-11)2526172997
Phoenix (7-11)26222334105
Washington Wizards
Phoenix Suns
S. Nash3310-223-710-1021721633

Wizards Starters
J. Wall
N. Young
R. Lewis
A. Blatche
J. McGee

Suns Starters
S. Nash
J. Dudley
G. Hill
C. Frye
M. Gortat

Game Leaders
Pts - 33 - S. Nash (Suns)
Rebs - 9 - M. Gortat (Suns)
Asts - 17 - S. Nash (Suns)
Stls - 3 - S. Nash (Suns)
Blks - 3 - G. Hill (Suns)

Nash's Notebook

“Feeling a little aggravated after my meeting with Lon and Rob Sarver, I felt I had to show what this organisation means to me. Show them, and everyone I still have a few of those elite games left in me. Had a great battle with John Wall who had 23 pts, 8 rebs and 8 assists. A real test from an up and coming point guard. But I am happy in the knowledge that I showed Lon Babby that we don't need to rebuild slowly. Give me a star, and we can go far. ”

"Marcin Gortat was tremendous tonight again. Really developing his game. 19 points and 9 rebounds. He kept Javale McGee quiet with 10 points. Grant Hill had 15 pts and 6 rebs tonight, in the never ending battle with Josh Childress for the starting SF spot. Not to be totally outdone, Childress had 12 pts and 7 rebs, with 2 steals and a block to boot. This battle can only elevate both players performances even higher. Channing Frye was solid with Gortat down low, and added 13 points and 8 rebounds too."

"Nick Young tried to help out John Wall whenever he could. Young had 18 points and give Jared a tough time. Rashard Lewis helped keep the Wiz in the game with some big shots, en route to scoring 15 points. He had some good tustles with Grant Hill down the stretch. The Wizards had an identical record to us before tonight, and have a lot of young players with potential. But you just feel if they had another high caliber player, they could skyrocket up the standings. Similar to ourselves."

"Off to see the Nuggets next. They have developed a deep squad since the Carmelo Anthony trade, will be tough to win in the Pepsi Center. But if we want to make the playoffs, we have got to start winning games like these. Missed call on my phone, and a text. Its Lon Babby, wants me to watch a tryout later. Ah they seem to be listening to me."

Last edited by RMJH4; 07-27-2023 at 05:53 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #35
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

January 30th 2012

Nash and Hill have some big ideas for the Suns front office. They are looking for another star to lead them back to the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #36
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Gilbert Arenas signs 10-day contract with Suns

Arenas was spotted at the Wizards - Suns game last night.

Gilbert Arenas and the Suns have reached agreement on a 10 day contract. Arenas who is a former Arizona Wildcat, was seen at the US Airways center last night. He was watching his former team the Wizards, and what most people didn't know, his future team the Suns. The Suns beat the Wizards well on the night, with Steve Nash leading the way. Nash had an excellent game with 33 points and 17 assists. But the few minutes Nash was off the floor, the Suns offense struggled to find its flow.

The signings of Sebastian Telfair and Ronnie Price in the summer have not worked out so far. The Suns front office are keen to give Arenas a chance at proving his fitness, and possibly to reinforce the Suns bench unit. Arenas has been working hard on rehabbing his knee, and getting back in shape after been amniestied by the Magic earlier in the season.

Arenas had stated that he would play on the same team as former teammate and good buddy Dwight Howard next. Although this is only a 10 day contract, could it be a sign? Suns fans can now dream of Steve Nash and Dwight Howard running pick and rolls....At least for a second or two anyway! Most likely though this is a stop gap solution for about a month anyway, until Aaron Brooks returns from China in March. Only time will tell if Arenas gets much playing time, but one interested observer commented on Arenas workout after the game last night.

Steve Nash seemed impressed and said: " Gil looked good in his workout tonight. He has lost about 20 lbs so far, and seems to have gotten some of his quickness back. I think he would be a great veteran leader to have around here, I for one look forward to working with him tomorrow."

Last edited by RMJH4; 07-27-2023 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #37
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Game 20 Phoenix Suns 101 - 123 Denver Nuggets

Nash makes a tough shot over Lawsons defense.

Phoenix Suns at Denver Nuggets
Feb 1, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Phoenix (8-11)39162422101
Denver (12-8)25353033123
Phoenix Suns
S. Nash357-162-43-331100319
Denver Nuggets

Suns Starters
S. Nash
J. Dudley
G. Hill
C. Frye
M. Gortat

Nuggets Starters
T. Lawson
A. Afflalo
D. Gallinari
Nene
T. Mozgov

Game Leaders
Pts - 23 - D. Gallinari (Nuggets)
Rebs - 16 - Nene (Nuggets)
Asts - 11 - S. Nash (Suns)
Stls - 3 - T. Lawson (Nuggets)
Blks - 3 - M. Gortat (Suns)

Nash's Notebook

“We were just blown out of the water tonight by a strong Nuggets team. They really are excellent all around from 1-12. Gallinari is thriving in the absence of Wilson Chandler. His 23 pts, 7rebs, 2 stls, and 1 blk lead the way to a big victory over us. Nene was dominant at PF, scoring 20 pts and gettings 16 rebounds. Ty Lawson almost tied my stat line with 18 pts and 10 assists. But the scoring didnt stop at their starting 5. Al Harrington had 12, Miller had 11, Hamilton 7, Brewer 7, Faried 7 and Rudy Fernandez had 6 off the bench. How do you stop that many scorers??? ”

"We gave it a good shot tonight, but obviously not enough. I had 19 pts and 11 assists. Marcin had 18 pts and 9 rebounds, with 3 blocks on top of that. Rob Lopez had a great showing off the bench with 11 pts. Marcin moved to PF and Robin at C to try and stop Nene down low. But it just got Gallinari going better. Markieff and Channing added 10 each, but we were beaten up in the paint tonight. Gilbert got a few minutes off the bench, he'll be limited until he learns the plays, but 4 pts, 2 asts, 1 stl, 1 blk in 10 minutes aint a bad start."

"Disappointing to drop a game again. We have a chance at home against the Grizzlies in 2 days, they are currently 6-14 and really struggling. Thats followed up by the visit of the Raptors. So a decent chance to win the next 2. Lets hope we can pull it together now."

Last edited by RMJH4; 07-27-2023 at 05:55 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #38
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Game 21 Memphis Grizzlies 120 - 115 Phoenix Suns

Nash played out of his skin again tonight, but the Suns came up short.

Memphis Grizzlies at Phoenix Suns
Feb 3, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Memphis (6-14)35252634120
Phoenix (8-12)33242731115
Memphis Grizzlies
Phoenix Suns
S. Nash328-142-24-46810520

Grizzlies Starters
M. Conley
T. Allen
R. Gay
Z. Randolph
M. Gasol

Suns Starters
S. Nash
J. Dudley
G. Hill
C. Frye
M. Gortat

Game Leaders
Pts - 37 - Z. Randolph (Grizzlies)
Rebs - 11 - Z. Randolph (Grizzlies)
Asts - 14 - M. Conley (Grizzlies)
Stls - 5 - M. Conley (Grizzlies)
Blks - 3 - M. Gortat (Suns)

Nash's Notebook

“Yikes. 8-13 and another bad loss. And at home. Beat up in the post tonight again. Z-BO went off on us. 37 points and 10 rebounds. Even Marresse Speights played well down low with 16 points. We tried out Lopez and Gortat in the post again, but Z-Bo kicked it out, and OJ Mayo got going. 22 points off the bench. Mike Conley ran the show for the Grizz. Pick and rolls all night with Randolph. 16 pts and 14 assists for Conley in the end.”

"Our wing guys played really hard tonight. Grant had 17pts, 8 rebs and 3 assists. Leading by example Grant as usual. Boxing out Randolph on several occasions too. Jared had 15 pts, 3 rebs, 3 asts and 3 stls. Then Josh Chill had 13 pts and 3 rebounds. Way to go guys. The post guys however where a different story. Marcin had 12pts and 5 rebounds. Channing 7pts and 4 rebounds. Robin 2pts and 5 rebounds. We even gave Hakim some burn, but he only grabbed 1 rebound. The only guy to emerge with any credit is Markieff. He is solidly slogging away in limited minutes. 7 pts and 7 rebounds. Way to go young guy."

"Another day, another loss. Raptors at home on the 5th. Got to win Phoenix. Got to beef up in the post. I think I need a triple double tomorrow night, as a regular double double just aint enough. Got to play even harder Steve."

Old 02-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #39
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Game 22 Toronto Raptors 109 - 93 Phoenix Suns

Nash almost delivered the triple double tonight, but the Suns lost their 3rd straight.

Toronto Raptors at Phoenix Suns
Feb 5, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Toronto (7-11)29283121109
Phoenix (8-12)3221172393
Toronto Raptors
Phoenix Suns
S. Nash374-91-42-281211411

Raptors Starters
J. Calderon
D. DeRozan
J. Johnson
A. Bargnani
A. Johnson

Suns Starters
S. Nash
J. Dudley
G. Hill
C. Frye
M. Gortat

Game Leaders
Pts - 36 - A. Bargnani (Raptors)
Rebs - 16 - M. Gortat (Suns)
Asts - 12 - S. Nash (Suns)
Stls - 3 - J. Calderon (Raptors)
Blks - 5 - M. Gortat (Suns)

Nash's Notebook

“This is getting to be just plain awful. Another loss. Beat up in the post by Andrea Bargnani tonight. 36 points and 12 rebounds. Yes 12 rebounds. In one game. Seriously? Now Marcin stepped up defensively tonight. 16 rebounds and 5 blocks. But he just hadnt got the quickness to guard Bargnani. Channing was poor at best tonight, being beaten off the trouble far too often. Markieff Morris done a far better job on him when his number was called. And actually finished with a double double himself, 11 points and 10 rebounds, with great blocks too. This kid has some potential, and Channing must be feeling some pressure on his starting spot. Gilbert was very solid again tonight, 10 minutes, but 8 pts, 2 asts and a steal. He's getting by on his knowledge at the moment, but in time I think he'll fit in nicely here.”

"Grant and I dug real deep tonight to lead our guys to a win. But again it just wasnt enough. Grant had 17 pts, 7 rebounds and 4 assists. Jared played just as well with 19 pts, 4 rebounds and 2 steals. We are pretty much set at 1, 2 and 3, with our 5 man a little too inconsistent. 4 spot is up for grabs in my eyes anyway. However our defense is a concern for all 5 spots. Demar DeRozan also went off and had 34 points. His speed, length and athleticism was almost undefendable. Gary Forbes had 13 pts, and after that nobody had double figures. Jose Calderon had 9 assists, but did not score. "

"3 losses in a row now. It does not look good. We need some changes, and fast. The chances of us making it back into the playoffs are fading way too quickly. We're not a very talented group."

Old 02-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #40
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Is the Sun setting in Phoenix?

With all of the attention being payed to the Dwight Howard-Deron Williams soap opera, there are a couple of other superstars out there that could possibly be had. Since the loss of Amar’e Stoudemire, the Phoenix Suns have been missing a true athletic PF to play with Nash. Marcin Gortat has been having career numbers at center, but the Suns just aren’t winning enough games. They currently stand at 8-14, in the midst of a 3 game skid. "We're not a very talented group." Nash said Sunday, in his familiar refrain.

Suns swingman Jared Dudley believes Nash will re-sign only if the roster is vastly improved between now and the summer. "I see him as potentially wanting to be here for a long time, but I also see someone where he wants the right pieces to be able to want to be here, you know?" Dudley said.

"He wants to be with an organization -- and I don't want to put words in his mouth -- where he wants to win. I know Steve and I know the competitor that he is, and I guarantee you that if they put a couple pieces here that he liked, I guarantee you he would stay." Interesting words, One would hope that the Phoenix front office knows this too. With that in mind, today we look at some possible trade targets for them.

Here is Part 1

#1 Tyrus Thomas

Suns Trade: Markieff Morris, Hakim Warrick, Robin Lopez
Bobcats Trade: DJ White, Tyrus Thomas

The Suns get Tyrus Thomas in the hopes it can re-ignite his stuttering career. It hasn’t worked out in Charlotte for Tyrus, but playing alongside Steve Nash and Marcin Gortat might just wake him up. The Suns also get DJ White who could similarily flourish with Nash. To make this happen the Suns give up promising forward Markieff Morris. He has a lot of potential and will get heavy minutes for the Bobcats. Robin Lopez could fill the Bobcats need for a big serviceable center, something they haven’t had since Okafor. Warrick is an add in, evening out the bad contract of Thomas, but a little cheaper. Add in maybe a 2nd rounder, and this could work for Phoenix, even though it’s a big gamble.

Chances of this happening? 9/10

#2 Josh Smith

Suns Trade: Channing Frye, Marcin Gortat
Hawks Trade: Josh Smith

With Al Horford’s form so far this year, and the Hawks flying high, it’s hard to see them wanting to make changes. But in order to make it to the 2nd round they may need to face Dwight Howard. Acquiring Marcin Gortat and sliding Al Horford to his natural PF position, could just do it. Add in the ever reliable Channing Frye to back-up the 4 and 5 spot, and things look a little brighter. A draft pick for the Hawks and they might just bite. Something needs to change for the Hawks, this might be the best offer they get.

Chances of this happening? 8/10

#3 Michael Beasley

Suns Trade: Hakim Warrick, Marcin Gortat
Timberwolves Trade: Michael Beasley, Nikola Pekovic

Gortat going to the Timberwolves to team up with Kevin Love could be a great frontcourt. The Twolves have been looking for a big man who could cover for Love’s defensive deficiencies. Gortat would tick all the boxes. The Timberwolves would do this in a heartbeat to fill this need, and also throw in promising big man Pekovic to get it done. This could cause more problems for the Suns than solve them. Can Beasley play the 4 spot effectively? Can Nash and Hill set him on the straight and narrow? Will Pekovic and Lopez be able to play the center at a high enough level?

Chances of this happening? 7/10

#4 Serge Ibaka

Suns Trade: Grant Hill, Marcus Morris, Marcin Gortat
Thunder Trade: Thabo Sefolosha, Serge Ibaka, Kendrick Perkins

This trade definetly makes the Suns better. An athletic promising PF and tough defensive center, means they upgrade their frontcourt greatly. The Thunder get Gortat who has a little bit more size and potential than Perkins. Losing Ibaka would be a blow, but gaining rookie Markieff Morris could be interesting, and would help stretch the floor. Gaining veteran Grant Hill though could swing the deal, he can also play PF when needed. Adding a leader like Hill could help their championship chances. But for the same reason, the Suns might not want to lose him.

Chances of this happening? 6/10

We will continue with Part 2 of the Suns probable trade targets on Thursday. Stay Tuned.

Last edited by RMJH4; 07-27-2023 at 05:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »