Home

Path to Greatness: Christian Carter's Career

This is a discussion on Path to Greatness: Christian Carter's Career within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Path to Greatness: Christian Carter's Career

Christian doesn't just want be a great point guard he wants to be the greatest. He doesn't want be somebody he isn't for the media, he's going to be his self. He wants to revolutionize the way the game should be played on, and off the court. By being his self. not trying to be a fan favorite, or being in the spotlight all of the time. He's going do everything the way he wants to do it, and not kiss up to anybody. He calls this his " Path to Greatness".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Path to Greatness: Christian Carter's Career

Difficulty: All Star
Game Style: vtcrb latest sliders
Game Speed: 45
Fatigue: On
Injuries: On
Shooting Type: Real Player %
FT Shooting Type: Real Player %
Season Length: 82 games
Old 10-28-2013, 03:28 AM   #3
Rookie

June 26, 2014 Draft Day
This is the moment I've been waiting for all of my life. I am going to finally become a NBA player. My life long dream is becoming true, and I'm more than ready for it. I can't wait to walk across that stage and shake Adam Silver's hand. That hand shake will begin a new era in the NBA. The "Path to Greatness" will begin when that moment happens.

Later that night...

Dad: Alright son this is the moment you've worked for ever since you were in middle school.
Christian: Come on dad I don't need any cliche movie speeches right now. I know I'm ready.
Mom: You're dad just wanted to get you amped up honey.
Dad: No he's right. You're a grown man you don't need to hear any of that cliche stuff.
Christian: I'm already amped up enough. I feel great!
Mom: Well that's good honey.

Adam Silver: With the first pick in the 2014 NBA draft the Utah Jazz select..., Christian Carter from Georgetown University!
Wait, did I just get picked first over supposedly once in a generation prospect Andrew Wiggins? YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've made it to prime time baby time to shake Adam Silver's hand, and begin my "Path to Greatness"!
Old 10-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
Rookie

Later on draft night
I decided to celebrate by going to a party some NBA draftees are at. There are a lot of them here, even some 2nd rounders, but the one I wanted to talk to most was Andrew Wiggins.
Andrew: Hey Christian, congratulations being the first pick in the draft!
Christian: Thanks man! I know you're kind of upset considering the fact most people thought you were easily going to be the number 1 pick.
Andrew: Nah man I'm just happy to be in the NBA, I mean It's not going to stop me from achieving what I want to achieve. If I would've been picked dead last, I still would want to become one of the greatest.
Christian: Same here man, I feel you.
Andrew: I mean I'm still going to be better than you.
Christian: I'm sorry?
Andrew: My NBA career is going to end up being better than yours.
Christian: No way I was better than you in college, and I'm still better now. I'm going to be way better than you.
Andrew: Dream on kid. I'm the best thing the NBA has seen in years.
Christian: OK, well my first step of proving I'm better than you will be me winning rookie of the year.
Andrew: Wanna bet?
Christian: How much?
Andrew: $10,000!
Christian: Shake on it.
*They shake hands*
Andrew: Welp, I'll see you soon.
Christian: Break a leg!

Last edited by BUCKSWEATSHIRT; 11-10-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
Rookie

July 6, 2014
It's the day before the NBA Summer league starts. My team the Jazz play in the Orlando Summer league, so we play from July 7 to 12. I've been working out nearly everyday since the draft. I'm sure I'm going to make a mark in the Summer league, but I wish I played against Andrew Wiggins once so I could prove who's the best. I guess I'll have to wait until the season for that. Today is also going to be my first time meeting up with my teammates and coaches. I'm excited to start playing this Is what I've been waiting for ever since middle school.

Afternoon
Quote:
Coach Corbin: Alright, for those of you that are rookies I will tell you my philosophy. We are looking to be a low seed in the West this year now that we have the talent. I will along the way make sure you adjust to the change of pace in the NBA. As for you people who have been on the team before I'm looking for you to be veterans, even you second year players. You should be adjusted to this league by now. You had 82 games to become prepared. I'm not going to give you any breaks if your having trouble, you have to find out on your own now. Now I will be using the Summer league to evaluate the talent on our team. If you don't fit with my team you will get cut. I'm looking for my point guard to be pass first not looking to score, the scoring role should go to my shooting guard. Small forward does everything a shooting guard does, but is not the primary scorer, and is bigger. Power forward brings strength and rebounding to the team. Center brings strength, rebounding, and size to the team. That's what we have with my starting five of Christian, Alec, Gordon, Derrick, and Pekovic. Now lets get ready for Summer league.

Last edited by BUCKSWEATSHIRT; 11-11-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #6
Rookie

July 7, 2014
Trey Burke is pretty mad that I got the start at point guard. He tried to convince coach that he was the better player, but coach just told him to go prove it to him during Summer league. Trey hasn't said a word to me yet. I personally think he needs to get out of his feelings. If he's really that upset about it then he should request to be traded. I'm going to show him why coach made me the starter today in our first game against the Miami Heat.

Quote:
Coach Corbin: Alright team, you guys have to take this game seriously so I can evaluate the team depth chart. Play 110% if you really want a role on this team. Now go warm up.
Time to prove my worth.

Last edited by BUCKSWEATSHIRT; 11-11-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #7
Rookie

* I'm not posting box scores for summer league*

Halftime

I'm playing good right now passing wise. I haven't been looking for my shot, just been trying to get a good feel for my teammates. The pace of the game really does change as soon as you come to the NBA. Everything is so much faster. It hasn't effected my game though. Trey Burke is being a ball hog, but is scoring alright. We're losing 35- 38 though. Probably because we aren't getting to the foul line enough. We're only 5-7 while the Heat are 13-17. Other than that nothing we haven't been doing good.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #8
Rookie

End of Game

We ended up winning 69-59. It seemed like the Heat stopped hitting shots in the second half, and weren't getting to the free throw line as much. I ended up having 14 points, 6 assists, and 2 rebounds. Trey Burke played terrible the second half. He couldn't shoot for ****. The rest of my team did their part though, and we got the W so I don't care.

Locker Room

Trey: I can't play off the bench.
Christian: Why not?
Trey: I deserve better than this. I was on my way to turning this franchise around. I had a good rookie season, but they don't even give me a chance and decide to draft another point guard to replace me!
Christian: Not my problem. Go talk to coach about it.
Trey: I'm demanding a trade! YOU STOLE MY SPOT!!!
Christian: Quit being a big baby!
Trey: **** you!!!!
*Trey throws a punch at Christian, but misses.*
Coach: HEY!!! What the hell is going on?!
Trey: I'M DEMANDING A TRADE!!!! HE STOLE MY TEAM!!!!
Coach: Fine! Will find a trade for you immediately. You're suspended from Summer league. Get out this facility.
* Trey packs his bags, and leaves.*
Coach: There goes are back up point guard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »